1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Beta V0.03 - Download, Issues, Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mare Nostrum' started by Ekmek, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

post them! I can do the xml! mine are smaller. I'll check yours first!

2. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

Techs for Mare Nsotrum:

3. woodelf

woodelf Bard

Here's a CTD I've had when founding the city right where the spearman is. 3 times now and I really wanted that salt!

Attached Files:

4. Ekmek

WEIRD. I repeated your crash. I thought it was a graphics file - but it still crashed. BUT I noticed when I said y"you're right settle on the coast" it left the king then I built it anyways and it didnt crash and the game continued fine. try that and let me know what happens. thx.

@koma - great pix. I think I can modify the ones I have to look like that. I'll work on adding these in!

5. woodelf

woodelf Bard

It didn't help me, but it's the only CTD so far.

6. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

The crash in your savegame is related to the salt. Found a city next to a salt resource and you'll getting a CTD. If you remove the salt with worlbuilder or place a mine on top of it before founding the city, it won't crash. Maybe it's that little shed immediately placed on salt after city founding. :confused:

7. woodelf

woodelf Bard

I've always hated the land worked shed when you found a city.

8. Ekmek

maybe its the salt nif? it doesnt do it for other resources. I'll look into it.

9. woodelf

woodelf Bard

Must be since it just did it again with salt and founding a city.

There's a pink box for barbarian axemen when you're in their city. Not sure if that's been mentioned.

10. Ekmek

Ok, I'll work it.

no it hasnt but I have fixed it. thx

11. Ekmek

ok, I made a new salt resource off of the col iron resource and tested it on your save game and it works. It'll be in the next Beta. but if you are dying to continue your game I'll post the fix.

@koma

I've been trying to mess with te FF screen but every time I try to adjust the height etc it just comes out bad. I'll finish up the icons and post them. Maybe you could fix up the FF screen? thx.

12. woodelf

woodelf Bard

Great news on the salt fix. I was thinking it could cause crashes with the AI as well when they founded cities and that building moves as the city grows.

Random stuff:
    Should the clay bonus be on plains? You can't build a lodge to improve it so it's sort of useless. And why would a lodge work with clay. Isn't it mined?
    Grape resources are even scarcer than sugar is normally (if that's possible).
    The barbarian tribes seem to be thinner and have less cities than normal. Is this something Dale did to AoD or did you guys make them less abundant? Only a big deal because there isn't a lot of training available without them.

13. Ekmek

I'm seriously looking a redoing resource handling. Once I finish up with graphics I may have a MareNostrum-Basic which is basicall Civ4Col but with te ancient stuff. Then I definetely want AoD2 version - but I may also tweak resources and get rid of olives, grapes, and sheep from standard tiles. You can get them from resources or you have to build a vinyard, grove, or pasture to get them from a tile (and have it consume the grower, shepherd, or planter). Also I would cut out the basic special buildings (winemaker, oil maker etc) and make you have to develop your cities. I just found it odd and too easy that once you plop a city with a pop of 2 ou could start cranking out olive oil or wine. I want to see more specialization and a bit more of a challenge.

I don't think I did anything except lessen the terrain types it grows on

I dint make any changes I wonder if it has to do with the list of city names available :dunno:

14. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

Yes, post them. CIV4FatherInfos.xml too, if you updated it.

15. woodelf

woodelf Bard

That sounds good, all of it.

That would do it. :) I've seen 3 grape bonus resources in about a dozen games.

Wierd. It's more wide open, but I doubt that has anything to do with the lack of city names unless some civs only have 2 or 3.

16. Ekmek

Ok, here they are and with the right XML. I like your 140x60 icons better than the 64x64 ones. If you can get them to display in that long format I think it would look better in the FF screen. I will then go back amd fix the other icons.

17. woodelf

woodelf Bard

Another minor issue; meeting Lucious has txt_key problems with the intro. Maybe with the rest of the diplo as well, but as least the introductions.

18. Stacmon

Stacmon Explorer

Great job everyone.

I remember discussing this topic with a few people months ago and I wasn't certain that it would get off the ground. Great that you are making it happen, because from what I've seen so far, you are well on your way to providing Colonization players with a unique and exciting experience.

19. woodelf

woodelf Bard

Playing as Lucius as the Roman Colonies I can't buy a veteran soldier at the docks. There isn't even one listed. It goes from horsetrainer to worker. Intentional?

20. koma13

koma13 Chieftain

Ekmek, this is the updated tech screen: