Better Report Screen (UI)

Better Report Screen (UI) 7.0

hi Infixo, updated localization files for 漢語 (Traditional Chinese) and 汉语 (Simplified Chinese). Based on version 3.0.1.

Attachments

• BetterReportScreen_Text_zh_Hant_HK.xml
    6.5 KB · Views: 295
  • BetterReportScreen_Text_zh_Hans_CN.xml
    6.5 KB · Views: 282
Same here. Localization file for French updated.

I think there is some bug with the version 3.0.1:
  • In the policies screen, it seems some beliefs with and without impacts are missing. For example "Pilgrimage". Is it intentional?
  • In the city-states screen, the "1 envoy bonus" doesn't seem to add if you have 2 or more city-states of the same type. For example I'm suzerain of Jerusalem and Yerevan (faith type), the 1 envoy bonus give 2 faith bonus for my Capital, so for 2 city-states, I should have 4 faith bonus, but on the BRS city-states screen, I only see 2 instead of 4. I'm may be wrong.
  • The game crash when I quit (never seen that before).

I have also extended the BRS screen (+120px) to fit all the main buttons in french localization (see attached files). It doesn't hide any side panel like you prefer. It take a couple of modification. I think it will be needed for some other localization.

Nice job again. :goodjob:

Attachments

• BetterReportScreen_Text_fr_FR.xml
    6.4 KB · Views: 335
  • BSR_before.png
    BSR_before.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 149
  • BSR_after.png
    BSR_after.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 154
@Tyolan
Pilgrimage is a Founder Belief. I only added Pantheons and Follower Beliefs.
The Envoy-bonuses dont’t add, it’s by design. The line shows a bonus from a single influence. If it were showing actual bonuses, you would get 0 if there were 0 influenced CSs. Remember that all these new info shows „what if”. So, this one shows „what if I influence 1 CS”. There’s also a number of CSs added to it, so you know if the bonus is actually active and to what extent. I will add some info in description for that to avoid confusion.
Tab buttons auto-adjust and in some localizations they go outside the borders. This adds to the list of reasons why the window should be widen.

Edit. No idea about crashes. I don’t think they are related to BRS. The code is only executed when you open the window, nothing is done besides that.

Just copysoul. :) And BRS screen width is quite OK in the traditional Chinese version (and should not be a problem for the Simplified Chinese version as well). It surprises me to find you have some additional Chinese localization already done in BRS 3.0.1.

I have also extended the BRS screen (+120px) to fit all the main buttons in french localization (see attached files). It doesn't hide any side panel like you prefer. It take a couple of modification. I think it will be needed for some other localization.
Pls. post the .xml for that.

Just copysoul. :) And BRS screen width is quite OK in the traditional Chinese version (and should not be a problem for the Simplified Chinese version as well). It surprises me to find you have some additional Chinese localization already done in BRS 3.0.1.
I am reusing many existing LOCs from base game :) Adding only ones that I cannot find any suitable match for.

@Tyolan
Pilgrimage is a Founder Belief. I only added Pantheons and Follower Beliefs.
The Envoy-bonuses dont’t add, it’s by design. The line shows a bonus from a single influence. If it were showing actual bonuses, you would get 0 if there were 0 influenced CSs. Remember that all these new info shows „what if”. So, this one shows „what if I influence 1 CS”. There’s also a number of CSs added to it, so you know if the bonus is actually active and to what extent. I will add some info in description for that to avoid confusion.
Tab buttons auto-adjust and in some localizations they go outside the borders. This adds to the list of reasons why the window should be widen.

Edit. No idea about crashes. I don’t think they are related to BRS. The code is only executed when you open the window, nothing is done besides that.
  • Is there a reason to not add Founder Beliefs?
  • I understand that you prefer to give information on what you could have than you already have. Good for planning. It is why the doctrine screen is the more useful and the one I prefer. But in this state, does CS BRS screen giving too few and the same information that the classical CS screen? Adding the actual yield gain (in an other color) could be a good upgrade in my opinion.
  • I don't have crash anymore. Seems to be linked to the changes I did with code and language changes may be. Sorry for that.

Pls. post the .xml for that.
See the attached xml file. I did some column space and alignment optimisation with the small space won. A lot of homogenization. Everything should be working fine in latin language (french, spanish, italian) and others. If you need more, you can't ask.

File only for R&F.

Attachments

• ReportScreen.xml
    100.6 KB · Views: 166
@Infixo
Your mod is great! It’s the first mod I’ve ever used and I’ve been playing since before Hoover Dam. I even had to log in to post a message! What is the world coming to?

Thanks!

Is there a reason to not add Founder Beliefs?
I understand that you prefer to give information on what you could have than you already have. Good for planning. It is why the doctrine screen is the more useful and the one I prefer. But in this state, does CS BRS screen giving too few and the same information that the classical CS screen? Adding the actual yield gain (in an other color) could be a good upgrade in my opinion.
1. Founder Beliefs work mostly with cities you don't control directly (other civs). Calculating all of them here doesn't make sense at all. Calculating real impact requires a bulk of new code which at the moment I don't plan to write. It must wait for an inspiration to trigger for me :)
2. Classical CS screen tells you how much you get from 1 building. BRS tells you how much you get from entire bonus (calculates buildings). I have an idea how to show actual gain without breaking mod's framework (eureka triggered here).

Infixo updated Better Report Screen (vanilla, R&F) with a new update entry:

Version 3.1 Improvements

Version 3.1
- Added: Unit's base strength (depending on type: combat, ranged or bombard).
- Added: Unit maintenance cost for individual units.
- Added: Promotions for Spies and Religious units.
- Added: Real housing from improvements (with 0.5 precision), inspired by CQUI feature.
- Added: Actual impact from city-state influence bonuses is shown in brackets.
- Changed: The window is 120px wider, suits better some languages, courtesy of Tyolan.
- Updated: Chinese and French localization for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry to keep you waiting.
This file is Japanese localization for version 3.1.

Attachments

• BetterReportScreen_Text_ja_JP.xml
    6.3 KB · Views: 315
I've noticed something else this does - in the info for wonders, listing all the modifiers etc. at the bottom, it tells you what era they are from! One of the most frustrating things is the wonders don't say ANYWHERE what era they're from! So you could accidentally lock out the production boost for the era you're planning on building. But yours lists what era it's in!

I do adore how much this mod stops me from having to go out of the game to look stuff up.

Top Bottom