Beyond Earth Factions

Also got some new information from Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/my-first-40-turns..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Alright, so confirmed factions are:

1. People's African Union
This is the Somali speaking faction whose strengths were in diplomacy, growth and health and weaknesses in production and religion.

2. American Reclamation Corporation
focus in science, infrastructure and production while lacking in cultures religion.

3. Pan-Asian Cooperative
Bonus to Production

4. The Kavithan Protectorate
Indian based faction.

5. Brazilia
Militarists

6. Franco-Iberia

I am guessing we are going to get a Middle Eastern Faction and a Eastern Europe Faction to round out the mix.

The nice thing about the foreign previews is that they get leaked different leaders. So we now know all 8:

American Reclamation Corporation Suzanne Marjorie Fielding (+science, +infrastructure, +production, -culture, -religion)
Brasilia ? (+military)
Pan-Asian Cooperative Daoming Sochua (+production, +culture +energy, +science, -military, -diplomacy, -religion)
Franco-Iberia ? (unknown)
People's African Union Samatar Jama Barre (+diplomacy, +growth, +health, -production, -religion)
Kavithan Protectorate Kavitha Thakur (+religion, +growth, +culture, -military training, -infrastructure, -science)
Polystralia ? (unknown)
Slavic Federation General Kozlov (+military, +20% satellite duration)

I'm not sure which article(s) it comes from, but apparently Hutama, Elodie and Bolivar are leaders, presumably for Polystralia, Franco-Iberia and Brazilia respectively. My source is reddit, which cites your site and the '8 factions' thread here.

Ninja-edit: the names might come from Steam achievements.

The nice thing about the foreign previews is that they get leaked different leaders. So we now know all 8:

American Reclamation Corporation Suzanne Marjorie Fielding (+science, +infrastructure, +production, -culture, -religion)
Brasilia ? (+military)
Pan-Asian Cooperative Daoming Sochua (+production, +culture +energy, +science, -military, -diplomacy, -religion)
People's African Union Samatar Jama Barre (+diplomacy, +growth, +health, -production, -religion)
Kavithan Protectorate Kavitha Thakur (+religion, +growth, +culture, -military training, -infrastructure, -science)
Polystralia ? (unknown)
Hopefully those aren't just simple + - effects but actual unique abilites
( so the PAC +culture is different than the KP +culture, and the ARC -religion is different than the PAU -religion)

Brasilia ? (+military)
Polystralia ? (unknown)

I am willing to bet on the remaining faction leaders to be revealed two are going to be male and one is going to be female. I think they are going to split the men-woman leadership ratio at 1:1.

can one hope

Poly - Polynesia
stralia - Australia

I'm not sure if this has not been posted yet, but Shacknews provides some background on the factions:

• The Pan-Asian Cooperative: Led by Daoming Sochua, the Pan-Asian Cooperative specializes in culture, energy, and science, while downplaying military, diplomacy and religion. This faction is based on the People's Republic of China and bands together many former Asian nations like South Korea and Japan. The PAC emphasize in the technology, housing high-tech corporations and high-level research and development.

[*]The Peoples' African Union: Led by Samatar Jama Barre, the People's African Union embraces diplomacy, growth, and health. Exercising the principles of self-reliance, the united African nations downplay production and religion. With ample mineral and biological resources, the African nations are now a haven for exploration beyond its borders.

[*]Kavithan Protectorate: Led by the prophet Kavitha Thakur, the Protectorate believe in religion, growth, and culture. Having set aside any need for military, infrastructure, or science, the Protectorate houses one-sixth of planet's population within its borders and seeks to spread the word of their prophet across the entire world.

[*]American Reclamation Corporation: Led by Suzanne Majorie Fielding, the ARC focuses on science, infrastructure, and production, concerning itself less with culture and religion. The ARC is the world's first and foremost megacorporation, comprising the third-largest economy in the world. Using their vast resources that includes gobs of capital, the ARC can fund just about any scientific endeavor.

I like how America is the third largest economy in the world and no longer a republic but rather a megacorporation.

Right now I'm more worried about the possibility of a Brazilian Bolívar, but yeah, those explanations need some work, specially regarding the factions' weaknesses. I hope they talk about them in the official blog, then I can decide whether I should be worried.

I think USA still exists, but ARC surpassed them economically...
What if the US as we know it is long gone?

What if Suzanne M. Fielding is British or Canadian, and the ARC's a British megacorp mainly trying to reclaim the American wasteland for itself after the rise of sea levels flooded most of the UK's major population centers?

Food for thought! :p

What if the US as we know it is long gone?

What if Suzanne M. Fielding is British or Canadian, and the ARC's a British megacorp mainly trying to reclaim the American wasteland for itself after the rise of sea levels flooded most of the UK's major population centers?

Food for thought! :p

What if Daoming Sochua is actually a Tibetan warlord who conquered China and Japan when the rising ocean resulted in the collapse of the previous regimes?

I'm not sure if this has not been posted yet, but Shacknews provides some background on the factions:

• The Pan-Asian Cooperative: Led by Daoming Sochua, the Pan-Asian Cooperative specializes in culture, energy, and science, while downplaying military, diplomacy and religion. This faction is based on the People's Republic of China and bands together many former Asian nations like South Korea and Japan. The PAC emphasize in the technology, housing high-tech corporations and high-level research and development.

[*]The Peoples' African Union: Led by Samatar Jama Barre, the People's African Union embraces diplomacy, growth, and health. Exercising the principles of self-reliance, the united African nations downplay production and religion. With ample mineral and biological resources, the African nations are now a haven for exploration beyond its borders.

[*]Kavithan Protectorate: Led by the prophet Kavitha Thakur, the Protectorate believe in religion, growth, and culture. Having set aside any need for military, infrastructure, or science, the Protectorate houses one-sixth of planet's population within its borders and seeks to spread the word of their prophet across the entire world.

[*]American Reclamation Corporation: Led by Suzanne Majorie Fielding, the ARC focuses on science, infrastructure, and production, concerning itself less with culture and religion. The ARC is the world's first and foremost megacorporation, comprising the third-largest economy in the world. Using their vast resources that includes gobs of capital, the ARC can fund just about any scientific endeavor.

Well, if she set aside the need for military force the Prophet Kavitha Thakur is not going to be Miriam Godswin Version 2.0. :D

Anyway, according to Gamecrate the American Reclamation Corporation and the African Union are supposed to be troublesome neighbors. The ARC is supposed extremely commerce-focused and will grab up as many resources as possible and the latter is supposedly a lot like Civ 5′s Shoshone, expanding rapidly early on and then fiercely defending their territory. This makes me think ARC is going to favor Supremacy while the African Union is going to favor Purity.

What if Daoming Sochua is actually a Tibetan warlord who conquered China and Japan when the rising ocean resulted in the collapse of the previous regimes?
Daoming Sochua is actually a name which combines Chinese and Cambodian elements. No Tibetan influence.

Anyway, about the ARC, while a twist would be nice, they'll likely be predominantly American. Because every Civ has to have America in some form, regardless of the circumstances.

Polystralia? AWWWWW YISSSSS.

Top Bottom