Beyond Earth Factions

Somalia could be the pirate faction. The SMAC expansion also had a pirate faction.

That's great, thank you for asking! I also hope they release more details about the factions, instead of just its name and leader.

- Commonwealth (Representing Britain, Australia, NZ, Canada etc.)
- European Union (Representing France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Poland etc.)
- Middle Eastern Union (Representing Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc.)
- African Union (Representing Nigeria, South Africa, Somalia, Ghana etc.)
- USA
- China
- Russia
- Brazil
Just my thoughts.

- Commonwealth (Representing Britain, Australia, NZ, Canada etc.)
- European Union (Representing France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Poland etc.)
- Middle Eastern Union (Representing Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc.)
- African Union (Representing Nigeria, South Africa, Somalia, Ghana etc.)
- USA
- China
- Russia
- Brazil
Just my thoughts.

Given the Somalian context in the trailer being dubbed over the Egyptian scene, the only way it is relevant is if it is associated with Egypt. Somalia and Egypt have to be in the same faction.

I seriously doubt there will be anything left of the British Empire in 200 years. The UK is part of Europe. Australia is getting closer to their Asian neighbours. African ex-colonies are trying despretly to rid themselves of the vestiges of the British Empire. India will eclipse Europe as a world power in two generation. Sorry, I don't see the commonwealth happening. The sun has set on this empire.

I seriously doubt there will be anything left of the British Empire in 200 years. The UK is part of Europe. Australia is getting closer to their Asian neighbours. African ex-colonies are trying despretly to rid themselves of the vestiges of the British Empire. India will eclipse Europe as a world power in two generation. Sorry, I don't see the commonwealth happening. The sun has set on this empire.

Firstly this is 200 years, anything could happen. 200 years ago Australia had barely even been settled. More importantly though, this is after the apocalypse, or at least something doing a good impression of it, all of geo-politics would be up in the air.

But the thing that everyone forgets is that these aren't, for the most part, empires and nations. These are corporations, intergovernmental organizations and the like. It's not like there'll be some neo-Imperalism with people going round singing God save the King and all that, but I could easily see the Anglo-sphere nations grouping after the Great Mistake to work together on this space program. We have no idea what's happened, half on England might be underwater by the time the game starts. I just don't think we should dismiss such things based on contemporary politics and short-term trends.

But the thing that everyone forgets is that these aren't, for the most part, empires and nations. These are corporations, intergovernmental organizations and the like. It's not like there'll be some neo-Imperalism with people going round singing God save the King and all that, but I could easily see the Anglo-sphere nations grouping after the Great Mistake to work together on this space program. We have no idea what's happened, half on England might be underwater by the time the game starts. I just don't think we should dismiss such things based on contemporary politics and short-term trends.

This raises an interesting thought. 200 years ago we were at war with the British and hated them and now America and Britain are best buds! Heck, 70 years ago we nuked Japan and obliterated Germany and they're both of some of America's closest allies. Political bonds will be much different. This Pan-Asian Cooperative may include countries who currently hate each other like Japan and China. That also means it isn't inconceivable for there to be a coalition including Somalia and the rest of the Middle East including Israel maybe.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Except they have said there won't be.

That stinks but in reality you can't play as the barbarians in any Civ.

That stinks but in reality you can't play as the barbarians in any Civ.

As much as I would like an Alien Civ. Ill wait for DLC or mods.

As for the factions I honestly think having an Middle eastern faction and an African one won't happen in the first 8.

I can honestly see it being 1 per continent ( though Russia and China are possibilities )

I expect it to be in mods. Are there any mods or Civ V that allow to be a legitimate barbarian?

I just read my copy of PCG UK no.266. I've written about this in the news sources thread, but Franco-Iberia is an option that Tom Senior played. Also a choice between nation states and multinational corporations is mooted.

I just read my copy of PCG UK no.266. I've written about this in the news sources thread, but Franco-Iberia is an option that Tom Senior played. Also a choice between nation states and multinational corporations is mooted.

So we now know of four factions total:

American Reclamation Corporation
Panasian Cooperative
Brazilia
Franco-Iberia

Didn't they say there was going to be a grand total of eight? If so we now know half of them.

I expect it to be in mods. Are there any mods or Civ V that allow to be a legitimate barbarian?

I do believe that there is one but it's basically a civ mod that just builds the barbarian unique units.

Franco_Iberia so a french/spanish/Portugal alliance... odd

Oh yes. I didn't think about the Franco reference. Unless there's another pun I'm missing here.

:lol: Yeah, It took me a while to get it as well. Turns out that France has nothing to do with it, it's just Spain and Portugal relapsing to dictatorship.

2nd pun: In Portuguese (and probably in some other languages), the term "franco" means "frank, open, unobstructed", and is applied to free economic zones. Franco-Iberia is actually a trade-oriented, Luso-Spanish faction, ready to establish Feitorias across the whole galaxy.

Wow, such a terribad name...
I wonder if the pun is intentional or not...

Wow this name Sucks. While it does make sense that there may be a french-Spanish polity in the far future, this is just.... Blah. It also gives little flavor as to the nature of the polity unless you are referring to General Franco. But since.he was a complete villain.of the highest proportions I doubt firaxis intentionally made the reference given their nice-guy take in the game. Oh look, there we have Hitler-Europe.

@Migoooy: I think a Africa faction is highly realistic. For two reasons. 1) it's a huge part of the world's land and population. Like equal to north and south America huge. That means enormous resources. Nigeria alone is poised to overlap the usa in population within two decades and have some of the biggest oil reserves untapped in the world. Ok maybe that oil will be gone by Cbe time, but it is safe to say that Africa has some of the world's least tapped resources in copper, diamonds, gold etc. 2) not including Africa would invite calls to racism. Justified or not, there is a reason every civ game has had at least one African nation. Oh look, everyone made it to space except the black people. Isn't this a white supremacists dream come true? Now our lebensraum will be just as we like it!

For.similar reasons I think there will be one middle east faction. Considering these guys are building a 1km Hugh skyscraper I think it is safe to say they can make it into space.

That leaves space for two factions. My money is on a Russian influenced one (for cold war space race flavor) and another Asian/Oceania thing. It is unclear if the pan-Asian cooperative is China centric, Japan centric, India centric or Oceania/Indonesia centric. I bet there will be another.of this sort as these are all powerhouses.in themselves, and any combo ofbthe four is possivk.

Franco-Iberia doesn't sound too bad. Honestly, as long as they don't make every single other nation thing some kind of cooperative or alliance I will be good.

Top Bottom