• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Beyond the S

Yes. Truly a new low.

The lack of news turns the subforum into a lawless land of random conversations who's purpose is to look at the game and its upcoming expansion in all angles (and to pass the time).
Without them we would turn into the cyberspace equivalent of a meeting where everyone is quiet and looking at each other awkwardly, with only the occasional "Uhm", "Hmm" and "What time is it?". :p

L - Lhasa
Q - Qing Dynasty (China)
T - Tang Dynasty (China)
U - Umayyad Caliphate (Arabia)
V - Venice
W - Wei (China)
X - Xia Dynasty (China)
Y - Yuan Dynasty (China)
Z - Zhou Dynasty (China)

Lusitanians
Lapponians

uhm uhm

Lombards!

Lithuanians
Latvians
Luxumborgians
Liechtenstieners
Lapps
Letts
Liberians
Lilliputians

Yoruba also works for Y.

It's amazing that we can find one for nearly everything. We're missing only Q, right?

Xhosa would be another option for X

L - Lombards
Q - Quebec
T - Tatars
U - Uyghurs
V - Venezuela
W - Wallachia
X - Xena
Y - Yankies
Z - Zulu

Too bad Inca is already in the game, otherwise we could have filled in Q with Quechua :/

Try with Qullana, it's a way of grouping Aymara Kingdoms after the fall of the Inca (not a really well known way, however, at least not outside Bolivia)

So, my try (yes, some are desperately South American, don't mind me):

L : Libya?
Q: Qullana or Qahtan (Pretty much semite)
T: Tiwanaku, or Tupi
U: Uru Chipaya
V: Venice / Vietnam
W: Warsangali Sultanate (this one is actually interesting)
X: Xiongnu
Y: Yugoslavia?
Z: Zulu

No L - Liechtenstein or Luxembourg your time has come :cool:

Q - Actually a lot of Arabic cultures over time started with a Q so a few choices.

T - Toltec

U - Uganda - Idi Amin now theres a leader to be feared ... mostly by his own people of course.

V - Vietnam

W - Wallachia

X - one of the chines X dynasties

Y - Yugoslavia under Tito

Z - perhaps an obsure group known as the Zulu ... I'm sure most of you have never heard of them ... nah to obscure I guess.

what is truly heart breaking, and discerning even, is the fact that all playable leaders are people who were rich, powerful, and well known through out their life times. I wasn't aware that Civilization was nothing more than a popularity contest hell bent on just supporting those who are already affluent! Why are there no average joes? no mary sues?! WHEN WILL THE MAN WHO IS NOBODY FINALLY GET HIS CHANCE IN THE SPOTLIGHT?

what is truly heart breaking, and discerning even, is the fact that all playable leaders are people who were rich, powerful, and well known through out their life times.

I wasn't aware that Gandhi was rich, powerful, or even well-known throughout his life.

That said, maybe Civ VI will have, say, Zachary Taylor as leader of the US.

Top Bottom