The West's Cultural Narcissism: An Examination of Tolkien's Orcs

"Orc" is the type of word one might say when one discovers one is cleaning one's teeth with shaving cream or vice versa.

This, however, always makes it easier to dehumanize.

B: "What do you think is the reason Russia invaded Ukraine?"

A: "Well, it's because they are consisting of Russian who got lead by another corrupted megaloman Dictator so these are somewhat expected. They've lived for hundreds of years under the subjugation of their own government, and that has molded their minds to be dull and willing to follow and accept whatever their government proposes. They are like zombies, sometimes like orcs; at best, they are like wasps with Putin as their queen. I've always disliked Russians, and most of the Russian people I know are considerably backward. All of this simply confirms my suspicions about them."

When this perspective is accepted, we can further dehumanize them, portraying them as a swarm of rats. This allows us to discriminate against them further without causing a public uproar.
Basic difference is still that Russia invaded Ukraine in an outright war of aggression, and the Ukranians are defending themselves,

As for dehumanization – this is a Russian planted idea, that they are the victims, always have been.

In the mean time Russia has spent years working on sidelining Ukraine and dehumanizing Ukranians:
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://balticworlds.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/BW_2022_3_4_Yulia_Krylova_Grek.pdf

The most important bit likely is the extremely consistent Russian denial of Ukranian agency. Denial of existence is a fairly advanced form of dehumanization in itself.

As for dehumanization – this is a Russian planted idea, that they are the victims, always have been.
It is not a Russian planted idea that people on this forum have called the Russian people orcs.
In the mean time Russia has spent years working on sidelining Ukraine and dehumanizing Ukranians:
Just because the Russian state has resorted to such tactics does not mean we should
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://balticworlds.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/BW_2022_3_4_Yulia_Krylova_Grek.pdf
You have an extension doing something odd with your uri's :p

Hum, you're either saying exactly the same thing I am while making it sound like you disagree, or I completely fail to understand you.
I said exactly the same thing and in agreement with you.

Top Bottom