Beyond the Sword for Mac OS is Shipping!

Hi there.

Which Aspyr site are you looking at? www.aspyr.com has a reference to BtS in its Aspyr Buzz section on the right of the home page. BtS is listed in the Title menu under Find a Game, and either of these links will take you to http://www.aspyr.com/product/info/108

But apart from that? No, zero (0) mention of it on their site. :)
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! So it is!

Unfortunately, the old page I had marked was http://www.aspyr.com/product ... which is mentionless of BtS. Actually, since it doesn't seem to render right in my Safari, that may be a languishing Aspyr link.

However, back to my original Mitching and Boaning, there's no mention of it on the Game Agent either. No whisper at the local Apple Store, Fry's, Best Buy (though their Apple section is fairly anemic anyway).

/sigh

Amazon it is...

Are you saying this only happens with 24 civs? Are you aware that 24 civs is not possible without a custom DLL? Please remember that the Mac versions of Civ4 and its expansions are incapable of running a custom DLL.
i am saying that glitch only happens with 24 civs, during a normal game, contact with other leaders also makes the music jerky and can make the map go black, most of the time when i zoom in kinda close it will fix up eventually but i guess no more 24 civs i think i will get rid of it. But tell me how do i run 18 civs on warlords i cannot find it :confused:

Are you saying this only happens with 24 civs? Are you aware that 24 civs is not possible without a custom DLL? Please remember that the Mac versions of Civ4 and its expansions are incapable of running a custom DLL.
oh thank you i just realized all these glitches started after i downloaded 24 civs im dumping it now, anothe man saved by SUPER ALAN :lol:

oh thank you i just realized all these glitches started after i downloaded 24 civs im dumping it now, anothe man saved by SUPER ALAN :lol:
oh yeah i also downloaded some custom text from the civ for text and 2 errors come up i ok them and it keeps loading but i will find and get rid of that too, the power of REALIZATION thanks again alan, its funny typing your name as i just finished watching two and a half men LOLS

My apologies for not sharing this correspondence sooner.

I wrote Aspyr last week (2009-08-04) asking if they had any idea when BtS might start showing up in physical stores?

> BTS should be on shelves soon. I assume you will see it within a week or two.

I also asked if they anticipated offering a Civ4 Complete style bundle?

> We currently have no plans to release more Civ. 4 bundles.

I still cannot find BtS on the Apple online store, but they have a nice article which I believe to be new:
http://www.apple.com/games/articles/2009/07/civ4beyondthesword/

Can't believe this dream has finally come true. Just ordered it from Play.com (Amazon were out of stock, but I don't use Amazon any more anyway).

Of course, in the meantime I'd done gone and bought the PC version and played it many times via Bootcamp, so what am I going to do with the Windows partition now?

Oh well, it'll be interesting to see how the two compare.

Beyond The Sword Mac has arrived to me !

But i believe that i will wait 3.19 patch to play BTS...

Before i will only play CivIV gold since it has 3-4 good stuffs for Warlords...

Like VeBear's Earth Map ?

I can't believe it. After waiting YEARS they finally shipped BtS. And it's about time. Now I can get rid of my boot camped windows. Only kept it for civ. :):)

I really wanted to buy this from a local store, just to remember that such things exist. And I live in the SF Bay Area, so surely there's a decent Mac games store here someplace. But...so far, no BtS on store shelves, including the Apple stores. Aspyr needs to get with the times and sell a downloadable version.

I feel your pain...
I really wanted to buy this from a local store, just to remember that such things exist. And I live in the SF Bay Area, so surely there's a decent Mac games store here someplace. But...so far, no BtS on store shelves, including the Apple stores. Aspyr needs to get with the times and sell a downloadable version.
I held out as long as I could. Finally broke down and ordered from Amazon a few weeks ago. Took a week to get here (came via US Postal Service, Drunk Snail Division), but been playing it for a couple weeks now.

I figure I'd place the order and lo-and-behold, it would magically appear on the shelves (for me to stare at as the Amazon delivery oozed it's way west). Strangely, no. Not in the local Fry's. Not in any one of the local four Apple stores. It's still not here.

Clearly, there's something afoot distributor-wise that nobody in Aspyr is authorized to talk about. On the bright side, at least I'm playing. Good luck, man.

The retailers don't seem to begetting the word. However, it is available for them to stock. I could not find it locally at my small independent Mac store, so I asked them to order it. They did not know it was available but when they checked their wholesale supplier, there it was. So they ordered it for me.

I figure I'd place the order and lo-and-behold, it would magically appear on the shelves (for me to stare at as the Amazon delivery oozed it's way west). Strangely, no. Not in the local Fry's. Not in any one of the local four Apple stores. It's still not here.

Wow, and I recall lots of decent places to buy Mac games from when I lived down your way (Eagle Rock, in my case). Is that nice game store in Pasadena still there? I remember getting KotOR from them right after it came out.

Maybe I'll go check out a local store I've heard good things about and try to place an order, like the other poster did. At least it gives me a good excuse to go explore beyond the Apple Stores.

Having seen that 3.19 for Mac is out and crosses to MP play on PC, I had to go for it. Frankly, I had given up hope -- which cost me a few months of native Mac gaming. Oh well...

No luck at retail, so I just ordered it online.

Can't wait!

We are seeing some indications that PBEM may not work in version 3.19, and that *could* read across into online play as well.

I recommend you wait to hear from someone who's tried it whether online cross-platform multiplayer works in Mac BtS version 3.19.

I finally ordered BTS last night online at amazon. I waited a couple months to save money and was hoping it would pop up at a Best Buy or Apple store around here, but I still haven't seen it, so I ordered it online.

We are seeing some indications that PBEM may not work in version 3.19, and that *could* read across into online play as well.

I recommend you wait to hear from someone who's tried it whether online cross-platform multiplayer works in Mac BtS version 3.19.

I've waited too long already. Since I need massive SP experience as well, I'm not too concerned -- although being able to play direct IP games would be very sweet. If the MP experience = fail, I can always go back to borrowing a buddy's PC laptop (my current situation).

Hoping to receive in the next day or so. I'll post anything interesting I learn.

If you receive version 3.17 on disk, you may want to upgrade to version 3.19. Remember to use the Aspyr updater. Don't try to use the in-game update menu option, as that just downloads the Windows updater.

Top Bottom