[Beyond the Sword] Necro Cristi

Industry, I highly suggest you try to read the thread title:

[Beyond the Sword] Necro Cristi 0.12

Now, what could this mysterious abbrevation BtS mean? And wyh would this contradict a WL (=Warlord) compatibility?

It was dead from the very beginning :D

Not dead. Certainly on sabbatical. Unfortunately my circumstances changed with the net result that I have a lot less free time than I did before so development has stopped for the moment. At an (unspecified) future date I will take it up again though. I still visit the civfanatics forums so any bug reports or suggestions are still gratefully received.

Hmm suggestions...how about zombies:) Well some kind of infection would be cool. Each time a unit fights a zombie they gain a infection point. Each point gives them a 1% chance each turn to turn into a zombie.

I wonder what kind of zombies there will be.
Virus infected like RE or a ancient curse? If all who dies turns into a zombie or just those who are infected.

So anything new Colin? I was tierd of waiting so I changed the wolfs to zombies.

Actually, your timing is spot on as I've actually started work on the mod again today. I've even managed to add some new unit models in (hey it might not sound too impressive but it's a big step for me as I've struggled with unit modding in the past). Hopefully in the next week or so I can post some screenshots to show what I'm working on. I've also posted a couple of unit requests over in the graphics modding forum if there is anyone about with such skills.

Re. the 'type' of zombies I want (once I get round to implementing them obviously) - I always had in mind that this would be left somewhat open to interpretation. Each faction will see the undead threat is terms of its own ideology e.g. the Foundationists may view it as punishment from God for the sins of mankind, the Atlanteans think it's a type of virus, the Garden of Ki see it as the earths natural defence against over population etc.

Great! I'm excited about this mod. If its easy to do, could you post the descriptions of the civs you're thinking about?

Khai - There are eight factions. They are The Fabian Society, The Pale Hand, Garden of Ki, Homeland Security, Foundationists, The Zanzibar Dynasty, New Atlanteans, and Eves Forgotten Children. I will post a brief primer on each factions ideology/history sometime next week along with some details of the current build.

Keilden - Does this mean you've found a decent zombie model? I found a promising looking one in a 'zombie pack' in the unit creation forum but am having trouble getting it to work.

I found one in the FFH mod....but I did somthing wrong so my zombie wolfs become blue statues or somthing:)

BTW if you want to borrow the zombie here is the FFH2 teams stance on it:

Q: What is the developers stance on usage of the artwork and modifications from FfH2 in other mods? I'm at the very start of a mod, and several of the FfH2 modifications but also artwork would fit very well there. With proper credits of course.

A: Not only is it allowed, it is encouraged! The more good mods the better. We just ask that you please credit the member that made the resource you are using.

Having trouble with unit graphics, more specifically unit buttons.

I thought the difficult part would be getting the models into the game but that went by rather smoothly. Even starting the game up and checking civilopedia showed my lovely new unit complete with its proper button. However once I try to build one in game - CTD every time. Before I used the new unit icons the new unit models were working fine so its not a problem with the actual units, just (I think) the button graphics. To make matters worse once I switched back to the old buttons the problem wasn't resolved so now I have the worst of both worlds!

Any modders out there with any insights? I could post my latest build but its pushing 100MB these days so would be a bit of a chore for debugging purposes.

PS I would have tried emptying my cache but apparantly BTS doesn't have one. Surely this can't be right, can it?

Yes, I suppose it was rather presumptuous to disappear for months and then waltz back and expect a 24 hour modding helpline. :crazyeye:

Anyway I've finally, one frustrating weekend later, nailed the icon button problem. Here are a couple of screenshots of the latest build, so folk know the mod is still progressing.

Firstly details for one of the new units. Also notice the rather snazzy new sepia reskin for the interface.

A couple of unique units. Homeland Security has these police units which replace (and are stronger than) the initial survivor unit. Here they are beating the frack out of some Fabian Comrades (another survivor replacement with improved city defence).

I know a couple of people were asking for more faction details. I shall try to post something in the next few days.

Top Bottom