1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Beyond the Sword] Necro Cristi

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Colin, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Colin

Colin Warlord

Try this:

In the civ4unitinfos.xml for the undead unit change <bPillage>1</bPillage>
    to <bPillage>0</bPillage>

This change will be in 0.15 version too.

2. jimkirk

jimkirk Prince

for some reason it doesnt work for me i installed it into the proper folder c:/progfiles/firaxis/civ4/bts/mods but it crashes when it tries to load up

i have bts 3.13 and windows vista

3. Beginner

Beginner Chieftain

I just get an error message saying "the server is at full capacity", no matter when I try...

4. Colin

Colin Warlord

This may be an issue with vista then. Is anyone else playing on vista? If so are you having this problem?

Presumably this is a problem with downloading the mod rather than an error message on starting it up? If so I know some people have trouble with sendspace, so let me know another site that works for you and I will try to upload the mod there in the next day or so.

5. woodelf

woodelf Bard

I use Vista and played the mod no problem. Getting it to actually install with Vista is a PITA, but it does run.

6. jimkirk

jimkirk Prince

some mods when i try to install with .rar i get a culd not do blah blah civcoredll.dll error thats the message from winrar it happens only with a few mods most work fine the error thing is soemthing like that its on the installation and when i choose the mod from the game it crashes on load

7. kairob

kairob Biohazard

This mod looks really good and has obviously had a lot of offort put into it. I will download it ASAP and will keep an eye for new versions!

8. meteore

meteore Chieftain

Hope colin can upload a copy to filefront.com, this site seems the only one of its kind I can access outside US.

9. Beginner

Beginner Chieftain

The only site I consistently seem to have problems with is sendspace, most of the other sites(like Rapidshare or Megaupload) works.

10. Colin

Colin Warlord

11. kairob

kairob Biohazard

Hey. It looks dead good. Dead good, do ya get it? ;). Anyways just noticed ya need to sort the dates out, maybe start it like 2010 or something and move through months? instead of 3000 b.c.

12. meteore

meteore Chieftain

13. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

great mod, its up to an excellent start. i really love the graphics, of the leaders and the buttons, and basically everything. i havent played a full game yet, but when i will ill post feedback :p im usually not into futuristic mods (or semi-futuristic) but i think this will be my kind if mod. keep it up! :D

14. Colin

Colin Warlord

If anyone knows where the text that appears after the calendar date is stored could they let me know please?

So far I've modded the globaldefines.xml so the game starts at year 0 and progresses by month, but I just can't find where the text (AD or BC) is kept.
    Come on, stop me ranting at the computer now, it's getting unseemly.

15. mike9o

mike9o Chieftain

Lots of fun :goodjob:, but it just started to crash to desktop. :confused:

End the turn of the attached save game, and the game will crash. :eek:

Help would be appreciated! :cry:

16. Colin

Colin Warlord

mike9o - I will not be able to look at the savegame for a day or two.

Were you playing on a 'watery' map by any chance though e.g. continents rather than a land-based one e.g. highlands? There is a known (and so far elusive) bug which causes games to crash on maps with a lot of water. This is mentioned in all readmes and feature-lists I put out but should probably be in big flashing letters on the first post too.

17. jimkirk

jimkirk Prince

most of my other mods have no problem playing on vista .. vista isnt an issue most of the time if "you understand it" lol.. vista may be like a kid with adhd it just needs a little "understanding" but nonetheless most of my games and mods works ecept for nechrochristi and maybe 1 or 2 others

18. jimkirk

jimkirk Prince

woodelf since you also use vista can you please tell me what steps you did to install it for it to work?

19. mike9o

mike9o Chieftain

Any mention in one of your first posts would be helpful, but big flashing letters would certainly get the point across. Most players new to the mod probably do what I did: check out your first posts for critical issues and load the mod. Readmes are kind of like maps or assembly insturctions - only reviewed after something has gone wrong or as a last resort. :lol:

I'll try a new game on a great plains map.

20. mike9o

mike9o Chieftain

Junkyard dogs totally dominate the early game. You can easily destroy the other civs by sending three of these out to conquer their cities. Maybe they should be made available with Projectile Weapons or Mining?