Bezeri Awakening

Still looking for a Civilization spell that is economy based? I have a suggestions.

Favorable Tied - Last 20 Turns
All coastal Regions in the world produce 2 extra the commerce, while all water territories within the players control have a 2% of gaining a random resource.

i speak neither sindarin, nor klingon, nor newspeak nor galach, na'vi or esperanto. :(
those are all constructed languages that come to my mind at the moment.

you talked of nerds, guess that leaves only the fanatasy/scifi ones. galach and na'vi are to special. so i guess its either klingon or sindarin.

/edit:
according to own of your posts its quenya.
there is no word "airandamar" in whole, but:

airon - noun ocean
aman - adj. blessed, free from evil

and since this is the topic about a water civ with an evil and a good part.... moooo!

Yes, it is Quenya. And it has nothing to do with oceans or evil. :mischief:

Still looking for a Civilization spell that is economy based? I have a suggestions.

Favorable Tied - Last 20 Turns
All coastal Regions in the world produce 2 extra the commerce, while all water territories within the players control have a 2% of gaining a random resource.

That's actually a very good idea... May use it, with a few alterations.

• Favorable Tide
    • Lasts 20 turns
    • All water (Coast, Ocean, Deep Ocean) tiles on the map gain 2 :commerce:, while all water territories within the player's control have an X% chance of gaining a random resource, where X depends on your current Faith level.

bah, im sick of puzzles. ill just hope the new religion will be fancy and inventive, originally. :)

the world spell sounds fine.

havent red the whole thread, but what about unique buildings?
had some ideas...

Hatchery(replaces harbor)
usual harbor boni (+extra health for toads) +10-20% milit. production

Tadpole Basin(replaces granary or smokehouse):
+0.2 :health: per kelp/kelp forest feature

Cold Rift Conservation(Replaces Salt House)
20% Food stored, 5% city defense (the food is stored safe deep within the ocean, enabling the city to withstand a siege longer)

Bubbling Pool(replaces hunting lounge):
+1 :health: for Water Mana
+1 :) for Nature Mana

Burning Rafts(not sure about what to replace):
+0.2 production per kelp or kelp forest feature
(the idea is that kelp is dryed/smoked on rafts and burned for either heat or used as building material)

Coral reef(replaces aqueduct)
provides fresh water (basically theres no need for fresh water here, but it represents a better health provided by diverser species to feed on)
+3 :health:

Royal Breeder(unique national)
gives +1 toad rescource, +2 experience for mounted units(for all cities?). in the bezeri society giant frogs are used as strong mounts, and the royal breeders are matched in skill and knowledge concerning mounts only by the hippus.
however, those frogs not so lucky to end up with a lizardmen on their back are returned to bezeri society - served right on their dishes :->
i dont know if you will use frogs as mounts, but it somehow came to my mind.

before anyone argues about giant lizardman and frogs eating other frogs - cannibalism is widespread in nature among those species. its absolutely acceptable to eat nonsentient frogs, even if youre a anthropomorphic giant frogbeeing yourself(escpecially if you believe yourself superior to everything else) :D

just some ideas...

bah, im sick of puzzles. ill just hope the new religion will be fancy and inventive, originally. :)

Hint: Cycles.

As for inventiveness... Yes, plenty of that. Developed it while in a Religion course at the college, while covering Eastern religions. Fairly... Unique... as a result. :D

And there is fully fleshed out lore for it, and an epic pedia that will be split similarly to the Beltane Cycle (Check the Fawn for the first page in that, btw), written by KillerClowns.

the world spell sounds fine.

havent red the whole thread, but what about unique buildings?
had some ideas...

Building ideas are always good.

Hatchery(replaces harbor)
usual harbor boni (+extra health for toads) +10-20% milit. production

Not sure about this one. Their cities are submerged entirely... Was thinking more along the lines of a floating trading post for the harbor, very trade-focused civ.

Tadpole Basin(replaces granary or smokehouse):
+0.2 :health: per kelp/kelp forest feature

Wouldn't be enough tadpoles, honestly. Tsaayiq'an are rare and long lived, and the lizards don't produce tadpoles. :p

Cold Rift Conservation(Replaces Salt House)
20% Food stored, 5% city defense (the food is stored safe deep within the ocean, enabling the city to withstand a siege longer)

This is a good one.

Bubbling Pool(replaces hunting lounge):
+1 :health: for Water Mana
+1 :) for Nature Mana

And this is an interesting one... They start with Water and Nature mana though, so that's essentially a free bonus.

Burning Rafts(not sure about what to replace):
+0.2 production per kelp or kelp forest feature
(the idea is that kelp is dryed/smoked on rafts and burned for either heat or used as building material)

They wouldn't burn it (nor need to), and are meant to be heavy into FoL.

Sustainable harvest would be something FoL espouses, though, rather than not touching kelp at all. So it could work.... Aside from the fact that they don't use production. :p

Coral reef(replaces aqueduct)
provides fresh water (basically theres no need for fresh water here, but it represents a better health provided by diverser species to feed on)
+3 :health:

Interesting.

Royal Breeder(unique national)
gives +1 toad rescource, +2 experience for mounted units(for all cities?). in the bezeri society giant frogs are used as strong mounts, and the royal breeders are matched in skill and knowledge concerning mounts only by the hippus.
however, those frogs not so lucky to end up with a lizardmen on their back are returned to bezeri society - served right on their dishes :->
i dont know if you will use frogs as mounts, but it somehow came to my mind.

Nope, they ride aquatic Snakes. Giant snakes. :p

before anyone argues about giant lizardman and frogs eating other frogs - cannibalism is widespread in nature among those species. its absolutely acceptable to eat nonsentient frogs, even if youre a anthropomorphic giant frogbeeing yourself(escpecially if you believe yourself superior to everything else) :D

just some ideas...

Eh, not really cannibalism. Huge difference between a sentient toad and the toad resource, there. :p

thy for your feedback ;)

Eh, not really cannibalism. Huge difference between a sentient toad and the toad resource, there.
yep, thats what i meant. nevertheless, only few humans eat apes for example, although i personally suppose thats more about their lack of qualification for factory farming. buuuuut thats a different topic.

-yet i like the idea of a free toad rescource bonus. as their building on ocean they will be basically limited to those few water rescources and this could be a way to improve the range of rescources without much effort
What about those ideas:

Muddy Cavern/Cavity
(unique, national)
provides +1-2 toad rescource(s)

Deep Sea Caverns
(replaces walls)
+% city defense, +%food stores
with the cold rift, it could be replacing the walls and palisades while at the same time improve food stored (since theyre a food based civ, eh?)
in times of need, bezeri population is evacuated into these caverns, protecting them of harm from any battles.

And turn the tadpole basin into the

Chinampas (unique building, or replacing i dont know what)
(from the atztec floating gardens, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinampa)
im not sure about this, but i think its an interesting idea. although this would also be a valid explanation to implement same kind of land-rescource harvesting for the civ)
still, :health: per kelp forest and
maybe :food: per kelp forest, because: while the farming on those artificial islands isnt enough to spread a full rescource to your cities (like corn, rice or whatever) the different plants growing here widen the bezeri menu.
why per kelp (forest)? cause thats the prime material those things are constructed of :D

thinking about it a bit more, it could also be some kind of unique improvement....

Airandamar

My Quenya is a bit rusty, what with Galadriel having buggered of to Valanor ages ago and me being a Wood Elf by birth... But closest translation I can get to is... "Old Long House"

So... Potentially "House of the Ancient"

Airandamar

My Quenya is a bit rusty, what with Galadriel having buggered of to Valanor ages ago and me being a Wood Elf by birth... But closest translation I can get to is... "Old Long House"

So... Potentially "House of the Ancient"

Well, as a disclaimer: Translation was made by Black_Imperator, and he said he may not be precisely right.

The 'Old' part is close; Actually 'Endless'. :p

The rest is incorrect.

Hmmm...

So we're looking at a compound of of Aira (Old), Randa (Cycle/Age) and suffix Mar (Land/World/Home).

Old Cycle of the World.

Endless is more accurately Oio, signifying an endless period.

So... A religion focused on the Endless Cycle of the World. And the religion changes based on your alignment... I suspect a strong Life/Death (Maybe Light/Dark) theme to it seeing as the cycle between those two forces is often viewed as -the- endless cycle. And that would also allow for good to have a stronger focus on the "Life" aspect of it, and Evil on the "Death". With Neutral being, as always, the balancing act.

And your mention of Eastern Religion earlier might lend support for this theory due to the nature of Ying and Yang.

Edit: Unless the name is kinda set in stone. Oirandamar (Eternal Cycle of the World) might be more accurate... That is -if- my conclusions hold true :p

Hmmm...

So we're looking at a compound of of Aira (Old), Randa (Cycle/Age) and suffix Mar (Land/World/Home).

Old Cycle of the World.

Endless is more accurately Oio, signifying an endless period.

So... A religion focused on the Endless Cycle of the World. And the religion changes based on your alignment... I suspect a strong Life/Death (Maybe Light/Dark) theme to it seeing as the cycle between those two forces is often viewed as -the- endless cycle. And that would also allow for good to have a stronger focus on the "Life" aspect of it, and Evil on the "Death". With Neutral being, as always, the balancing act.

And your mention of Eastern Religion earlier might lend support for this theory due to the nature of Ying and Yang.

Edit: Unless the name is kinda set in stone. Oirandamar (Eternal Cycle of the World) might be more accurate... That is -if- my conclusions hold true :p

Your conclusions about the name are entirely accurate. It is 'Endless Cycle of Worlds'.

Your conclusions about how the gameplay would work, however, are dead wrong. :D

I'm fairly positive that people won't get much more of it; It's a fairly unique idea. Unless you read the specific books I do. :p

As for the name.... Eh. Airandamar sounds better.

Top Bottom