BIngo Bango, bye-bye Bannon

On some other fake news site no doubt...
As everyone already knows, CNN is fake news... until its on FOX News it didn't happen.
From Fox News:

Steve Bannon out at the White House, source says

I think we will see a further drop in Trump's poll numbers. Some of the hard core may desert him, especially if Bannon gets Breitbart to attack trump.

If? If?

I'd consider that a done deal.

Rumor has it that the military and security leaders are going to confront Trump about the impact his embrace of white supremacy has on our international standing. When Der Spiegel and The Economist are featuring cover art with POTUS and KKK hoods there is a consensus that he is bad for America's reputation in the world.
The New Yorker Too... Don't forget about their cover:

I think this one is the best because it shows him blowing wind into the Klan-sails which then, in turn propel his boat forward.

since Bannon has actually condemned the far right and white supremacy much more forcefully and unambiguously than his boss.

Right, it's just that his condemnation rings rather hollow since he not only is himself far-right, but spent years using Breitbart to build the far right into something that could go mainstream.

Riddle me this, which internal power play forced him out? And who won?

Bannon was very much an economic nationalist. Are there anyone left who's not just "trickle up to trickle down"?

Last edited:
Watching Breitbart turn on Trump is going to be hilarious.
I wouldn't be that surprised if rhey turned on Bannon instead.

The good thing is I don't see Bannon shutting up, so this will likely expose some deep Trump crazy.

I wouldn't be that surprised if rhey turned on Bannon instead.

Bannon has been running Breitbart from the White House. He lives in their Washington offices. Seriously, that's his home. He "resigned" from the administration, not Breitbart. There is zero chance that Breitbart turns on him.

Mueller will probably want to interview Bannon.

Mueller will probably want to interview Bannon.

Maybe. Of all the characters in the Trump campaign pantheon I would put Bannon about as far from the Russians as anyone though. And it's not like someone as slick as Manafort would look at a drunken mess like Bannon and share a confidence.

Bannon has been running Breitbart from the White House. He lives in their Washington offices. Seriously, that's his home. He "resigned" from the administration, not Breitbart. There is zero chance that Breitbart turns on him.
I don't know too much about the internal politics of Brietbart and wouldn't be suprised if you are completely correct here, but when it comes to ad dollars, supporting Trump seems like a better move than supporting Bannon. And in the end it's the ad dollars that matter, not any loyalty to Bannon.

I don't know too much about the internal politics of Brietbart and wouldn't be suprised if you are completely correct here, but when it comes to ad dollars, supporting Trump seems like a better move than supporting Bannon. And in the end it's the ad dollars that matter, not any loyalty to Bannon.

Well, that's hard to predict. The question is whether Breitbart commenters are a representative sample of Breitbart readers. If the ad dollars follow the readers, and the readers are represented by the commenters, than Trump is toast. Commenters accept Trump as 'our blunt instrument' (a little known Bannon quote) but they revere Bannon.

Apparently one of the senior editors at Breitbart responded to this story by tweeting "this means war!" I'm thinkin' he didn't mean 'on Bannon.'

Funniest tweet so far:

"Trump changed course and removed a confederate monument."

I'd say that the key figure was McMaster. Bannon/Breitbart has been demanding that he be fired in a steady stream for weeks, and in standard Bannon style creating an endless stream of stories about his misdeeds that if Trump believed them would leave no choice but to fire McMaster. When Trump didn't fire him there was no avoiding the conclusion that Trump doesn't believe everything Bannon says. I'd guess Bannon's reaction to that was a downward spiral into a Scotch bottle and eventually he was just too drunk to survive in that pool with the sharks that were out to get him like Kushner, Kelly, and Cohn.

It's time to start speculating on his agenda, then.
To quote Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?...

" Since I've had Toontown under my jurisdiction my goal has been to reign in the insanity, and the only way to do that is to make Toons respect...the law."

The WH is definitely a lot like Toontown and certainly filled with "Toons"...

Maybe you should read the news reports. Every one of them I've seen so far mentions that Kelly wanted him out and that Bannon had angered Trump with an interview this week.

Top Bottom