BNW patch en route

While I'm all for the new MP features, I can't help but notice it does not fix several other bugs, but that is left to be seen, i'm also pissed we still can't denounce one another, we need to improve human-to-human diplomacy :(.

But yay for a patch

Also, we already knowf rom the first live stream that a Fall Patch is going to be made for Brave New World anyways.

The patch may help me go through the days before release and try some mp games.

So it will probably be online in Portugal/the UK by tomorrow night, right? I'm keen on trying the patched MP with a friend.

How many megabytes does it usually have?

So it will probably be online in Portugal/the UK by tomorrow night, right? I'm keen on trying the patched MP with a friend.

It'll be tonight - they said yesterday in their time that it would be "tomorrow morning PDT" which means roughly any time in about the next 3 hours. Not sure how big the file will be - sizes vary dependant on content, so can't help you there.

There might be a delay with the patch folks, ie yesterday was Canada Day and later this week is Independence Day. So don't expect things to be released on time (I'm talking about the patch). Some game were suppose to be released (and other patches) yesterday on Steam but didn't happen.

There might be a delay with the patch folks, ie yesterday was Canada Day and later this week is Independence Day. So don't expect things to be released on time (I'm talking about the patch). Some game were suppose to be released (and other patches) yesterday on Steam but didn't happen.

I don't see that slowing things down. I've never seen anything delayed due to Canada Day, and the 4th is still days away (and also not big enough to change already planned events). Ideally expect things in about an hour, which is when Steam usually updates.

pacific west coast morning should end in 1,5 hour right. Im logging off and expect to be able to download when i get back.

I've found Steam does it's updates around 10AM PDT, which WolframAlpha kindly tells me it's 6PM (so in 30 minutes).

They announced yesterday that it would be today. I rather think that at the 2K/Firaxis end, delays are unlikely.

Again I could be wrong but remember they hand Steam the patch so even if 2k says today doesn't always work out (people getting on holidays, being short handed and what not). Though I hope I'm wrong. I do want to get in some games later today and maybe some multiplayer. :)

Still no patch and morning is almost over for them...

If I go offline, will the update still install? Cause I don't trust that it'll not break saves.

Still no patch and morning is almost over for them...

They did say it would come "about morning PDT" or words to that effect. It is still 10:37 AM here in PST so I'd give them another hour and a half...

Game just updated for me on Steam at 10:13, completed just now with 1.3 MB of material added.

If I go offline, will the update still install? Cause I don't trust that it'll not break saves.
It won't install, but it's been reported that, in some cases, it might notice there's an update available even though Steam is in Offline Mode, and refuse to start the game until you go online and update.

That doesn't usually happen, though.

55 minutes left of 'morning' on PDT, by my reckoning.

Top Bottom