[BTS] BOTM 128 - First Spoiler to 1AD

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff

BOTM 128 - Purple Reign - First Spoiler to 1 AD

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, up to 1AD!

Were you pre-game settling plans working out as you hoped? Anything tricky come up?

Stop! If you are participating in BOTM 128, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
  • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions

• Please do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
  • Please do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
  • Please do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD. (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

Slow start. This was going to be the game I cleared all my forests and ran over enemies with Horse Archers.
But completely peaceful so far. I love Spiritual as I can switch religions whenever the AIs demand.
Was only able to keep/catch up in techs by trades.
4 cities: SIP (9), clams/horses (3), tricky spot (7), N of mtn to west on edge of Cyan (1) as launching point for invasion
No wonders
7th in score and GNP, but 1st in production and power - will be time for war soon
my last couple games had failed chariot rushes; this time HAs - have 5 and will start when I have 6 in position

I decided to give up one of the clams by moving 1W to make Delhi a canal city. That proved to be something of a waste later when I discovered iron beneath it. My second settler went west to grab the happiness resources before my neighbors did. My third settler went south of Delhi, then it was only after I settled my fourth city on the island to the NE that I realized how rich the continent to the east of the blocking mountain was. My fifth city crossed that gap and I plan to fill the rest of that land ASAP.

Yellow beat me to the Oracle, but I built the GLH in 525 BC. All the world is peaceful--and why wouldn't it be, with neighbors like these?

14 cities and 76 pop at 1 AD. -70 gpt @ zero research and 222 gold in the bank :crazyeye:. Captured Stonehenge and The GWall.

I noticed that barbs were off and that the east was blocked off by a mountain. I decided to gamble that there were AI's accessible in the west and started walking with the settler. It's sort of a nomad gambit: Move close to an AI capital, build a small warrior stack and capture the capital early. The idea is that the settler moves twice as fast as the warriors and thus you can have the stack ready much sooner. I went NW following a path were the settler could do double moves and luckily a green border appeared after 5-6 turns. The spot was ideal with a plains hill (where I settled) next to a forest plains hill, grassland pigs and two lakes. Next on the agenda was building 4 warriors in 12 turns (Had 5 hpt from the beginning) and a stack of 5 warriors were sent to Team Greens capital which was defended by a single defenseless warrior. Next I built a worker and then two settlers to claim copper and horses. Did some worker stealing from Team Cyan and Team Yellow and then went to war against Yellow with a mix of axes and chariots while researching HBR. Having added 3 Yellow cities attention was turned to Orange and his two cities were captured mostly with chariots. With 9 cities spread out across the continent I was already running a deficit of -11 gpt @ zero research but capture gold and fail gold from the GWall covered this easily. The Yellow cities had floodplains for cottaging and the Orange capital of Delhi was ideal as a GP farm. My horse archers were arriving at the front lines and I noticed that Black had only a single skirmisher in his capital. Thus he became the next target and two of his three cities were added to the Purple Reign and the last one was razed. A steady stream of HA's were now moving west and Peach was attacked and eliminated. Only one city was added. A city was settled near silver to improve happiness. I don't have Monarchy and it seems too late to complete the Mids which I have been building in the hope of getting some fail gold. Just before 1 AD I attacked the remaining two civs. Razed two Dark Indigo cities, captured one and moved a stack of HA's towards the Cyan capital.

The economy is a little critical but hopefully the Cyan capital will fall next turn adding a good amount of capture gold. There are also some improvements near the razed cities that can be pillaged for gold so hopefully I can avoid strikes.

Quite peaceful start, apart from stealing workers from Cyan. Luckily discovered the eastern bonanza accross the mountain relatively early and settled 3 cities there. Will move the capital there surely. GLH built, MoM and GLib nearly done. 9 cities, 40 pop. Teched up to CS and 2 turns from Music. Sent a warrior out early due west, which gave me circumnavigation in 900BC.

I stole a worker from Cyan and then chariot rushed him. Pataliputra will surely be where I move my capital.

In terms of tech I am nowhere really. Missed Oracle because I was chasing HBR.... by the time my Chariot rush worked it was too late.

Have no clue where I want to go with this game. Rushed chariots to Gandhi due W ..nice burea cap there. Harassed Asoka to the North to keep him from hooking up Copper(it was mined but not roaded) .keeping my warrior around there until my chariot army made it's way and took his one city (nice one too).

Like nocho, glad I saw land to East, which I actually did when settling 3rd city over there near dear. I'm like damn, wish I saw just E of it first. But got more settlers over there as fast as I could for the goodies and met that second..now only surviving... Asoka.

Settled in place..seemed only logical thing to do here unless you wanted to move settler for a few turns finding something - and there wasn't much in the vicinity. Second city settled below next to horses ...crap city just for fast horses. Then Chariots. Then GLH.

Lots of land to settle. Only have like 14 or 15 cities - 3 captured, but so much land still to settle.

Chopped Oracle but was waiting to do CS-sling and, ofc, the horn blew that someone else - I think Hatty - built it. So that was disappointing. Teching has been quite slow early as took some time to get foreign trade routes, and that was only that East Asoka from my galley scout.

Stole a ton of workers. Think I only built one. I actually went BW first..as worker would finish right before it, then fishing and chopped the wbs.

Not sure what to do..game feels kinda slow, but should pick up quickly soon. CS took far to long without the Oracle but tech is picking up. Haven't check numbers but seems Dom would be easy mainly with just settler spam. Surviving AIs are obviously not terrible pleased with me with all the peacenicks and me DOW-ing an Re-DOW-ing for workers

Last edited:
Top Bottom