Brave new world UNITS

Also, another unit i'd like to see added in BNW is Zeppelins to be an early bomber (Before the Great War Bomber) an act as a early and fairly weak bomber as it would be a good representation of the first bombing raids ever carried out by the Germans over Britain and also a good example of Industrialisation of Europe.

Also, another unit i'd like to see added in BNW is Zeppelins to be an early bomber (Before the Great War Bomber) an act as a early and fairly weak bomber as it would be a good representation of the first bombing raids ever carried out by the Germans over Britain and also a good example of Industrialisation of Europe.

That could also be a UU for Germany

They should make a base unit that can set up in other friends countrys. have a little base with guided missile in it. what more units could be in the base?

Yes this is correct, I completely agree that everyone should be able to build Ships of the Line, Britain's fairly weak UA reflects it's naval power anyway.
Redcoats should defianetly replace the Ship of the Line as the Redcoats were the most elite unit of their time and they were what built the British Empire.
I also hope that a 3rd or even better - 4th UU/UB/UI will be added to the game as I have a large thread about this already if you want to suggest anything - 3rd UU/UB Suggestions. Then Britain could have a UB to make it balanced.

I like your idea for adding the Black Watch, which I saw in your thread. Some ideas I have would be the abilty to build ANZACs, which would be a replacement for GW infantry. Or the ability to build units that represent the Commonwealth, which could be an alternate UA. This could give England a set number of maintenance free units. Either that or an extra promotion for any new British unit land or sea. The British always brought in divisions from India, Canada, Australia and other places to help bolster the available forces on the ground. These divisions were well trained. Of course you know this already.

Nobody had a better trained navy in the Age of Sail. Another possible UA is that British ships could get a bonus to ranged bombardment and combat strength.

If they add a dreadnought to BNW. The British could get the Queen Elizabeth super dreadnought as a UU. These could get a 20% combat bonus vs enemy surface ships. Or perhaps a bonus to firepower, combat strength, and range. These ships were ahead of their time.

There are tons of options to make England a more substantial civ in the game.

Another interesting unit they should add to BNW would be a commerce raider. This would fit perfectly with the new sea trade route feature added. I'll say it once again a cruiser should be added as well. These could for game purposes, protect sea routes.

Doesn't the Great War Bomber make airships redundant?
Airships weren't used that much in combat anyway and were replaced by aircraft as soon as possible.

Airships weren't used that much in combat anyway and were replaced by aircraft as soon as possible.

Airships could act as a bomber before flight is researched but due to them being so early, they would be quite weak and wouldn't take much to bring them down, but hey its an early aircraft so why not?

Airships could act as a bomber before flight is researched but due to them being so early, they would be quite weak and wouldn't take much to bring them down, but hey its an early aircraft so why not?
Because the Airships in Civ IV were horrible. For one thing they were ahistorical... military airships did not predate winged aircraft (you need Combustion for both), and even zeppelins (which should come much later) were never effective military weapons. Gameplay-wise, they were free bombardment with no counter.

The WWI "Modern" era already has a complete range of units... there's no need to add new ones. And adding an air unit in the Industrial era would be a work of fiction.

Because the Airships in Civ IV were horrible. For one thing they were ahistorical... military airships did not predate winged aircraft (you need Combustion for both), and even zeppelins (which should come much later) were never effective military weapons. Gameplay-wise, they were free bombardment with no counter.

The WWI "Modern" era already has a complete range of units... there's no need to add new ones. And adding an air unit in the Industrial era would be a work of fiction.

Well, there were balloons but their military uses were very limited...

They should put the f-22 and the b-2 as stealth aircraft for the fire tech and these aircraft can't get shot by SAM units

I won't more modern era type units !!! I can come up with so many !!! A10 thunderbolt tatical bomber !!!

I would like to see an American civil war era artillery. Something to fill the gap between canon and WWI/WWII howitzers.

I would like to see an American civil war era artillery. Something to fill the gap between canon and WWI/WWII howitzers.

Yes they have a rifled cannon. Someone found the ACW units looking through the game files after GnK came out. He also found two ironclads that look like the Monitor and Virginia. So, the rifled cannon can go between the cannon and artillery. Which I will do through a mod if I have too. lol

In G&K, Artillery is now available earlier, contemporary with Riflemen and Great War Infantry, and is very weak against Atomic era (WWII) Infantry. And there isn't another siege upgrade until Rocket Artillery, which really shouldn't be available until the Information era. So it would be nice if they added a new gunpowder siege unit somewhere and reshuffled the rest, as they seem off now. Either a new early 1500's cannon that's strictly a siege weapon (and push back Cannon and Artillery), or a new 1890's howitzer-type weapon and push Artillery back to Atomic era and Rocket Artillery to Information era.

It's true that bombers supplement artillery starting in the modern era, but they're somewhat limited in functionality, and dependent on Oil.

Sound cannon units! a blast of sonic waves that weakens the opponent!

In G&K, Artillery is now available earlier, contemporary with Riflemen and Great War Infantry, and is very weak against Atomic era (WWII) Infantry. And there isn't another siege upgrade until Rocket Artillery, which really shouldn't be available until the Information era. So it would be nice if they added a new gunpowder siege unit somewhere and reshuffled the rest, as they seem off now. Either a new early 1500's cannon that's strictly a siege weapon (and push back Cannon and Artillery), or a new 1890's howitzer-type weapon and push Artillery back to Atomic era and Rocket Artillery to Information era.

It's true that bombers supplement artillery starting in the modern era, but they're somewhat limited in functionality, and dependent on Oil.

Honestly they should rename the "cannon" something like bombard and make a cannon with stats more appropriate to the industrial age...

These are some units found in hidden G&K files. We've known about these for some months. For some reason I can't find the thread we discussed, what was then, a hope for an upcoming American Civil War DLC. Which ended up as we know now a scenario in BNW. Here are some screenshots.

These hidden units are used in a current Civil War scenario mod. Which I played, but the mechanics added were not for me.

USS Monitor, CSS Virginia, Parrott rifle, 1841 Model Gun (?), Confederate cavalry, and Union and Confederate riflemen, I believe these are the only hidden units, but we'll see in July.

The smoothbore 6lb. 1841 Model Gun

Airships had far better range and could travel farther with larger bomb loads. The other interesting thing was that they were virtually silent. When you saw that monstrosity come out of the fog over your city...you, to say the least became frightened quite quickly. Intercepting fighters had some issues going up high enough to deal with them. Airships were the precursor to strategic bombing. Or a better way to put it, airships were the first operational strategic bombers. Both sides used them in WWI, although the Germans were more advanced using this technology. Airships were also used for recon and ASW operations.

Top Bottom