Brave New World's 9 new Civs

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will Ethiopia be for those with G&K and without it? I wouldn't want Ethiopia to be included in the expansion. Adding Spain in G&K was a big mistake IMO. I had to pay 40 dollars for a fricken civ that I already had

$440 for the expansion ($40 for the new features, $40 per included civ), and I thought in Australia we got screwed about with price!

Have they ever had 2 civs in a game where they both had, without question, the exact same capital city? Even Germany and the HRE have different capitals.

I have.

Turkey + Byzantines in same game = Constantinople and Istanbul on the map. XD

It would be interesting if they ever added Mexico, as Mexico City was built atop what was once Tenochtitlan.

Past that Londinium makes a sneaky appearance in the Roman city list.

I think I'd be fine with Inuits if they could water-bend

How will Ethiopia be for those with G&K and without it? I wouldn't want Ethiopia to be included in the expansion. Adding Spain in G&K was a big mistake IMO. I had to pay 40 dollars for a fricken civ that I already had

You didn't pay for it at all. They advertised nine new civs for G&K, that's what you got. If Spain had counted for one of those new civs then you would have been ripped off. On top of that, Spain in G&K did not give you the Inca, the New World scenario, or the ability to play Spain or the Inca in vanilla.

You didn't pay anything extra or get ripped off because Spain was in G&K. Other people getting something for free is not you losing money.

You didn't pay for it at all. They advertised nine new civs for G&K, that's what you got. If Spain had counted for one of those new civs then you would have been ripped off. On top of that, Spain in G&K did not give you the Inca, the New World scenario, or the ability to play Spain or the Inca in vanilla.

You didn't pay anything extra or get ripped off because Spain was in G&K. Other people getting something for free is not you losing money.

NO! He paid $40 for Spain and Spain alone! He was forced to do so as well you know!

I hope they put Ethiopia in the Africa scenario if you already own GaK. I hate when the most appropriate civs aren't put in scenarios because there is an off chance someone may have only bought the one dlc and not another: Babylon and now Assyria should be in Wonders of the Ancient World if you have all the relevant DLC packs. Same goes for Denmark and now Poland, and maybe Morocco and Venice/Italy in ItR

Babylon and now Assyria should be in Wonders of the Ancient World if you have all the relevant DLC packs. Same goes for Denmark and now Poland, and maybe Morocco and Venice/Italy in ItR

I seriously doubt Firaxis will retroactively add civs to the already released scenarios. I suppose there's a small chance that if there is a third expansion pack, they may remake some of them so that they include any new civs that would fit, but most likely you'll have to wait for somebody to mod them.

I do agree with you about Ethiopia though - a scenario based on the 'Scramble for Africa' just wouldn't be complete without them.

And how much did you pay for the Spain DLC? Like 3 dollars? Daaammn what a money!

And how much did you pay for the Spain DLC? Like 3 dollars? Daaammn what a money!

About 8 dollars; didn't need Spain in G&K. They could've replaced Spain with another civ. Don't know why Firaxis decided to add Spain in G&K

About 8 dollars; didn't need Spain in G&K. They could've replaced Spain with another civ. Don't know why Firaxis decided to add Spain in G&K

Because a scenario that was based largely around the Crusades, the Reformation and the Counter-Reformation would have looked a little odd without them.

I think (or at least I hope) everyone agrees Morocco(or as I prefer, the Moors) has to enter Civ5 brave new world.

So that leaves 3 slots;)

Here are my favorites:
-Khmer
-Holy Rome (Charlemagne)
-Malaysia
-Prussia
-Olmec
-Minoans
-Nubians
-Selucid Empire

It is a pitty that the developers made clear that there is not going to be a:
-Sumer civ, as you have the city-state Ur
-Israelites, as Jeruzalem is a city-state
-Ancient Greece, as there is already Greece. They should have made a distinction between Macedon and Ancient Greece, but they did not.
-As Venice already is a city-state, it is not going to be a civ either, but I am glad for that, because for me it is a city state.

The Khmer, a Malay/Srivijaya, Minoans, Olmecs, Nubians, and heck, even a Seleucid civ would be really awesome.

-Holy Rome (Charlemagne)
That's the last thing we need. If Charlemagne should be included let's hope it's as The Franks/Francia.
They're essentially synonymous with Germany, especially as the leader is Bismarck and the capital is Berlin.
-Ancient Greece, as there is already Greece. They should have made a distinction between Macedon and Ancient Greece, but they did not.
Greece is Ancient Greece. Look at the units, uniques, and cities. Byzantium is medieval Greece. There is no modern Greece in the game. Also including a separate Macedon could be considered offensive to modern Greeks, who consider the ancient Macedonians Greeks.

You're almost certainly not going to have Germany, Prussia, Austria, and the Holy Roman Empire in one game. That's redundancy stacked upon redundancy. Just like they didn't make a distinction between Macedon and the Greek City-States, they clearly don't make a distinction between Germany and the states that existed prior to German unification (their leader is Prussian and one of their UUs is from the Holy Roman Empire).

The Khmer, a Malay/Srivijaya, Minoans, Olmecs, Nubians, and heck, even a Seleucid civ would be really awesome.

That's the last thing we need. If Charlemagne should be included let's hope it's as The Franks/Francia.

They're essentially synonymous with Germany, especially as the leader is Bismarck and the capital is Berlin.

Greece is Ancient Greece. Look at the units, uniques, and cities. Byzantium is medieval Greece. There is no modern Greece in the game. Also including a separate Macedon could be considered offensive to modern Greeks, who consider the ancient Macedonians Greeks.

Yeah, you are right Prussia is highly unlikely, would have been nice though, in my opinion.

About holy rome, it was added in Civ4 beyond the sword, I must say that I do not know whether holy rome or franks is more correct.

About Macedon and Ancient Greece. They are seperate civs, but as you state correctly, not in civ5. Ancient Greece, is the civilization of philosophy and local wars, whereas Macedon is the civilization of Alexander the Great conquering great parts of Asia. In my opinion they are different civilizations, but not according to the Civilization series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom