Bring back the GLANCE tab to the foreign advisor!

Would you like to have the GLANCE tab back?

• Yes

Votes: 311 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Somebody will do a mod for this very soon anyhow... and I don't care about multiplayer.

Votes: 25 6.9%

• Total voters
Great, thanks a lot Bhruic! It worked.

BTW, do you know what specific change or bug fix was made re: the tech trading screen?

Cutting out a feature from a released game because it "looks ugly"?! :rolleyes: Are they making a strategy game, or a pretty graphics show? I hope they just used that as an excuse because they broke it in the patch and didn't have time to fix it.

Great, thanks a lot Bhruic! It worked.

BTW, do you know what specific change or bug fix was made re: the tech trading screen?

Glad to hear it!

I'm not absolutely sure what the change was, because I didn't look at it in much depth, but from what I saw, they were changing the way the "can research" column displayed techs.

Bh

I didn't use the Glance tab much, and it was certainly a bit visually awkward, but there's really no reason to remove it without replacing it.

Yes.

Perhaps Firaxis thinks that we should role play with the "What do you think of..." questions in diplomacy regarding other civilizations. Civilization IV is a strategy game not a role playing game.

that glance page was the worst idea ever... a complete waste and totally confusing. why do you need it when you have a more appealing visual page with the leaderheads and mouseovers - you simply click on a leaderhead and see how everyone else feels about him. the glance page was like looking at a spreadsheet or something.

that glance page was the worst idea ever... a complete waste and totally confusing. why do you need it when you have a more appealing visual page with the leaderheads and mouseovers - you simply click on a leaderhead and see how everyone else feels about him. the glance page was like looking at a spreadsheet or something.
I like spreadsheets! Lots of info with a very organized presentation. The page made it easy to figure out whether you were likely to win a UN election, or who you could bring in as a war ally, or any of the other things that makes the diplomatic aspect of the game interesting.

Wow, they took it out really? Haven't installed it, but I the glance tab, no matter how ugly, is horribly important when you are in a close competition for AP or UN lead.

There has to be a 'real' explanation for them taking it out, but why did they go out of there way to make sure to add 'ugly' in the changelog?

Something tells me you were in the focus group that led to this "fix" in the first place :lol:. You really like doing 9082347 clicks and mouseovers to get the same information? Has society really gone downhill to the point that a handful of numbers are THAT scary? And you don't consider the domestic advisor to be a "spreadsheet" too? Sheesh.

If they removed the glance tab for aesthetic reasons, they should remove the active trades tab too. It's now the ugliest tab and provides a ton of useful information on one screen. If people want that info, they can click on each leaderhead and ask for the active trades.

The next tab to go should be the city summary option. As useful as it is, all those lines and columns are ugly and confusing. It can be replaced with a screen of big, pretty pictures of each city. Like a detailed cityview of all your cities on a single screen. If the player wants to see which city is producing the most, they can click on each pretty picture which would open up the city and they can count hammers that way.

The next useful screen to go should be. . .

The point is though, even if YOU don't use it, many people do. Leaving it in isn't hurting the people that DON'T use it. Taking it out IS hurting the people that do use it.

Can someone explain to me what all the squiggles are in this screenshot? I asked my friend and he said they were something called "numbers" but he didn't know what they meant either. Can Firaxis please make this all less confusing in the next patch?

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 284
I think part of the 'ugly' bit was the way Firaxis implemented it. It looks far better in the HOF mod.

Thanks! We're currently updating the HOF Mod for the new patch, but I'm unsure if the Glance screen will be brought back just yet. We'll have to see.

BTW, why would you not want to use the HOF Mod! :eek: :D

My secret sources within the Firaxis citadel have leaked me the 3.19 release notes. Here are a few highlights:

- Removed Victoria because she is ugly.
- Added ability to access webcam.
- Removed Charlemagne because he is ugly.
- Added Facial feature recognition routines.
- Removed Darius because he is ugly.
- Removed Suryavarman II because he is ugly.
- Remove player if he/she is ugly.

:mischief:

Zienth

My secret sources within the Firaxis citadel have leaked me the 3.19 release notes. Here are a few highlights:

- Removed Victoria because she is ugly.
- Added ability to access webcam.
- Removed Charlemagne because he is ugly.
- Added Facial feature recognition routines.
- Removed Darius because he is ugly.
- Removed Suryavarman II because he is ugly.
- Remove player if he/she is ugly.

:mischief:

Zienth

I'm already seeing it....

CivIV runtime error: the facial recognition utility determined that you don't have the antropometrical minimum standarts to be able to play CivIV. Please try again in a few years or after plastic surgery.

This aplication will be closed

BTW, thanks Bhruic :goodjob: Have my glance screen again :woohoo:

Something tells me you were in the focus group that led to this "fix" in the first place :lol:. You really like doing 9082347 clicks and mouseovers to get the same information? Has society really gone downhill to the point that a handful of numbers are THAT scary? And you don't consider the domestic advisor to be a "spreadsheet" too? Sheesh.

well all I can say is they took it out, so the powers that be agree with me. Maybe I was involved in some secret meetings or beta testing, who knows. I would have to kill you if I told you. :) actually I would never admit to being involved with Firaxis beta testing because that would mean I'm an idiot.

the foreign relations glance screen was redundant, plain and simple. that alone is enough reason to ditch it. clicking on a leaderhead is not difficult. a screen that tells me Boudica is -6 with me means nothing, it's just a number. the other screen gives you a better visual understanding to quickly see who is friendly, cautious, etc. the hidden math underneath all these relations can be viewed just by mousing over the leaderheads on that same screen.

spreadsheets are fine when I'm at work... not when I'm at play.

Moderator Action: Warned! - Flaming the betatesters, especially when they can't defend themselves due to the NDA.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Top Bottom