Briton Kluddargos

Aranor

Emperor

Well now here is a different affair to my Hellenistic units. Here we have the Kluddargos, a Classical two handed-longsword master who belonged to the Britons. I use him as the UU for my Casse EBCIV. He is a refined version of my original work, infact the base model is the same I just added a new sword and the shoulder pads and re-skinned the entire unit.

Historically, two-handed longswordsmen were rare but fearsome champions, generally open only to the most wealthy of southern 'Gallic' British tribes who could afford to import the chain, and craft longswords. However, these longswords were made specially with more weight in the final portion of the blade to ensure it would have the ability to crack into armor. They were likely introduced originally as a method of killing other champions, or enemy chieftains, who would be well armored. However, their weapons possibly could be employed akin to the Goidilic and continental equivalents, as wide swinging weapons intended to cut down multiple, lighter armored targets at once, but such wide swings would be awkward due to the weight of the furthest portion of the weapon. Two-handed longswords were not unusual altogether for Celtic peoples, though rare outside of a few regions, particularly the eastern Celtic kingdoms and tribes, such as Lugians, and among the Goidils, but they would likely also be found with Gauls, Belgae, and other Celtic cultures as the weapon of choice for some champions or ceremonial pieces.

Download

Good Unit. The animation look a bit, like he's going to hurt himself when handling th sword. But i think it's just the extreme close up - shouldn't be a problem in game.

The beavers in the screenshot look hilareous. You should concider making tham part of the unit :p

Good Unit. The animation look a bit, like he's going to hurt himself when handling th sword. But i think it's just the extreme close up - shouldn't be a problem in game.

The beavers in the screenshot look hilareous. You should concider making tham part of the unit :p

Yeah your right of course. It is the axeman animation, when he hold the axe he spreads his hands wide. But with the blade it does look wrong, the only problem is that it is the best animation to fit the unit.

Yea I like the beavers in there too. One actually look like he is humping his leg!:lol:

With leaderheads you can "remix" animation sometimes.
I just assume same is true for units... Perhaps using Axeman anims for combat and - say - Swordsmen idle (he unly uses one hand when idle) would get rid of him grabing the blade...

Nice unit ! one of your best!

I just assume same is true for units... Perhaps using Axeman anims for combat and - say - Swordsmen idle (he unly uses one hand when idle) would get rid of him grabing the blade...

Good Idea, but Axeman anim have to be compatible with swordsman anim for this.

Thats a good idea. If nothing else it might require use of the .kfm converter. I do agree with Roland though in that I think the unit needs to be compatible with the Swordsman's animations first. This is something I will have to research more into.:goodjob:

@Keldath & The_Coyote

Thanks guys! :goodjob:

You are right - some micht looks weird, if the movement is completely out of sync.

You dont really need the KFM converter for this (i dont trust the thing) let's say we just take - for example - swordsman_idle.kf put it in the folder of you unit and rename to axemen_idle.kf

I'm working on a new unit right now, but when I finish I will give it a shot;) I seem to remember someone doing alist of what units were compatible with what animations, but I cannot remember who or in what thread.

Top Bottom