[BtS] Amra's Modpack v3 for Beyond the Sword

The Basic scenarios probably don't work because Amra Advanced allows up to 34 civs in a game. I think I have read somewhare on these forums that that can cause a problem with existing scenarios & maps. Also, just so you know, I will probably be uploading a new version of Amra Basic in the next few days that will include some fixes and 3 new leaders that were added to Amra Advanced.

Well, that's both good news & bad news, I guess; I kind of was under the impression that the Advanced version was going to replace the Basic version... This way I'll be updating the scenarios (& map, if necessary) to the advanced Basic version plus doing new versions for the advanced Advanced version...:crazyeye: (Anyway, first I'll await the update/fixes you just mentioned.);)

Which reminds me: will you be adding your own maps eventually?

Hi!

I love your advanced mod Amra, really good work. Unfortunately I cant play this great mod because of CTD. I can play a game for 50-100 turns or so when the CTD occur, I cant even get to AD!

I played several games on perfectmap.py/standard and small size/18-20 civs/revolution, barbarian,dynamics on and off...well ive tried alot and I still get those crashes!

I think your mod is the best out there and I really want to play it, please help!
Thank you, although I would hold off judgement on that if you can't get the CTDs fixed. ;)

Can you tell me something about what system you are using to run the mod? Do you have WinXP or Vista? How much memory (RAM) do you have? What kind of a video card? If you have Vista, look back about 30 or so posts, maybe a little more, and someone else had a problem with Vista & crashing early in the game. I believe there was a resolution to it, maybe it will help.

JEELEN said:
will you be adding your own maps eventually?
Right now I don't have any plans to do so. I keep thinking it would be fun to try my hand at a Hyborian Age scenario but realistically, I just don't have the time. :crazyeye:

@MinonBer
I tracked down the problem with Archer Bombarding and it was a conflict between DCM & the Route Pillaging mod. I'm working on fixing that but may end up leaving the Route Pillaging out if I can't figure it out. If I don't post a patch tonight, I'll do my best to post something tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's patience.

hi, your modpack is loving ^^

just wondering are there any civ with the so called overly synced ind/phi.. after playing civ so long.. sometimes it feels tempting to have traits that u nv tried before.. if there isn't, is there any modpack out there that has? i only want new civs to try out and not heavily modded packs..

I didn't got time to check out the whether it contains some traits sync not featured in bts too, i.e ch/cr pr/or traits.. it would be great for someone who has played this mod quite alot to help me.. :)

Just look through the Civilopedia Konaha, all the leaders, and their traits, are listed.

Also, this mod contains 2 new leader traits for you to mess with, Nomadic and Seafaring.

The trebuchet can´t bombard cities anymore
I believe that is connected to the Archer Bombard problem that stems from a conflict between Dales Combat Mod & The Route Pillaging mod.

I think I have tracked it down to a simple xml ordering problem in the Mission Infos file. Can you or someone else try out the attached file and let me know?

The zip contains only one file. Just extract it and put it in your Amra Advanced\Assets\XML\Units\ folder.

I'm on my way to work right now and if it works okay then I will post an actual patch containing it, the No IDW dll, and some play balancing changes tonight. If it doesn't work, then I may need to totally remove the Route Pillaging mod.

Thanks. :goodjob:

[EDIT] Attachment removed. It is included in Patch 3.11 which can be found in the first post

Can you tell me something about what system you are using to run the mod? Do you have WinXP or Vista? How much memory (RAM) do you have? What kind of a video card? If you have Vista, look back about 30 or so posts, maybe a little more, and someone else had a problem with Vista & crashing early in the game. I believe there was a resolution to it, maybe it will help.

I have a Core2Duo with 2gb and a geforce7950x2 (1024mb) graphics and Vista.

Ive read somewhere that revolution 1.52 with custom games causes problems. When I think about it ive played rev.1.42 with different mods without any problems. Now I have crashes with rev.1.52 on your mod and on beginning.16 mod. When I reload the savegame it crashes on the next turn, always on the next turn, the same goes for all the different savegames with yours and beginning mod.

Ive played Civfusion now for a while which uses rev.1.42 and there are no crashes!

I just registered to say, thanks for making such a wonderful mod and I'm having a really fun experience with it. :)

Btw sorry if it's been asked before, but is there any chance that you might include a Earth map scenario (with civs starting at their proper places) in your future releases? Thanks.

I just registered to say, thanks for making such a wonderful mod and I'm having a really fun experience with it. :)

Welcome to CFC!:thumbsup:

Btw sorry if it's been asked before, but is there any chance that you might include a Earth map scenario (with civs starting at their proper places) in your future releases? Thanks.

Apparently not (just asked the same thing), but as soon as I've got the time I'll see what I can do about it, as I like Amra a lot too. (But if someone beats me to it, that'll be fine as well.);)

I have download the advanced mod. Do you need the basic one to start?

I extractde to tyhe mod folder in BTS. I am uptodate. When I try to reinstall the mod it says it is already loaded?

I have looked in the mod folder and I can not see the mod folder, nor do I get the opition to play the mod when i load the game.

Did I miss something?

Thanks

I have download the advanced mod. Do you need the basic one to start?

I extractde to tyhe mod folder in BTS. I am uptodate. When I try to reinstall the mod it says it is already loaded?

I have looked in the mod folder and I can not see the mod folder, nor do I get the opition to play the mod when i load the game.

Did I miss something?

Thanks
You only need one version. Depending on whether you want just the new civs and leaders (Basic version) or the new Civs, leaders, AND extra gameplay changes (Advanced version).

After you extract the download to your BTS\Mods folder you can start up Beyond the Sword and then click on "Advanced" and then "Load a Mod". You should now see a list of all mods installed including mine. Select it and Civ4 should tell you it needs to restart the game.

If my modpack was installed properly, then you will see a brand new main screen (with new music) when Civ4 restarts.

Good evening everyone.

Just a quick note to say that I've updated Amra Basic to version 3.10 for those who still want just the new civs. Unfortunately, a fresh download and install is required due to some major reworking of the Leaderhead art. On the bright side, though, it is a smaller download than it was originally even though I added 3 new leaders.

Here's the link and the change log.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8801
Spoiler AMRA BASIC v3.10 CHANGES :

** Amra Basic v3.10 (Beyond the Sword v3.13) **
** THIS VERSION IS NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE WITH PRIOR VERSIONS **
- Used reworked LH art and interface buttons from Amra Advanced (approx 125MB smaller)
- Fixed Trade Base error in BUG xml as found by EmperorFool
- Fixed Narbona First Contact dialogue and Sweden city text error (Thanks Rebakan)
- Fixed Cardenas missing first contact dialogue (Thanks Kalimakhus)
- Fixed BUG Mod GPUtil python exception when spawning a Great General (credit Kalimakhus for fix)
- Added Lenin LH by Refar (new music by Common Sensei)
- Added Adenauer LH by Refar
- Added Selassie LH by bernie14
- Updated Bhruic's Unofficial Patch to version 1.21
- Renamed modpack and folder to "Amra Basic" to be more consistant with my "Amra Advanced" version

I also have posted Patch 3.11 for Amra Advanced. Please be aware that it is NOT savegame compatible with version 3.10

Here is the link and changelog.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8902
Spoiler AMRA ADVANCED PATCH 3.11 CHANGES :

List of changes
** Amra Advanced v3.11 (Beyond the Sword v3.13) **
** THIS PATCH IS NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE **

- Fixed Revolution mod initialization popup error regarding Start as Minors component
- Fixed DCM Bombard conflict with Route Pillaging in MissionInfos XML
- Fixed DCM Battle Effects SDK coding error in CvGlobals.cpp and recompiled DLL
- Compiled and included alternate DLL without Influence Driven Warfare (IDW) component
- Tweaked a few play balancing items (thanks Alkyon for suggestions)
- Added/converted varous premade maps to work with Amra Advanced (with random civs and resources)
- Added Rhye's Earth map converted for Revolution Mod by jdog5000 (tweaked to work with Amra Advanced)

From the Amra Advanced Patch changelog:

- Added/converted varous premade maps to work with Amra Advanced (with random civs and resources)
- Added Rhye's Earth map converted for Revolution Mod by jdog5000 (tweaked to work with Amra Advanced)

@JEELEN
Well, there were enough questions about maps that I thought I should spend a few hours last night converting some of the Firaxis ones as well as include the Rhye's Earth map that jdog had already converted over for Revolution.

To anyone using the new maps, please bear in mind that they are with random civs and random resources. I didn't have enough time to individually place the 12 new resources as well as the various new civs. Only the Rhye's Revolution map/scenario has preset civs AND the Revolution mod components turned on.

After you extract the download to your BTS\Mods folder you can start up Beyond the Sword and then click on "Advanced" and then "Load a Mod". You should now see a list of all mods installed including mine. Select it and Civ4 should tell you it needs to restart the game

I will relook at it when I get home. But I have done that already. When I look in to the mod folder there is no Amra advanced folder. When I click on the game and play all the other mods come up but yours is not on the list.

But let e=me relook at stuff and and re-extract the download again in to the mod folder. Each time I do it asks me to replace the version that is already in there. But I will relook tonight and let you know.

Thanks for your reply.

question- i noticed that the Charrenae , the mexican unique building, well it doesnt say mexican unique building under the buldings description in the WB, also i think it isnt registering as it? how can i fix that?

question- i noticed that the Charrenae , the mexican unique building, well it doesnt say mexican unique building under the buldings description in the WB, also i think it isnt registering as it? how can i fix that?
Well, actually, that's a bug in my mod that you just discovered. If anyone's been having crashes involving Mexico in their game, this may have been why. Oops. :mischief:

To fix it, download the appropriate file below (Basic or Advanced), extract it and put the "CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml" file in your [AMRA ADVANCED or AMRA BASIC]\Assets\XML\Civilizations\ folder.

Sorry about that.

Attachments

• CIV4CivilizationInfos_Advanced.rar
    29.5 KB · Views: 910
  • CIV4CivilizationInfos_Basic.rar
    29 KB · Views: 229
OK.:mischief:

BTW, did a little checkup and 1000 BC for Amra, 600 BC for Amra, 1066 AD for Amra and the Amra 18 civs BTS map are still compatible with Amra Basic. (For Amra Advanced I'll be making new versions.);)

Top Bottom