[BtS] CivFusion

playing with 0.52,

mod crashes when I've researched Evangelism and select a religion (any religion). Instant crash to desktop, no error messages.

Hi zulu9812,

Check out post #2, there's a note there that the mod doesn't play well with the choose your own religion option at this time. I recommend playing with this option unchecked. Hopefully this will be fixed for a future version.

Cheers,
ripple01

Hello All, is anyone having problems creating more than 3 corporate executives in any one area? I assumed that 3 was the maximum as that is what shows up in the 'pedia for World Maximum, but now have a quest stating I should spread one corporation to 11 cities!

Justin

Hi Rip

Thanks for that! It's a great mod!

J
Hi Jak1970,

This bug has been noted and fixed for the next patch which will hopefully be released soon.

Thanks for playing, and keep your eyes peeled for the patch. :)

Cheers,
ripple01

I've finalized the changelist for patch 0.55. This is the final list and I expect it to be released within the week. I want to tweak the gamespeeds a bit more and do final testing.

I'm pretty pleased with this patch. The fixes included make the game much more playable and fix some annoying things (missing corporation icons) and gamebreakers (only 3 executives able to be built for entire game). There's also a fair amount of new content added as well.

Added Charles V LH and button by CRoland
Added Dido button by CRoland
Added Iroquois Horse Archer, Man-at-Arms, Longbowman, Pikeman, Knight, Rifleman, Cavalry and Cuirassier by bernie14
Added German Spearman and Celtic Spearman by Chugginator
Added Austrian Rifleman by unknown
Added music for Pericles (Complete), Suleiman (Middle), Canute (Early, Middle), Boudica (Middle)
Added many tech, building, and wonder civilopedia entries
Added new tech, Transistors, and moved Electronics back slightly, few other surrounding techs adjusted
Added tech quotes for Advanced Computing, Mechanized Warfare, and Military Tradition
Added wonder movie for Forbidden Palace by GIR
Adjusted resource appearance rates and attributes for new resources
Adjusted stats for Adam Smith and World Trade Center wonders
Changed Israeli Empire to Hebrew Empire
Fixed ArtDefine for Sioux Musketman
Fixed Dido pedia text and Quantum Mechanics tech quote
Fixed bug where only 3 executives were able to be built for an entire game
Fixed missing corporation icons
Increased number of active executives per player to 5
Revamped the gamespeeds -
Changed start date back to 4000 BC
Marathon speed is unchanged
CivFusion speed is now 880 turns and the replacement for the Epic speed
Normal speed is now 600 turns
Quick speed is now 380 turns

The next release will be 0.60 and only a full download will be provided. 0.60 WILL include a World Map, something I've been promising for a while but have consistently pushed off. There has been a significant amount of new content added since 0.50 and I want to clean up the mod by removing some duplicate art, editing some of the music for length and bitrate, and just do some general housecleaning. I want to keep the size of the 0.60 release as small as possible within ordinary means. I'm formulating some preliminary ideas for 0.60 but I want to concentrate on getting 0.55 out the door first. :)

ripple01

Thanks for all your hard work in getting V0.55 out but to be honest it's the world map I was waiting for. Do you have any ETA for 0.60 release? Is there any way a map could be released seperately prior to 0.60? Even with bugs and glitches I really enjoy playing your mod but hate random maps. Sorry if I sound ungrateful or unappreciative.

Hello Ripple, very awesome mod. But do you plan to add soon different mod comps to enchance it?
I'd love to see dynamic civ names (depending on religion and type of reign, like the comp of the Rhye's mod).
Also it would be great to have an option to choose which religions/corps will be avaliable in game.

Thank you!

Hey ripple01
I like your mod. It is quite innovative. I am glad that you are going to include Revolution and BUG in your next release. If you don't mind I would suggest that you look up Dale's combat mod it really adds to gameplay. One other modcomp I find particularly fun is influence driven war.

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Hi Kalimakhus,

I'd love to integrate both Dale's Combat Mod and the influence driven war. My SDK skills are almost non-existant, so it remains to be seen if they are adequate enough to integrate other mods. TIme will tell... :)

I'll use this opportunity to renew my call for a dedicated coder for this mod. If anyone wants to help out, let me know...

Cheers,
ripple01

Good news: I successfully completed my first SDK merge and compile. My .DLL (which started as the Revolution .DLL) now has Influence Driven War successfully implemented. ;) So 0.60 will feature this modcomp for sure.

Dale is releasing a new version of his Combat Mod very shortly and that will be next on my list to integrate. 0.60 is shaping up quite nicely so far!

Cheers,
ripple01

These are good news indeed!! I think you will find out that SDK merging is actually easier than missing up with XML and python stuff. At least this is how I feel myself. Keep up the good work.

P.S. remember to add your own comments to the code you merge in. It is easier to search for a single comment phrase rather than searching for each author's comment. Also if you will merge many SDK components there will come time when you won't be able to remember exactly what goes where. A search through files will be a life saver in such case.

Good luck and happy modding.

More good news: I succesfully updated my custom .DLL last night with Dale's Combat Mod 1.3 and so far it seems to be working great! I haven't added in Dale's Python or all of the XML yet, but the .DLL compiles and the game loads so I think the rest is a matter of pro forma.

Cheers,
ripple01

Has anyone won a cultural victory with this Mod. I have 3 cities with >50000 (and even went to >60000) points and still no victory.

On another note, I love this mod. I've played a couple of other mods and this one is by far the best. The technology tree is larger than BTS but not too overwelling. Also the units and building/wonders are great and lots of them.

Oh this bring me to another issue I had. Sometimes I'm not able to assign a great prophet to a city. If you like, I can attach a game where this has occured.

Looking forward to any new releases. The only changes I've made was add "Munch's Alternate traits v2". I'm also trying to alter the civic so that one can optain an economic civic earlier than one with Banking.
All in all great work, keep it up

bewchuck, Brave Jay:

Thanks much for the positive feedback. I'm really glad you both are enjoying the mod.

bewchuk, please PM me with a saved game for that great prophet issue. Seems odd...

I want to revamp the traits at some point and add Aussie's Ulitmate Civics mod when he releases the BtS version.

Cheers,
ripple01

Top Bottom