[BtS] Destiny Mod

I did a lot of work on it, I would say it's in Beta/Bugtesting phase at the moment. No ETA on a release but should be *soon*.

Keep up the encouragement to help motivate! :D

Just gotta say, this is the only way I play Civ4 now. And it actually works really well when I play with my friends (LAN doesn't work too well, we usually can't see the games, but Direct IP works flawlessly). We are loving this mod :crazyeye:

as there havent been any postings since a long time in here. how is it going, smeagolheart, are you still alive? :) how is development going?

A great mod. I think Smeagolheart, Snafusmith is producing a lot of units that might be of interest at the moment if you want to diversify the modern part of the tech tree. Humvee Avenger has been produced, so has SA-8 Gecko and a whole host of other units. That is if Smeagolheart is still developing this mod...

Is it possible to add Custom/Modular Civs which already exist to this Mod by myself ?
Or does the Mod structure not allow this ?

@smeagolheart

Greetings,
I've been playing your Destiny mod for a while, a vesion 3.17 if I rememeber correctly. I noticed your update and interesting new stuff yesterday, and decide to upgrade to final version. While installation itself was perfectly fine, I cannot play the game because it crashes/ stop working few seconds after i start it. I'm using win7 ultimate, have a more than decent machine, I changed all "log" commands as you recommanded and I'm starting the game as administrator. Still, I cannot run the game for some mysterious reason.

Any ideas? Anyone with similar problem?

Here is a full note which appears after the game crashes, under "view details":

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.3.1
Application Timestamp: 48310000
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c9013a8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00073e70
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1050
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: 096e
Additional Information 4: 096e1bd0f1dc1c0a0e6c1d8ecc5c1361

you need to run the mod with the current version of BTS, 3.19.

OMG, how did I missed that? :crazyeye:

Many thanks, it's working now just fine. :)

Ok, I have another question. Is it normal to meet other civs, having no conversation option at all? Like this:

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb421/dmalleus/Civ4ScreenShot0002.jpg
no, not normal.

do you have any other mods in your customassets folder that could interfere with destiny?

and did you uninstall the old destiny mod before installing the new one?

missing text is usually a problem of a different language setting, but obviously you are using english ... duh.

@Blair

Yes, I also eventually came to conclusion: uninstall and reinstall destiny mod. Now it works fine. Thx again!

Oh yes, just one more thing: is it possible to slightly change some properties of the unit without messing up with bunch of files? (Ahh, where is the time when I just opened txt file "rules" in civ 2 or 3...) For example, I would like to reduce pikemen (of the Holy Roman Empire) bonus vs melee units to 75% or 50%. It's simply too powerful imho, no other special unit gets such a huge bonus.

Ok, surprises seems to never end... :crazyeye:

When I found my first religion, I actually found two of them - a random one and a chosen one, which appears immediately afer the random one. I have "choose religions" button ON, and I tried this with discovery of Ceremonial Burial and Masonry - both of them will give me two religions instead of one.

Is this suppose to happen, or is it a bug? Anyone? :)

@Blair

Yes, I also eventually came to conclusion: uninstall and reinstall destiny mod. Now it works fine. Thx again!

Oh yes, just one more thing: is it possible to slightly change some properties of the unit without messing up with bunch of files? (Ahh, where is the time when I just opened txt file "rules" in civ 2 or 3...) For example, I would like to reduce pikemen (of the Holy Roman Empire) bonus vs melee units to 75% or 50%. It's simply too powerful imho, no other special unit gets such a huge bonus.

well, if you just want to change that unit, you have to edit just one file.
in your mod directory (!), search for \Assets\XML\Units
open CIV4UnitInfos.xml with your editor
search for "landsknecht" (case insensitive)
scroll until
<UnitCombatMod>
<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombatType>
<iUnitCombatMod>100</iUnitCombatMod>
</UnitCombatMod>
insert 75, or 50. whatever you want :)

Ok, surprises seems to never end... :crazyeye:

When I found my first religion, I actually found two of them - a random one and a chosen one, which appears immediately afer the random one. I have "choose religions" button ON, and I tried this with discovery of Ceremonial Burial and Masonry - both of them will give me two religions instead of one.

Is this suppose to happen, or is it a bug? Anyone? :)

i cant help you there. i always play the normal way with assigned default religions.
but masonry shouldnt even give you a religion either way, huh?

well, if you just want to change that unit, you have to edit just one file.
in your mod directory (!), search for \Assets\XML\Units
open CIV4UnitInfos.xml with your editor
search for "landsknecht" (case insensitive)
scroll until
<UnitCombatMod>
<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombatType>
<iUnitCombatMod>100</iUnitCombatMod>
</UnitCombatMod>
insert 75, or 50. whatever you want :)
Okay, I'll do that, thanx! :)

i cant help you there. i always play the normal way with assigned default religions.
but masonry shouldnt even give you a religion either way, huh?
Well, I will try to start with default religions, and see what will happen then. And yes, it's "Monotheism" not "Masonry", my mistake.

Okay weird question here,

How can I take out "cultural unit skins".

I want everyone to have the same looking units, otherwise I have trouble recognising them.

Is that doable? Thanks

Hey, can this mod run on BlueMarbleTerrain?

I have both BlueMarble and Destiny, but Destiny uses the old terrain graphics which look kinda ugly, but the mountains look different (and a bit uglier), so I can I enable this mod to run BlueMarble?

Hi all
I have this amazing mod but have a huge problem which kills me!!!
The inquisitors are creatable but are useless. They can't remove non state religion.:mad:
Is it a bug?any ideas how to fix it?
Thank you

Hi all
I have this amazing mod but have a huge problem which kills me!!!
The inquisitors are creatable but are useless. They can't remove non state religion.:mad:
Is it a bug?any ideas how to fix it?
Thank you

From the Quot Capita thread:

Hi all
I don't know why but my quot capita has inquisitors but they can't remove any religions. i can build them but they are useless!!!!
Any clues on how to fix it please!!!!!

Did you really mean to ask the same question in both threads, in a few minutes of one another? If not, which one did you mean to keep?

Top Bottom