• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Hungary mod for Varietas Delectat

Finished! :crazyeye:

Hope I'm not blaspheming here or anything, but could anyone with more knowledge than me say if any of the units herein could semi-convincingly be used for an Austrian civilization? I know they were a unified country at one point and are located closely geographically.

Cheers,
ripple01

Hope I'm not blaspheming here or anything, but could anyone with more knowledge than me say if any of the units herein could semi-convincingly be used for an Austrian civilization? I know they were a unified country at one point and are located closely geographically.
Ahhh! Put this heretic onto the stake! Burn him! No, just kidding... ;)

I guess you could use the renaissance units with some restrictions. If you would change the colour of the uniforms you could use the rifleman, the canon and the grenadier for austria, too, I'd say. The jackets of the Ösis / Ötzis (just kidding ;), I like you Austrians) were white, don't know about the trousers. At least avains brown jacket with blue trousers version would be highly inaccurate as those where the traditional uniforms of the hungarian (thus anti-austrian) revolutionists of 1848/49. On the other side there already may be such white units... If there are, chances are good that you could reuse those uniform textures for avains units, if you like his units better. Lots of rifleman units use a slightly altered rifleman texture. In this case the textures can be swapped. You could also use the hussar unit once made by bernie (if I remember correctly... that one was the first unit especially made for Hungary, I think) without any changes. Although Labanzen would be a better choice in my opinion, hungarian hussars were part of the austrian army. There are other games using them as austrian unique units as well. Also, you could use the Tegethoff (battleship, or maybe destroyer in avains mod?).
You may also reuse some of the medieval units, but I wouldn't. In the case that anyone would combine your Austria with Hungary, both would loose much of their uniqueness.

Hi,

we are making a mod about medieval Europe based upon the Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations mechanics. Naturally, Hungary is one of the major players, however, we do not have proper art and sound.

I tried downloading Stephen I's leaderhead from several locations and even though I could get most of the graphics, I don't have the XML that does with it. My attempts to generate the XML have failed.

The Hungarian mod did not install for me (I suppose it could be because I am using Linux as my operating system). In order to get the Hungarian units to speak Hungarian (or is it Magar) we need both .wav files and XML files.

Could you / Would you help us represent Hungary properly?

Here is a link to the Alpha version of our mod:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=295451

You can post any comments on the various tread in this sub forum:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=330

Thanks you,

the RFCEurope team

Hi,

we are making a mod about medieval Europe based upon the Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations mechanics. Naturally, Hungary is one of the major players, however, we do not have proper art and sound.

I tried downloading Stephen I's leaderhead from several locations and even though I could get most of the graphics, I don't have the XML that does with it. My attempts to generate the XML have failed.

The Hungarian mod did not install for me (I suppose it could be because I am using Linux as my operating system). In order to get the Hungarian units to speak Hungarian (or is it Magar) we need both .wav files and XML files.

Could you / Would you help us represent Hungary properly?

Here is a link to the Alpha version of our mod:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=295451

You can post any comments on the various tread in this sub forum:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=330

Thanks you,

the RFCEurope team

Sure, I'll get back to you

You could try your luck with this one: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=143879. It contains Stephen I. (also Arpad and Corvinus if you care) and hungarian (=magyar) unit sounds (which are in mp3 format as wave would increase the size of the mod without making any sense) and of course all necessary xml. Currently Bakuels unit graphics aren't part of it. You could either load them separately or wait some weeks for the next version of the other mod. Do not forget to apply the leaderhead patch (should affect Stephen I aka Szent Istvan, too). If you want me to I can send you the latest and for the moment finished version of him separately (could be that I made further changes to him since the leaderhead patch). You should also know that I requested something from MethylOrange for Stephen I. - I want to keep it secret for the moment, should be a surprise, but you may get an idea if you are familiar with that leaders backround; let's say it is about an additional part. I don't know if this ever gets finished as Methyl didn't post anything since a while. On the other side he told me he has about 50% of the request finished when I spoke to him last time. So it may be worth you watch the scene.

I got Stephen's leaderhead now. Two questions:

1. What is the right spelling? I have seen it as Istvan quite often. If this is how it is pronounced in Hungary, then this is how we will put it in the game.

2. What about units speaking Magyar? I could not find sound files for the units.

1. István is the hungarian version of Stephen.
2. Magyar(ul) is the same as hungarian. Magyarul means "hungarian" in hungarian. If you meant you can't find the sound files inside the mods, well they are there. No matter which of the 2 mods you are using. In case of the mod I refered to the sounds are not inside the Modules folder. AFAIK sounds can't be modular in the modularization standard I am using. I guess it's the same for avains mod. And again, the sound files are saved as mp3, not wav.

@avain: the hungarian forum changed its policy. You can browse it without being registered now. So same as on civfanatics. The new URL is http://www.civilizacio.zump.co.cc. I would have wrote you a pm, but I was writing here anyways.

Sorry but I will need help with this one. Searches in the folder and found no *hunga* and *magyar* as well as *.mp3 resulted in no unit speech sound files. There is no sound .xml file either. The only thing that I could find was the theme and into songs for Stephen (I included those already). Are you sure there are unit speech file (i.e. at your command and yes sir type of thing). If so, could you just post the .mp3 or .wav files with appropriate .xml

Sent you a pm with everything you need.

No prob. ;)

I am very impressed with this mod, however I do have one question. Are there any Hungarian great people included in this mod? I ask for I'm I'm starting to see Great Generals appear without any names.

Do you actually play Civ4 with language switched to english? Maybe the name of the generals aren't given in a certain language only. I took a look at avains files. It doesn't seem like he added leaders, he only changed their art. I also took a look at the main module of VD and it seems like he didn't touch the leaders there either. Don't know if he overwrote something, but it appears to be unlikely as this shouldn't happen with modular mods. Do you use any other module or mod when encountering this problem?

Top Bottom