[BtS] Merged Mod

No, it's an XML issue, and I'm on it. I've got ranged bombardment working, and I know how to fix the airbombing. I'll be pretty busy over the weekend, so I'm not making any promises as to when I'll be done editing.

Sorry!

No big deal - I am away for the weekend myself so wont be pushing hehe
If I find anything else I iwll let you know but for now I think it is only the bombardment and missions.

P.S: You are god :king:

Thanks for the compliment. The real compliment is to Wolfshanze and Dale, though, but I sure appreciate it anyway.

Well, I've spent a little time at work fixing this. :) There's a temporary download location at [Link removed]. Just replace this file (CIV4UnitInfos.xml) with the same file in the merged mod\assets\xml\units folder. Ranged bombardment and all the airbombing missions should now be available. I haven't tested it, though, as I'm at work. ;)

I've also added back the code for Dale's nukebomber. It's supposed to be buildable at the same time as the normal bomber. It's a one use and out unit, it's basically based on the ICBM unit. I won't give any guarantees to this, though, because I can't remember if I left the proper graphics for it in the 0.1 beta release.

Oh, and this should work with your previous savegames, as it's pure xml changes. I will hopefully be able to release a new beta over the weekend, where I hope Wolf will have squashed the bug in his mod. I'm also curious about adding the revolutions component, or some variation of it to this mod.

Have fun! :)

Bad news!

If I replace the file with yours then the game crashes on start returning code about bad file and: bad class unit atomic - so I guess bomber causes the problem here...

I'm having a HECK of a time squashing this bug... well, it's EASY to squash if I just remove units, but I don't want to lose good models.

Specifically, I have found these models to be culprits:

German:
Dreadnought (Helgoland by Snafu)
Pre-Dreadnought (Brandenburg by Matt)
Submarine (Type VIIC by Matt)

English:
Pre-Dreadnought (Canopus by Matt)

If the above models are removed from the mod (XML removal is enough), then the problems terminate and are solved.

Of course, I don't want that to be the end solution... I'm still working, but you might want to double-check your mod... go into World Builder with Germany, check civilopedia and see if all looks okay... then add all Industrial techs and check the civilopedia again.

Okay... Mamba just pointed-out something I had missed and/or couldn't see... I had an error in my UnitArtStyles XML which kept getting duplicated for a few entries, so not a problem with models at all.

The problem is now SOLVED (at least on my end). I'll upload a fixed version later today.

Anyways, I'm sure my error carried over to your mod, so be sure to get the newer version when I upload it later today.

Thanks for the heads-up! I just looked through the file, and I see what's wrong. I've done the edits myself now. :)

0.2 released!

New in 0.2:

-Ranged bombardment now works, for both siege and naval units.
-All airbomb missions from DCM works.
-Fighter engage missions also works.
-The Enola Gay has been added back in. It is available with Fission and Air Superiority.
-The bugs relating to specific models from Wolfshanze's mod have been fixed.
-Archery bombardment has been made less effective (I hope).
-Horse Archers (Horsemen) cannot bombard (intended).

Ninja2 once again you are a god!
Tested everything in WB and everything seems to be working fine: bombing runs/enola gay/rangd bombardment and archer bombardemtn.
I will do a bit of "extensive" testing while on the plane tommorow :crazyeye:

And Wolfshanze just updated again (looks like just a minor change from Holy Rome to Austria- but changing CivInfo alone causes crash)

Sorry, but I'm on a role... I have a couple more changes planned for Austria coming soon.

Hopefully, everyone is having fun using this compilation! If no bugs turn up :please:, I plan to expand this mod a little further.

For the next release, I will look into compiling a new CVGameCore.dll to include all of Bhruics Unofficial Patch changes. I will also edit the range/accuracy values as per Wolfshanzes suggestions.

Did notice another issue with archer bombardment, but might be a DCM issue.

Archers can attack ships.

Yeah, I think that's intentional. I personally don't care much for the whole archery bombardment, but I know some players requested that Dale put the code in. I prefer to switch it off.

Didnt have much time to play on the weekend but I did a bit of testing while on the plane and everything seems working fine this time so congratulations on fixing the bugs ;-)
:goodjob:

Cant wait for further expansions to the mod !:eek:

Yeah, I think that's intentional. I personally don't care much for the whole archery bombardment, but I know some players requested that Dale put the code in. I prefer to switch it off.

Wasn't so much the archer bombarding, but the archers almost killing a Privateer that annoyed me. A Catapult- ok, I can buy that a bit, but not a bunch of arrows taking out a warship.

Well balancing is not easy but I would not call that a major issue as archers are gone by the time most nations expand their fleets. One thing possible to do to solve the problem would be to add a severe negative modifier for archers bombarding naval units?

Wasn't so much the archer bombarding, but the archers almost killing a Privateer that annoyed me. A Catapult- ok, I can buy that a bit, but not a bunch of arrows taking out a warship.

Was this with 0.1? Because in that version, the archery bombardment precision value was missing. I'm not sure how the game interprets this missing value, but I could imagine all sorts of weird results if damage is divided by precision, and the precision was read to be a zero. Maximum damage every time, perhaps? At any rate, the precision value IS there in 0.2.

By the way, I'm compiling a new dll as I type this!:)

Well balancing is not easy but I would not call that a major issue as archers are gone by the time most nations expand their fleets. One thing possible to do to solve the problem would be to add a severe negative modifier for archers bombarding naval units?

See, this is where I can't help. I simply have ZERO coding skills. I can merge stuff (and edit easy things), not create new stuff... :sad:

Top Bottom