[BtS] Merged Mod

Hehe, no way man! :) Don't have time to keep a website, and if I did --- it wouldn't be about ninjas! :D

One another note...0.3 is now released! Yes, and I'm quite proud. My first foray into compiling and stuff, which I really know nothing about. The excellent guides on this forum, as well as Dale's pertinent marking of his code has made this possible. So go ahead and check it out!

Hehe, no way man! :) Don't have time to keep a website, and if I did --- it wouldn't be about ninjas! :D
Actually, it's not ABOUT ninjas... it's just asking a ninja for his viewpoint on things.

One another note...0.3 is now released! Yes, and I'm quite proud. My first foray into compiling and stuff, which I really know nothing about. The excellent guides on this forum, as well as Dale's pertinent marking of his code has made this possible. So go ahead and check it out!
Sorry... I don't mark my code... even though I'm a wolf, I've been housebroken... marking is bad.

One issue I see right now- Austria is still Holy Rome.

Yes, I haven't updated to Wolfshanze's 2.63, so it's really a non-issue! :) Updating to 2.63 is not a priority at the moment, but eventually I'll get around to it.

QUESTION: Does the game work with the latest wolfshanze.fpk from 2.63? If not, I'd better make updating a higher priority...

I think there might be issues with stack attack and multiplayer, so be aware of using this option. You might want to check with Dale.

I used the latest version, thinking you updated to it. It works but no point in using 2.63.

I did notice something funny- some German units all had red octogons over them, blocking out their view.

I'll play Wolfshanze once and see if it's your mod or Wolf's that's the cause, thinking its yours though.

From the sound of things, you guys don't need old Wolf and his mod anymore...

Good work Ninja.

I used the latest version, thinking you updated to it. It works but no point in using 2.63.

I did notice something funny- some German units all had red octogons over them, blocking out their view.

I'll play Wolfshanze once and see if it's your mod or Wolf's that's the cause, thinking its yours though.

Yeah, I think that's my mod acting up. I guess I need to update my XML files, whenever Wolfshanze updates his.

From the sound of things, you guys don't need old Wolf and his mod anymore...

Good work Ninja.

On the contrary. See above! :) And my mod doesn't work at all without your mod, so no need to feel abandoned! ;)

This looks really good!
Can I just make a point that the Attitude Icons isn't from us at BUG. It was originally by Porges who made and coded it for vanilla, so credit should go to him.

Roger that, I've included his name in the original post. :)

Well unfortunately I didnt get to start multiplayer campaign yet (it will be tonight instead) but I have finished my first epic campaign with your mod and oh my oh my I have to say that having A bomb/bombing missions and ranged merged with Wolfshanze mod and his units might be a sole reason of me being single again in no time :sad:

One thing I have to mention which caused me to go :confused: is when my fleet of 3xheavy cruiser 2xdestroyer carrier and two liberty transports closed in on a coastal city and got fired upon due to opportunity fire, the problem is they got fired upon by longbowman who dealt stinging damage to my ships LOL
Everythign else is tip top - I will report on the multiplayer game when it is started ;-)

Turn off ARchery barrage and that problem goes away.

It's those annoying red dots that mess me up right now.

[...]
- can we disable/enable partisans before starting the campaign?
[...]
No, the partisans are not easily switched on or off. I wouldn't know how to do it, other than recreating this combination without the partisan component.

This is my first attempt at modding anything in CIV4. I'm not a programmer, but I'm just very good with handling complex data and using logic. ;) It's basically an exercise in identifying what parts to edit, what parts to keep and what parts to add.

To disable the Partisan Mod open the CvCustomEventManager.py file located in Merged Mods\Assets\Python dir.
Now search for the lines:
import CvPartisanEventManager and CvPartisanEventManager.CvPartisanEventManager(self)
and change them to:
#import CvPartisanEventManager and #CvPartisanEventManager.CvPartisanEventManager(self)

Thats all :) and its save game compatible.

It's those annoying red dots that mess me up right now.

What units have red dots? I know Wolfshanze has changed some units from 2.6 to 2.63, and I'm guessing it's those changes, as I haven't updated my XML files since 2.6. Wolfshanze is cooking something new (again :p ), so I'll probably wait for him to update, before I update again.

If you still have the 2.6, you can just moved the wolfshanze.fpk from that build into the assets folder. If you don't have that file anymore, you could try this one out, it's the 2.61, which might work better.

@GIR: Thanks for the tip! :)

A bunch of medieval German units had it. I didn't have time to do huge testing- but it was German units.

What it looks like is that there are some red octogons over the middle of the units, covering them up. Gameplay is unaffected, but it's an eyesore.

A bunch of medieval German units had it. I didn't have time to do huge testing- but it was German units.

What it looks like is that there are some red octogons over the middle of the units, covering them up. Gameplay is unaffected, but it's an eyesore.

Havent seen them on my german units based on Wolfshanze 2.6 so maybe they are just a new addition??? I will test tonight and see If I get them too

Was just on the Merged mod, not on Wolf's version. Tried back compating, will try later.

Top Bottom