[BtS MOD] Wolfshanze 1850-1920 Enhancement Mod v2.0

I have seen the future and it indeed has clones and cyborgs in store for us. Why not add them to the mod now that you know that?

I have seen the future and it indeed has clones and cyborgs in store for us. Why not add them to the mod now that you know that?

I dont know I though this mod was just supposed to be an Enhancement for the two world war eras, not some units from 2075 A.D

I'm all for taking this mod and adding something like a Neomodern era before the Futuristic one, but whatever you do, do NOT go the route of Next War. Next War was a great idea but as implemented very poorly.

If you do decide to do it, here are some things that could be implemented that are being developed or experimented with right now:

1) Metamaterials. Materials that capture and circumvent light, making them completely invisible, but also rendering them blind. Can still detect with and be detected by radar. Possibility for new land-based stealth units here.

2) Antimatter. Half a pound can create as much energy as a 50-ton nuclear bomb. It exists, but we have not yet created enough of it to be useful. That could change in the future.

3) Genetic Manipulation. In short, the ability to eliminate genetic diseases and crater superhumans, or conversely, develop new deadly bioweapons.

4) Cloning. We have cloned rabbits. We have cloned sheep. Humans could be next.

5) Bionics. Prosthetics are becoming more and more advanced, and can already behave like a normal limb. In the future, they could be stronger, faster, and just plain better then normal limbs.

Heck, I'm still trying to recover from the switch to supporting v3.17 of BtS... it fouled up a lot of little tiny things... I had v2.73 of the Wolf mod perfect, then v3.17 came around and messed with me!

Anyways, right now I'm ironing out a few bugs... I'll think about other stuff later!

I've recently installed the Wolfshanze Mod. I've unzipped it into my Mod folder and loaded it and started a new game. I'm into the 19th century but haven't noticed any difference to the normal game of BtS.
Also, I haven't seen any options to use the new civs/leaders.
Should I be able to see any of the new units in the Civiliopedia?

Can anyone give me any pointers?

:confused:

1) You're totally in the wrong forum... this should have been asked in the Wolfshanze Mod thread (see sig-line).

2) Sounds to me like you didn't do something right.
a] What version of BtS do you have? The current Wolfshanze Mod (v2.81) requires v3.17 of BtS to function correctly.
b] are you sure you loaded the Wolfshanze Mod before starting a new game? You need to go to "advanced" and "load a mod" then select the Wolfshanze Mod... when the game restarts, you should see "Wolfshanze" in the top-right corner of the main menu screen. When starting a game, you should see options for Austria, Poland and Vietnam, as well as the added leaders (like Hitler, Mussolini and Hirohito)... if you don't see any of this in the main menu, the mod isn't loaded properly.
c] when in-game, you should notice the difference almost immediately, as most/nearly-all ancient units on-up for each nation are graphically different then default BtS.

I'm on version 3.17
I'm sure the mods loaded because it does say Wolfshanze top right.

I'll try transfrering back into the mod folder from the zip file to see if anything changes

thaks Wolfshanze

Okay, just replaced file and everything seems fine-new leaders/civs/units all there.
Don't know what the problem was.
I did delete some old games from Bts saves folder before moving the file back across but I don't know if that made a difference.

p.s

The new Varangian Guard looks cool- better than the old berzerker who did seem to be in completely the wrong era.

Thanks again.
I'll look forward to starting a new game tomorow.

Important Bug Fix
This fix not currently in main Wolf-mod download!

This is a NEW gamecore, and currently not included in the main download of the Wolfshanze Mod (it will of-course be included in the next update). I am offering this as a separate download (and pointing it out) because it has some important changes and bug-fixes for the Wolfshanze Mod (and it's easy to swap-out). This new gamecore is also save-game compatible with the v2.8x series of the Wolfshanze Mod, so if you are currently in any v2.8x games, it is safe (and recommended) to update your gamecore now! This fixes a couple of important air-mission-related bugs (that I'm frankly surprised nobody complained about sooner... you must all finish your games before airpower!).

Anyways, enjoy the fix, and special thanks to Xenomorph for updating the gamecore!

New Wolfshanze Mod Gamecore for BtS v3.17 only:
This is a link to the Wolfshanze Mod custom DLL that includes Solver's v0.19 patch changes and other enhancements (see below). Note this is a NEWER gamecore then what is in the current v2.81 download and includes some important AI and animation fixes for the Wolfhanze Mod... all users of the Wolfshanze Mod are encouraged to download this patch and replace their existing gamecore in the Wolfshanze Mod "Assets" folder.

Wolfshanze Custom Gamecore DLL changes (BtS v3.17)... features in-bold are new to this release:
Full support for 40-civs in a single scenario
Solver's 0.19 Unofficial Patch Changes
Lt.Bob's Nuclear Fallout instead of desertification in Global Warming
Better AI 0.35 changes
Aerial Recon Missions can now be intercepted
Fixes for previously broken AI bomber missions and fighter intercept animations

This Download is 1.41MB

Okay, just replaced file and everything seems fine-new leaders/civs/units all there.
Glad you got it working Drix... as a side note, see the above post!

I updated to the latest version of this mod, to include the core.dll fix. After I load the mod and the map screen comes up, there is no interface. Never had this problem before. I have BTS upgraded to 3.17. Other than deleting the mod and installing it again, any ideas as to how to fix this. Wolfshanze, keep up the good work. I know this is probably a glitch on my end!:goodjob:

I updated to the latest version of this mod, to include the core.dll fix. After I load the mod and the map screen comes up, there is no interface. Never had this problem before. I have BTS upgraded to 3.17. Other than deleting the mod and installing it again, any ideas as to how to fix this. Wolfshanze, keep up the good work. I know this is probably a glitch on my end!:goodjob:
Might try deleting and reinstalling the Mod (I assume you have it zipped, so no need to redownload)... also try restoring the default Wolf-Mod download, running it first, then after ensuring it works, try patching with the latest gamecore fix... that might narrow down a problem if it's something other then your end.

Let me know either way... I'll be monitoring the board for awhile.

Also, I've been working on the mod (as usual) and I've reskined multiple WWI Dreadnoughts...

Before:

After:

Differences may be subtle, but I have reskined the Ottoman Moltke, Japanese Ise, Italian Cavour, Austrian Tegetthoff (and the previously reskined American South Carolina & German Helgoland) since the last time these ships all posed for a screen shot!

Does v2.81 include those new re-skins or are they in the next version? Great work.
I gotta have something for the next release... the newly skinned dreadnoughts will appear in v2.82... which due to the new gamecore will probably be released soon... I don't like having a broken gamecore in the main download, so when I update the download with the new gamecore, I'll be tossing-in what's on my HD as well. I currently have about 14 new models/skins for v2.82 in addition to the gamecore fix.

Ah, okay, I realize that now. Any chance of you correcting a problem with the current AH-64 Apache Reskins out there and adding the radar dome to turn them into AH-64D Apache Longbows. Only the US so far as I know really uses AH-64As. All the rest use the better Apache Longbows. Also I have been waiting for ages for a Humvee Avenger but it has never happened... A great idea for a wheeled vehicle to intercept aircraft. Should be faster than the default SAM but probably still need to set up in field. Probably should be weaker as well to compensate for increased movement speed...

Just want you to know I really love this mod. The detail is amazing and the extra civs and leaders are great.

Played multiplayer hotseat several times with my partner on the 36 civ world map as a team and we love it - though sometimes the graphics can be a problem even with a newish PC.

Wolf,

I made a few "adjustments" to some of the units in your mod V2.81---made some of them UU's. Will the updated DLL change any of that?

I'm in the middle of a game with 36 civs. Will the update make the new 4 available in the saved game?

This is a great mod and I thank you for your effort and time. But one thing that drives me crazy is some of the stupid complaints from people in the previous posts. I can imagine the time you have invested in this and people complain about this and that, you should have done this, added that and then the swastika thing. Give me a break!
You've invested your time and effort and have GIVEN this to us free!!!! If you don't like it, don't install it.

I look forward to any changes you might make in the future, keep up the great work and remember that there are many, including myself, who appreciate it.

Johnny

Top Bottom