[BtS MOD] Wolfshanze 1850-1920 Enhancement Mod v2.0

what version of civ + bts do you guys have? i've got civ4 gold(warlords inc) + bts

ive got the mod installed in the program files BTS mod directory, not the my documents one
C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Beyond the Sword\Mods - the path will vary a little depending on which version of civ4 you have

regular + warlords + bts

regular + bts

civ4 gold + bts

civ4 complete

maybe that info would help wolf figure out whats going on

i have regular + warlords + bts.
I suppose the problem could be in the folder assets\xml\interface. Perhaps there is something missing or wrong depending on the original language for civ-version.

even bigger problem
i removed my complete civ-beyond-the-sword to reinstall. now my system says:
reinstall-setup is not possible. there is a higher version 3.17.000 still installed. first deinstall that version. I have no idea how to do that, becaus i haven´t any more folder "Beyond the sword"
I know, that this problem isn´t concerning in any way with wolfshanze´s mod - so my post here is maybe on the wrong location but i would be very happy about any help.

even bigger problem
reinstall-setup is not possible. there is a higher version 3.17.000 still installed. first deinstall that version. I have no idea how to do that, becaus i haven´t any more folder "Beyond the sword"
I know, that this problem isn´t concerning in any way with wolfshanze´s mod - so my post here is maybe on the wrong location but i would be very happy about any help.

I would post this in the Bug Reports Forum. Maybe someone there can help. It looks like it has nothing to do with Wolfies mod.

ive got the mod installed in the program files BTS mod directory, not the my documents one
C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Beyond the Sword\Mods - the path will vary a little depending on which version of civ4 you have
I didn't even know there was a "MODS" folder in the "My Documents" tree! That may well make a difference. My mod is always installed in the MOD folder of the Program Files directory... that may be what you folks that are having problems have to double-check or ensure. Let me know if that is the case and/or if that fixes the problem!

even bigger problem
It doesn't concern the Wolf Mod, sounds like you didn't uninstall in the proper order or missed a step... the problem lays in the fact that there's something left-over in your registry file.

If you wanted to reinstall the whole game from scratch, but it won't let you, it's because of the Registry entry, which is easily removed.

Use the "Run..." command in your start bar and type "Regedit", hit enter.

click/select the "+" button next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, then "FIRAXIS GAMES". You'll see all the games from Firaxis installed in that folder, if the only Firaxis games you own is Civ4, then it's safe to delete the entire FIRAXIS GAMES folder. If you need to remove only specific games, then you can remove the folder for each game/expansion from Firaxis you have installed...

Delete what you need to delete, then restart the computer.

It won't tell you that you have something else installed by Firaxis anymore and you can reinstall whatever you want!

i get a "graphic" crash every 8-10 turns! OMG!!!!!! I have a ninja pc, what's happening???

First: Thank you verry verry much wolfshanze for helping me with my stupid silly uninstall - reinstall problem.
After reinstall, patch to v.3.17 and installing wolfshanze V.2.82 still the same problem exists. No interface is shown.
I put the wolfshanze folder in the "mods" folder not in the "my documents".

:dunno:

I don't know what else to say... I can't fix what I can't duplicate.

I have had several people say they've had no problems with v2.82, self included. If I could recreate the problem it'd be easier to solve... starting the mod is the most basic thing of all... certainly the first problem I would notice myself! Maybe there's some sort of bad upload, but that doesn't explain why others have successfully installed and used v2.82. I'm pulling my hair out over here trying to figure out what is wrong, but I've actually started v2.82 on a daily basis and have played a couple of games to completion with no problems in v2.82! :dunno:

Well, for the next release, there should be no confusion if it's loaded...

FOR THOSE WITH START-UP PROBLEMS WITH THE WOLFSHANZE MOD:

A couple more thoughts for those having problems running the Wolfshanze Mod... there must be something you all have in common that I do not share with you.

I'm running WinXP... would it be fair to say everyone having problems starting the mod is running WinVista?

This could tie-in with the old "Vista isn't the best OS of all times" theory... a possible solution for anyone having serious problems running the Wolfshanze Mod (if you can't get it to start).

If you can't get the Wolfshanze Mod to run, try REMOVING the custom gamecore...

Remove "CvGameCoreDLL.dll" out of the Wolfshanze "Assets" directory. The mod WILL RUN without the custom gamecore... you just won't get the benefits the custom gamecore allows like more then 18-civs at once on the map (see the full list of features the custom gamecore provides on the 1st post in this thread).

If you're running Vista, this may be the only/best way to get the Wolfshanze Mod to run... you'll still get all the new units, custom leaders, custom civs and the majority of the Wolfshanze Mod game improvements.

Let me know if you're having problems, which OS you're running (esp if it's Vista) and if removing the gamecore solves your problem.

i'm using vista home premium sp1, mod seems to load ok
Okay... so it works for me and XP and it works with you and Vista (I guess that's good news that it works with Vista)... so the mod can't be that unstable... another thought... maybe they have Vista without SP1 or something? Who knows. :dunno:

Still... it's worth experimenting by removing the custom gamecore by anyone having problems even getting the mod to START (much less play for extended periods of time)... the more you make it like default BtS, the more likely they won't encounter problems... removing the custom gamecore will make it nearly like default BtS (short of the graphical improvements and a few XML changes for civs, new units and leaders and what-not).

I still recommend removing the gamecore if they can't get it to even start just to see if it makes a difference. If the gamecore works for you, by all means LEAVE IT IN! The mod will play without the custom gamecore... you just get more out of it if you leave it in, but it's not necessary for the mod to run.

I have WinXP Pro, and I tried with and without the coredll and still no menus! I had it with prior version. I have downloaded 2.82 twice, fully deleting it the first time. I just don't know. Guess I will wait for your next big update and try again.

Top Bottom