[BtS MOD] Wolfshanze 1850-1920 Enhancement Mod v2.0

Aye, the missing interface is a python issue... somehow.

Wolfshanze, to make the background even better, maybe you could add a versioning number somewhere? That way, people CAN'T mistake versions...

Aye, the missing interface is a python issue... somehow.
Well is that a problem with the mod, or the end-user? A lot of folks (self-included) have no problems with the mod and/or the interface, but some apparently do... I'm confused as to the source of the problem!

Wolfshanze, to make the background even better, maybe you could add a versioning number somewhere? That way, people CAN'T mistake versions...
I suppose I could do that... maybe put a small unobtrusive version number on the top-right side underneath where "Wolfshanze" is placed by the game itself... but then I'd have to remember to update the main menu every time I put out a new version! What font is that in the top-right the game places there? Maybe I'll match that font and size.

Alternatively, you could rename your directory in the download package to e.g. "Wolfshanze 2.82", so when people unpack it, it goes in a whole new directory, PLUS the small text in the top right corner will read Wolfshanze 2.82!

Alternatively, you could rename your directory in the download package to e.g. "Wolfshanze 2.82", so when people unpack it, it goes in a whole new directory, PLUS the small text in the top right corner will read Wolfshanze 2.82!
You could do that, but the problem with that is it would break save-game compatibility between every version... save games look to play in the same mod folder or they won't run!

I know it is probably asking too much, but I would really like to see a Civ 4 alerts mod integrated into your mod. It is nice to know when your cities are one turn away from unhappiness or growth etc without checking each turn. But I still enjoy your mod more than any other and play it often!!

Just another request....:D

Plans on modularizing your mod into different sections for WoC?

I doubt it, the Wolf has not even used the regular BtS modular format yet, he does not seem to like change ;)

I converted my mod to WoC format which shares many unit classes with Wolf's mod. So for the time being that probably is your best bet when it comes to finding something similar to the Wolfshanze mod but for WoC.

I doubt it, the Wolf has not even used the regular BtS modular format yet, he does not seem to like change ;)
The Wolf fears change...

Actually, the Wolf is lazy when it comes to re-inventing the wheel. Too much work to just end-up with the exact same Wolfshanze Mod, just in a different format.

Greetings and salutations Wolfshanze,

I set your mod to default start and that seemed to fix the problem. I am fifty plus turns into a game and no problems thus far. Austria, Poland, Vietnam and the new leaders were all there.

I did find one file that would not extract, Thumbs.db in the wonders folder.

Thank you all for your advice and I hope the others with problems can get them fixed.

Felicitous valedictions

Greetings and salutations Wolfshanze,

I set your mod to default start and that seemed to fix the problem. I am fifty plus turns into a game and no problems thus far. Austria, Poland, Vietnam and the new leaders were all there.

I did find one file that would not extract, Thumbs.db in the wonders folder.

Thank you all for your advice and I hope the others with problems can get them fixed.

Felicitous valedictions
Glad to hear you got the problem fixed... don't worry about any "Thumbs.db" file(s)... that's a junk file and not needed for anything anyways. From my testing, v2.82 should be very stable in-game... assuming you can get the mod started (still don't know why folks are having problems with starting it).

Hi there

I got Civ 4 Complete a few weeks ago, and thought I'd try out this brilliant looking mod, but I'm having a problem.

It is Civ 4 Complete (a UK version), patched to 3.17. My old PC can only run up to mid size maps on standard BtS.

When I try to load the Mod, halfway through the restart I get an error...

Failed to Initialize Renderer (and some other details) and it crashes to desktop.

I found a thread about this particular problem here

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=133003

but that thread had nothing to do with mods. Very odd.

Any ideas? I'm going to try again in a minute, but turn the graphic settings down to low before trying the load. The problem is that the PC grinds to a halt after each attempt, and needs to be restarted. I need that WW1 tank. :)

Problem solved!!! :banana::banana::banana:

after hours of downloading, re-installing the mod, trying different approaches, and always getting a CTD after launching a new game, i thought i would explore a hunch...

someone in a previous post had mentioned that Civ4 exists in two separate directory trees, one being thru program files, and the other thru my documents.

i confirmed that as true, and also noticed that all my saved games were in both directories, file for file. very strange that Firaxis would do this, i've never seen a game mirrored like that before. i've always installed the game and the expansion pack using default install settings, so not sure how this could happen.

anyway, i looked at the Wolfshanze mod folder, and it appeared identical in both directories. but on a hunch, i opened the readme.txt file in the my documents pathway, and lo and behold, it said version 2.5!

i immediately deleted the mods/wolfshanze folder in my documents, then relaunched the game.

IT WORKED!

from what i can figure, it's always been trying to launch the 2.5 version, instead of 2.82, then crashes because it's BTS 3.17 now. it also explains why hitler and hirohito were showing up as leader choices, but austria was not offered as a civ choice (under 2.5 it hadn't been invented yet!!!).

phew, now the game is running smoothly, all leader and civ choices are present, and i'm playing as Franz Joseph as the Austrians. a long and entertaining game awaits!

you were right, Wolf, it was a user-end problem, but was very tough to diagnose. i'm wondering if i can delete the entire directory in my documents, i just don't see it's purpose...

anyway, Game ON!!! thanks for the immense amount of work on your mod, it's by the far the best one out there, and your level of support is pretty astounding. :thumbsup:

Glad another person got their problem fixed... I'm fairly confident most (and most-likely all) of the "won't start" problems are on the user-end... I would think if there was a serious problem with the mod starting it wouldn't single-out some people and allow others to play. Real problems with the mod would be universal... like the previously known (and fixed) bug of the game ALWAYS crashing for everybody if the Ottomans or Mongols were in the game (of course we didn't know that at the time, but learned that later and fixed it!).

Anyways, glad more people are able to enjoy the mod... I don't have much collected for the next release as-of yet, but if people are really clamoring for the custom menu screen, maybe I'll release it soon (it would be compatible with 2.82 saved-games of course).

It would be an investment in time management. Once the mod is sectioned off, maintenance will be simpler and more focused. It is a win for the community, not exactly a win for you. If you want to settle this in a WW1 Era match online...

:p

Sorry no solution,
i removed "CvGameCoreDLL.dll" and i still didn´t have any interface. I have windows XP, not Vista.
I suppose the problem is my german game version. Does other people who have the same problem either have non us-versions of the game?

Sorry no solution,
i removed "CvGameCoreDLL.dll" and i still didn´t have any interface. I have windows XP, not Vista.
I suppose the problem is my german game version. Does other people who have the same problem either have non us-versions of the game?
Hmmm... are you set to German or English? If German, have you tried English just to see if that's it?

The loading screen looks cool, 2.83 is that for?
Yep... the main menu screen will make it's official debut in v2.83... whenever I release that.

Mine is in English and I have used every trick reported here and still no menus. I may just have to delete the whole BTS file and start over. Its a shame because all the other mods for 3.17 work. Wolshanze, it must be something with my BTS files.

Top Bottom