[BTS][MODCOMP]Construction Mod

I'm not realy fond on respawn, because it a kind a unrealistic. As an alternative, I think it would be better if we had some oil resource that are simply harder to detect by making it only visible with more advanced tech like geology or make it discoverable by by some special geology unit.

It think ot would be easiest to just add an extra oil bonus type that becomes visible with a higher tech then the initial oil visibility tech. By defalut I think this oil resource should be used in sea squares, since it is a kind a weid that they are found as soon as can see oil

I think respawn is a bad word there; what snipperrabbit!! is talking about are "levels of depth" in the resources.

For example:

Iron might have 3 levels of "exploitation."

After discovering mining, the game unlocks the first level, providing say 1000 units of iron.
After you discover gunpowder, you reach the second, "deeper" level, which unlocks 1000 more. Similarly for steam power or another modern tech.

The resource itself does not actually move ("respawn") but stays on the same plot. It simply reflects the fact that you can't access the really deep ores because your technology is limited.

That is kind of how it worked in the game Destiny, which serves as my inspiration for the Q.R. mod. There were seven different versions of mines, based on your technology. Each one could go one level deeper. So after you'd mined all your copper with primitive stone- and bronze-age tools, you would have to discover iron working and upgrade the mine to continue extracting copper. The copper resource was still there on the map, you just couldn't do anything with it--you had exhausted that "level" of the resources.

Viniloss is talking about resource depletion while you are replying about building a unit in one turn. Not sure if there's any correlation here.

Yes! This was my idea! :) thank you snipperrabbit! ;)

I think respawn is a bad word there; what snipperrabbit!! is talking about are "levels of depth" in the resources.

For example:

Iron might have 3 levels of "exploitation."

After discovering mining, the game unlocks the first level, providing say 1000 units of iron.
After you discover gundpowder, you reach the second, "deeper" level, which unlocks 1000 more. Similarly for steam power or another modern tech.

The resource itself does not actually move ("respawn") but stays on the same plot. It simply reflects the fact that you can't access the really deep ores because your technology is limited.

This is a good idea too. But i think the resources dont need to have all the same value. Like in a place you can found like 1000 units of iron, expansive like Gaius said, and in another place you can find 500 units of iron and so on! ;)

Fanatic Daemon! You said that you can do something like this with the resources, but it would be dificulty to balance. Well, i cant programing! I really dunno nothing about. But i can help you with the balance thing! ;) Just ask me the help and i ll help! :)

See you!

Vini

Well, I think I have already found the sollution the the depletebly resource problem. I simply look at the maximum turns in a game and multiply it with randomly falue and modern age vector to get the totol oil.

For example, a game with 500 turns, and 10 base oil production and modern start date vector of 0.1 would generate an oil source with the following formula:

resource maximum = randomnumer(base_resource_production * number_of_turns * age_vector)

because reach source can deliver more oil per turn, the maximum amount of oil that can be generated each turn would be:

resource per turn = (resource maximum / number_of_turns)

would create a oil source

Well, I think I have already found the sollution the the depletebly resource problem. I simply look at the maximum turns in a game and multiply it with randomly falue and modern age vector to get the totol oil.

For example, a game with 500 turns, and 10 base oil production and modern start date vector of 0.1 would generate an oil source with the following formula:

resource maximum = randomnumer(base_resource_production * number_of_turns * age_vector)

because reach source can deliver more oil per turn, the maximum amount of oil that can be generated each turn would be:

resource per turn = (resource maximum / number_of_turns)

would create a oil source

I didnt understand nothing! HaHa! Man! You are too smart to me! HeHe! ;) Anyway, looks that you know what you are saying...! :) Im happy for this! Put your hands to work! And good luck! If you need help to play the game with your mod...! Try me! :D HeHe!

Good night!

If you need help to play the game with your mod...! Try me! :D

Well, if you realy intrested in helping me and have some experience modifying XML files, you can help by creating a demonstration mod which uses all my new XML tags. Download my Mod and start modifying the UnitInfo and BuildingsInfo xml files.

Hi!

I would do modifying of the XML but is everything else ready for it?
I mean I would like to do the "filling" when the core and structure is done for it.

Or is it independent from that - I mean the XML thing...

Everything should be ready, and if not, I will fix it

Contact me if you have any questions on how to use the new XML tags. Especialy the Bonus xml tags might be a bit hard to understand at first.

Well, I tried it but with no success :(

OK, on Monday evening I will try to get to you and ask things...

What I did:

I tried to insert the four rags with values for the Swordsman unit
(insterted lines in the xml after the iCost line)
but when running the mod it would not open but
with lots of error messasges for many different units and then I did not start game...

What should I exdactly do?

What XML editor do you use? It should be an XML schema aware editor, otherwiise you will make XML errors easily. Visual C++ Express is XML schema aware editor and can be freely downloaded from microsoft.

If you look in the Unitschema.XML, you will see that all new xml tags must be inserted after iCost tag in a particular order and not at the end of a XML unit entry like you might have thought.

What XML editor do you use? If you look in the Unitschema.XML, you will see that all new xml tags must be inserted after iCost tag in a particular order and not at the end of a XML unit entry like you might have thought.

Well, I guess the editor is good, I got it from (sg named Style Studio or what).

Might be the order... But I can try it only on Monday

It's about time! I've been waiting for a mod like this for a while. :)

wow this looks fantastic! what a great idea!

Great Mod!

I have implemented your mod component in a new Mod I will be releasing soon. Works great. I used if for all modern units (50 - 100).

A couple things I think myself and other modders would like:

- Ability to directly manipulate the stockpile a civ has.

- A 32 Civ DLL would be nice.

- Cost per turn and/or cost per movement.

- The ability to trade the stockpile or sell it without having to trade the resource to a Civ. Ie. sell them 400 barrels of oil but not the oil resource itself. I know this one can take some work. (Python screen adjustment and AI., but would be nice addition.

If the 32 Civ .dll can be easily modded in, could you please do so, it would be much appreciated.

I have play tested it quite throughly, it seems to be working well. No noticeable lag or CTDS. It adds quite a strategic element to the game, and allows the modder to limit units and buildings without having enormous build times.

Thank you for your contribution to the community. Let me know about the 32 civ Dll.

CivFanCCS

Top Bottom