• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

BTS-Pitboss Sunday gaming sessions

zenspiderz

Just some bloke..
Hi I want to play MP every sunday for 3 hours or so. But don't want to use gamespy or whatever. So I thought I would try to find like minded players from this forum. I can be available for a sunday session anytime between 12pm to 12 am GMT. Anyone able and willing to play regularly within this time slot?

Hamachi connection.

sure, I've played a few PitBoss session that were 3 hours in real time. It works but might take a while to setup as several people will initially have trouble getting in.

Not a huge interest so far... :(

When I think of how many people use this forums not many seem to play MP. Honestly I think SP is like a training mode for learning to play the game to point where you can play MP. Once you can beat the AI at monarch level or even prince it is high time you started playing the real civ which is mp. :mischief:

This is the SP forum though... The MP forum is mostly based around the ladder... I might be interested, but imo it is easier to organize such things over msn or some other form of IM...

I would also be interested (it seems we got the usuals here) although not this coming sunday also

Oh I am sure I won't start the 'Sunday session' until after my holiday in august.

I'm interested as well. :)

I am back from my holiday so can start thinking about starting a Sunday game. Any suggestions?

I'm not available this Sunday, but should be available anytime from the next one onwards. :)

Ok for the first Sunday club game i am thinking about another earth map with historical starting locations but this time with fewer civs so that it is more of a economic game and less of a warring game. Would this be totally objectionable?

for example

we could have just 2 civs in europe, Rome and either celtia or the vikings

just 2 civs in africa; mali and zulu probably

and arabia, india, russia, mongolia, china and perhaps japan and ottomans in asia

and i am thinking we use ai civs in the new world and australasia as sort of colourful barbs to give the game a 'colonisation' flavour.

so that would be 9 to 11 player civs and 3 to 5 civ barbs played by AI.

anyone interested?

Why earth? Playing on huge maps would certanly bog down my comp at least so count me out for that one...

i just like earth maps. it gives me a sense of context. :lol:

Earth seems okay, from next weekend onwards.

That sounds OK with me too. I like the Earth maps. They take away a lot of the exploration but everyone knows at least in which direction they should spread and where everyone else is.

I would make sure both Europeans start on the continent (i.e. no Celtica IF they start in the UK/Ireland). They will be at a big disadvantage if they have to ship troops/settlers/workers to the continent vs the Romans who can simply walk....

I like the idea of the AIs being considered basically the barbarians as they are unlikely to give any of us that hard a time but they will be better than the barbs. But you will probably want tech trading off to stop 'AI abuse' and it's a bad setting anyway :p

That sounds OK with me too. I like the Earth maps. They take away a lot of the exploration but everyone knows at least in which direction they should spread and where everyone else is.

I would make sure both Europeans start on the continent (i.e. no Celtica IF they start in the UK/Ireland). They will be at a big disadvantage if they have to ship troops/settlers/workers to the continent vs the Romans who can simply walk....

I like the idea of the AIs being considered basically the barbarians as they are unlikely to give any of us that hard a time but they will be better than the barbs. But you will probably want tech trading off to stop 'AI abuse' and it's a bad setting anyway :p

Yes I agree about celtia starting on the continent. tech trading will be off although i might consider just no tech brokering.

Top Bottom