[BtS][RFC] BeBear's FINE_TUNE MOD for RFC v1.2

bebear

Chieftain
BeBear's FINE_TUNE MOD v1.2 for RFC (latest is v1.07)

a few days hard works...

RFC is great, but not great enough ... Whats good for this fine_tune MOD?

- fine tune for buildings: better obsolete rules and conquest rules, balanced effects
- fine tune for techs: better trade rules, only "know how" tech could be trade
- fine tune for handicap: precise balanced for handicap rule, all 3 level reasonable and fun
- fine tune for RiseAndFall: AI not so easy to fall by conquests and suffer less by "betrayal"
- fine tune for Mercenary: precise method for cost and maintance calculation and some fine tunes
- fine tune for Plague: still deadly but not so hard, and city pop will not fall below 3

And most important it's a FINE_TUNE MOD, can be play for saved game without starting a new game!!!

Usage: copy "XML" "Python" dir to \Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\ and overwrite, backup file already included and named with .rfc107

details and downloads:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=243187

Obiously you are willing to tell us all the actual tunes, aren't you

And why you link is obviously a link to editing your post? Of course, it tells me I don't have a permission.

why the hell does the plague keep getting lighter and lighter? i know this isnt an official mod, but rhye tamed the plague enough as it is. if you're finding the plague still destroying you at this point, then you should go play another mod.

I personally would prefer the 'it's the end of the world, oh my god!' plague strength back. also the plague that is supposed to hit the new world when europeans first come either doesn't happen, or it's so weak it doesn't do much. doesn't rhye realize that in real life when small pox hit the new world, it killed NINE OUT OF TEN of all native north and south americans? it killed like almost every incan leader for god's sake, and completely cleared what is currently the USA south east of all the numerous large cities there for god's sake. when europeans first entered the south east, they found hundreds of cities that could have housed a couple thousand each completely devastated by small pox, with only a few huddled natives left alive. tenochtitlan itself had a little under a million citizens in and around the city before europe arrived, and then after the plague hit, the population dropped by 75%, and then after the war, and another plague, it droped to only 2% of the original population.

- fine tune for buildings: better obsolete rules and conquest rules, balanced effects

They are already balanced.

- fine tune for techs: better trade rules, only "know how" tech could be trade

We debated that and decided against implementing that rule.

- fine tune for handicap: precise balanced for handicap rule, all 3 level reasonable and fun

I'm assuming the handicap you're speaking of is a pentalty for Giga-empires. Or is it something else?

- fine tune for RiseAndFall: AI not so easy to fall by conquests and suffer less by "betrayal"

Why?

- fine tune for Mercenary: precise method for cost and maintance calculation and some fine tunes

Can you post them here?

- fine tune for Plague: still deadly but not so hard, and city pop will not fall below 3

-----

So what you did, was take a great mod and make it stupid easy? Well, I guess some people would need that, but you should call this RFC_Light, since you didn't tune anything, except maybe merc costs.

Those are words coming from is finely tuned ass

This is supposed to be the fine tuned mod???
Where's Poland? Where's Ukraine for that matter heh? And why the hell haven't you changed Britain to England?!? Do your homework boy.

Hi all,

i am not native English speaker, so forgive me if choose the wrong words "not great enough".

rules is the key for game, good rule good game, bad rule bad game.

the mission for this fine tune is making PC hard to utilize the AI weakness, all this change favor to AI, not favor to PC, and not make it "stupid easy" if you try.

this fine tune can be set to 2 parts, here the major change details:

part 1 is for CIV4s,

- add building conquest rules
- add wonder obsolete rules
- add tech exchange rule
- high bonus building reduction

part 2 is for RFCs,

- Merc cost and maintance rule changed, the core rule is (level+8)^2:

self.iHireCost = (self.objUnitInfo.getProductionCost()) * ((self.getLevel() +8) * (self.getLevel() +8) * 0.0125 * (1 - self.getNextExperienceLevel()*0.01) + self.getExperienceLevel() * 0.025) # DON

return int((self.getLevel() * 0.3333 + self.getHireCost() * 0.075) * dMaintenanceCostModifier + g_dBaseMaintenanceCost) #Rhye # DON

- plague damage rule changed, the bigger the higher chance:

if (gc.getGame().getSorenRandNum(100, 'roll') > 65 + 5*city.healthRate(False, 0) - city.getPopulation() *2): # DON
city.changePopulation(-1)

the rest is some minor adjustment for example making AI not easy to fall from plague and barbarian, that making PC very easy to take their property.

why the hell does the plague keep getting lighter and lighter?

even 10 time harder plague, PC smart, even PC fall, PC still have ways to get it back.

but AI... with fallen rule and agressive barb, when hard plague comes, AI is very possibe to fall, even AI don't fall, the first time i play the game with Greek, when first plague come, i attack Rome that 4 time stronger than me, just with 2 cheap Merc and 2 Inf, and i make Rome fall :king:

for this instance i find RFC is great but not great enough for AI against PC. that's why i make this small fine tune, just make AI not so pity...

if (gc.getGame().getSorenRandNum(100, 'roll') > 65 + 5*city.healthRate(False, 0) - city.getPopulation() *2): # DON

in v1.21 change it to:

if (gc.getGame().getSorenRandNum(100, 'roll') > 70 + 3*city.healthRate(False, 0) - 3* city.getPopulation()): # DON

check:

for heal=0, pop=14, kill chance is 72%
for heal=2, pop=12, kill chance is 60%
for heal=6, pop=8, kill chance is 36%
for heal=6, pop=4 (Human beginning), kill chance is 24%

this change make plague more dangerous in big cities in middle game, and even well developed factions that with good health also suffer from it.

Why do you guys defend the mod so much? If you like the mod as it is, simply dont download this mini-mod.

I will try only if he complete its work

A mod of mod ? not completely a bad idea

My wishs : a game more fun...

I am badly ok with him : on pretext of recreate history, Rhye had breaked most of "and if" system of Civ...

The only perfect thing is the map and the ability to place two cities distants only one tile...

And the system naming should be copied by others worlds maps...

My wish, i must can impeech the spain and france or britain to born for keeping roman empire enough great

Why do you guys defend the mod so much? If you like the mod as it is, simply dont download this mini-mod.

Well if he's going to fine tune a finely tuned mod, you better be fine tuning it, not making it tailored to what you want to see in your game experience.

They are already balanced.

the first time i play Greek with normal difficult, in 1090AD with just 13 cities and only half is developed:

- my score is 933, the 2nd is just 500
- my GNP is 585, the 2nd is 147, avg is 87, about 30% in the world
- my prod is 251, the 2nd is 73, avg is 27, about 40% in the world

in my 12 pop capital, i got 40 base prod, 50 base gold, 56 save gold, in 100% research, with 5 great people, it yield 220+ tech and 100+ gold. with military Academy (not world wonder), it can produce a knight in 1 turn...

just leave me the capital, i can win the other 12 cities even i fall to civil war like that:)

To OP.

Can you post a mission statement of what you are trying to achieve with this mini-mod. It's aims and the reasoning behind them. Thanks.

Let him do what he wants. Who cares. Don't hate on him because he's bad at wording English.

Yeah, honestly you guys are being way to protective of the mod. Let him do what we wants. It sounds to me like the changes he is making allow the AI to perform better in RFC

yeah, you're all free to discuss these changes.
If they are all well explained (with examples like the plague one, so that everybody understands what would change and why) we can examine them, and if you all agree that a certain tweak is an improvement, I'll merge it to the main mod.

Top Bottom