• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

How would I set it up to start with a shortcut?

I don't see an executable in the folder.

Was there an option for that when it was installed? I don't remember.

hmm the 2.92 torrent link doesnt work. I have bittornado and the link just opens to an empty page. is there a real download link?

BX

hmm the 2.92 torrent link doesnt work. I have bittornado and the link just opens to an empty page. is there a real download link?

BX

Ditto. LimeWire pops up a message saying:
"Invalid magnet option."
Clicking "OK" closes the message, and nothing happens.

I'm with those guys. Trying to start a torrent, and I get this, "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (magnet) isn't associated with any program."

I'm trying to use uTorrent.

Edit: Nvm, figured it out. For those having issues, go into your torrent programs settings, and associate magnet links with it. Atleast, it worked with uTorrent.

Is something wrong with my gamespeeds (2.92)? On epic I build a warrior/research a tech in 4-5 turns with one city. On marathon I build/research in about 10 turns (which is what I was aiming for) but my capital with a wheat and farm right next to it won't grow to size 2 for 30 turns? O.o

Hi again, sorry but where do you save the patch to when downloading?

Ja def a bad torrent or magnet link ... it's opening fine with shareaza but can't actually find the file. Going to assume either nobody is seeding (doubt) or it's broke :)

this probably has been answered somewhere, but I can't find it so here goes;
I bought a new PC this weekend which runs windows 7, I reinstalled the game (dvd version) and it works fine. I want to play with this mod though, but I can't get it to work. When I leave everything I can choose RoM mod and the game restarts (as it should) then the screen flickers before it starts to reload and then nothing!
So I try to put the exe to compatability XP, but then I get please insert CD while it's in there, when I turn of the compatable thing I can start the normal game again??

Anyone know how to get rid of the 'please insert cd' thingy? :confused:

Yes, I also tried to install it in a new folder (instead of the automatic program files one), but I get the same result.
Game starts in windows 7, from the moment I put it on compatibility xp (or vista or ME or 2000) it gives me 'please insert cd/dvd and restart the application' (in other words the dvd becomes invisible in compatibility mode :rolleyes:)

Yes, I also tried to install it in a new folder (instead of the automatic program files one), but I get the same result.
Game starts in windows 7, from the moment I put it on compatibility xp (or vista or ME or 2000) it gives me 'please insert cd/dvd and restart the application' (in other words the dvd becomes invisible in compatibility mode :rolleyes:)

I believe it runs fine in Windows 7 but you may need to run as administrator or change the access rights on RoM.

Hi guys. I came across this mod while trawling the Civ 5 forums. It sounds very good. I still can't believe how craptastic Civ 5 is.

I hope this mod will satiate my civ addiction until some complete overhaul mods are done for Civ 5.

Just one question: do I need Warlords installed for this mod?

I tried to run it as administrator no difference. What do you mean change the access rights of rom??

If you tried as admin and it did not work then changing the access rights wont help either. I don't have win 7, I was just suggesting stuff I had read worked elsewhere. Have you looked in the Rise of Mankind forums? Don't know if it will help.

Just a thought, the version of BtS you are running is the latest. If not you will have to download and apply the patch. the in game update does not work.

Hi guys. I came across this mod while trawling the Civ 5 forums. It sounds very good. I still can't believe how craptastic Civ 5 is.

I hope this mod will satiate my civ addiction until some complete overhaul mods are done for Civ 5.

Just one question: do I need Warlords installed for this mod?

You do need Beyond the Sword latest version. I don't think you need Warlords.

I've just pressed "launch" on my first game, and it is getting stuck on the map generation screen.

I chose "Gigantic" map. My RAM is only sitting at 1.9GB, out of 4GB.

I'm running Windows 7 x64.

Is Gigantic map sizes just not able to be played without more RAM or something?

EDIT: Nevermind. I had to kill Civ after waiting for about 20 minutes, but started another gigantic map and it's all good. I think I was just unlucky.

Loving the mod, but I'm curious about the absence of Healthcare, and Education civics?

Top Bottom