• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Have you got a new tech that allows a new route type and your workers automated? Routes cost money to build but you would need to have a very large work force for this example to be so.
+ industrial/modern/transhuman units cost 1 to 3 gold per turn depending on unit type.

Hi, Zap,

The 2.8 version has got an extra civ pack.

Is there possible to adjust this pack for 2.92 ?

Are you going to provide a mega civ pack for 2.92 ?

Thanks
Not for v2.92 but I have planned to update it to v3.0 when that version is released.

Just a little question, I am playing scenario with the 28 civs map. I was asking my self if any of the victory conditions were available right now?

I normally play without any victory condition and when it's a scenario, well I can't change this little thing...

+ industrial/modern/transhuman units cost 1 to 3 gold per turn depending on unit type.

but wouldn't be the money put in the account which you get took off every round?i mean the money counter tells me i should get money put doesnt matter how high my income is i always loose my money and i cant get any money together anymore.its kind off strange and not playable at this status.didnt change any settings,play the normal RoM2.92 mod.thx for the help zap.you did an awesome job with the mod, even if i got some probs...

Have you got a new tech that allows a new route type and your workers automated? Routes cost money to build but you would need to have a very large work force for this example to be so.

well i think i do,have to check that out,and yeah my worker are automated and large work force.but would that money not put in the money counter?so i could see how much money i have to pay every round?because even if i put my wisdom down and earn 1000s of gold i still get all taken off me.its strange.

A possibility:

If you have one or more cities set to decide what to build for themselves (the city governor is turned on) then they can, and will, rush buy things if you are running a civic that allows things to be rushed with money. They won't spend every last coin, but they will apparently keep the total pretty low.

Well, this happens in regular BtS so I assume that it also happens here. I always manage my own cities so have never seen it myself.

well i think i do,have to check that out,and yeah my worker are automated and large work force.but would that money not put in the money counter?so i could see how much money i have to pay every round?because even if i put my wisdom down and earn 1000s of gold i still get all taken off me.its strange.

No. Paying for building routes is not part of BtS so it is not counted by the code that says how much income there will be for the turn. The money is taken out when the worker starts building the route in a plot.

Hi,

Where can I find the UN Mission Module? I can't find it it's neither in the Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Unloaded Modules\ nor in the
Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\ files. Is it possible to download it from here? (or is it located somewhere else I didn't check?)

Thank you

A possibility:

If you have one or more cities set to decide what to build for themselves (the city governor is turned on) then they can, and will, rush buy things if you are running a civic that allows things to be rushed with money. They won't spend every last coin, but they will apparently keep the total pretty low.

Well, this happens in regular BtS so I assume that it also happens here. I always manage my own cities so have never seen it myself.

thx for the help, but i dont have the cities on auto,so its something else....

No. Paying for building routes is not part of BtS so it is not counted by the code that says how much income there will be for the turn. The money is taken out when the worker starts building the route in a plot.

Hmmm,that sounds like that could be my prob...i will investigate...thx for the help...

Does RoM have online Multiplayer?

I do not know torrent from bittorrent or how to use these things. where can i go for help

i got it on torrent. i do not know where to go from here. And I have downloaded the three files from rapidshare and the megaupload file but i do not get rise of mankind to show up

hello, what decises that in 2.92 there are not anymore combat percentages adding ex. for a diesel ships +100% vs wooden ships? or +150% for tanks vs melee units? it was good for realism as it was much harder to have a tank destroyed with ex. archer or cavalry. Which component removes this? maybe dawn of man? i would also want to propose adding bigger percentages in version 3.0 - those 100 or 200% are sometimes not enough and ex. 10 line ships can destroy battleship if they attack all together in same turn, what is not realistic. Thanks for answer

I seem to be having trouble launching a RoM game all of a sudden. It worked earlier today. But now, It'll get to initializing and just sit there. I uninstalled the mod and re-installed it, but the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

Your mods look great with many interesting features.

The problem I am having is that it keeps resetting my game settings to it's default.

In BTS I have music turned off and monitor set to 1280 x 1024.
When I load Rise of Mankind with A New Dawn The music plays and it is set to 1024 x (I forget).

So, I reset everything and restart. All is OK.

I then load BTS again and it's back to music on and 1024 x (I forget).

So I set it up again.

Now I load A New Dawn again and there's the music again and 1024 X (I forget) and all the rest of the default settings.

Is there a way to make it stop doing this?

AND 1.74.
ROM 2.92.

Is there an actual download (non-torrent) of this anywhere? The torrent is going s-s-s-s-s-s-l-o-w. :) Understand the large size probably makes hosting a bit of a chore, but can't hurt to ask.

Your mods look great with many interesting features.

The problem I am having is that it keeps resetting my game settings to it's default.

In BTS I have music turned off and monitor set to 1280 x 1024.
When I load Rise of Mankind with A New Dawn The music plays and it is set to 1024 x (I forget).

So, I reset everything and restart. All is OK.

I then load BTS again and it's back to music on and 1024 x (I forget).

So I set it up again.

Now I load A New Dawn again and there's the music again and 1024 X (I forget) and all the rest of the default settings.

Is there a way to make it stop doing this?

AND 1.74.
ROM 2.92.

You need to set up a short cut to launch RoM rather than BtS or go to your config file My Games/Beyond the Sword/CivilizationIV.ini and change the line
Code:
Mod=0
to
Code:
Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind
or
Code:
Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

The reason it resets stuff all the time is because RoM/AND have more basic game options (cntl-O).

Hi,

I have a couple of suggestions re promotions:

1. Improve the Drill line. For example, changing the chances of first strikes to first strikes, at the very least for the first level promotion.

2. Many of the unit combat promotions (e.g. shock and cover) work for units attacking and defending. This means they're of better strategic value than the promotions that impart bonuses for terrain which are typically just for defending.

With forests and jungles so predominant now, I feel there's now an over-emphasis on the defensive aspect of conducting warfare. This involves simply blocking approaching stacks by placing units with defensive woodsman promotions in all the forests and jungles. These terrain features already have a 50% defensive bonus! If, however, the promotions were to equally emphasize attacking into the terrain type, then there would be more to the attacking/counterattacking aspect of warfare.

So, with all this in mind I was wondering if the Guerilla, Woodsman, Field, Cold and Warmth promotions should be designed to better emphasize attacking into the terrain types? I think for Woodsman and Guerilla they only get this on level 3.

And an observation on units:

I don't know whether it just depends on which parts of the tech tree one focuses on, but the arrival of swordsmen at 10 strength seemed to dominate proceedings. They were vastly more powerful than any of the other units available at that time - archers, mounted infantry, pikemen - and macemen, their natural counter, were considerably further down the tech tree.

Top Bottom