[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

They messed it a bit up with the GOTY edition, I think.
For normal installations the main folder is just "Civ4".
But for the GOTY the folder for the normal Civ4 version is named "Sid Meiers Civ4 BtS", which makes the whole thing confusing.

I just got this mod tonight and started a game using the gigantic earth scenario...why does everyone start off with a warrior far away from the settler starting point?

So you have a chance at spotting a better settle point, more terrain exposed at start, and maybe spot an early goody hut.

What does it matter? Your warrior isn't that far away and your settler is safe for the 1st few turns anyway.

JosEPh :)

i cant seem to get the blue marble working on this mod, blue marble works fine with fall from heaven and orbis... can anybody help..?

At Game set up select No Revolutions.

JosEPh

I selected "Choose Religions" as one of my starting options yet I'm not the one who chooses the religion. That choice is made for me. Is there some way I can actually be the one to choose a religion when I get a religious tech?

Yes Do Not use Choose or Limited.

JosEPh

Thank you for the answer on religion. :)

Now I have a different whine. I built some Ships of the Line, 32 :strength:, 5 :move:, ocean going. Having researched the appropriate tech, I can now upgrade them to Ironclads, 24 :strength:, 3 :move:, non-ocean going. Why does an upgrade result in a weaker, slower, restricted in movement unit?

Ok, so I feel like I'm pissing into the wind at this point but here goes. Is there some rational explanation as to why 90% of the mods on here change the AI so that they totally ignore you ? not only that but they actually refuse to declare war on you ?

did nobody test this and think .. "Hmm thats a bit odd" Or are you going to find a scapegoat in the 32 bit system like realism invictus did.

Thank you for the answer on religion. :)

Now I have a different whine. I built some Ships of the Line, 32 :strength:, 5 :move:, ocean going. Having researched the appropriate tech, I can now upgrade them to Ironclads, 24 :strength:, 3 :move:, non-ocean going. Why does an upgrade result in a weaker, slower, restricted in movement unit?

Always bugs me too, however the reason given is often "but that is both the way it was historically and how it was done in vanilla Civ BtS";)

Ok, so I feel like I'm pissing into the wind at this point but here goes. Is there some rational explanation as to why 90% of the mods on here change the AI so that they totally ignore you ? not only that but they actually refuse to declare war on you ?

did nobody test this and think .. "Hmm thats a bit odd" Or are you going to find a scapegoat in the 32 bit system like realism invictus did.

Never had that problem with RoM 2.92

Always bugs me too, however the reason given is often "but that is both the way it was historically and how it was done in vanilla Civ BtS";)

Not true.
1) Ships of the Line do not upgrade to Ironclads in BTS
2) Ironclads have more combat str than SotL
3) Ironclads are cheaper than SotL

If someone would strip REV from RoM2.92 it would be a stable version. And then add K-Mod to RoM2.92 it would be twice as good as it could've been. And then could be Called RoM3.0 and achieve the Final version status Zappara was aiming for.

JosEPh

hi Mr Zappara sir. This has probably been asked but 100 pages is too long for me to traverse. The mod is really good but there are leaders who I want to change. I've been trying to locate the civ4ArtDefines leaderheads file and I did find one but only for a few leaders. Leaders like Sejong isn't in there. May I know where I can find the controller for Sejong sir? or is there another way to change this leaderhead?

:confused: Hmnn, Ai's always been willing to go to war with me, and is actually quite good at back stabbing, especially with Agg AI chk'd. As for RI mod, I don't know about your games, but mine always turn into a slug fest, especially if you choose a West Euro civ.

hi Mr Zappara sir. This has probably been asked but 100 pages is too long for me to traverse. The mod is really good but there are leaders who I want to change. I've been trying to locate the civ4ArtDefines leaderheads file and I did find one but only for a few leaders. Leaders like Sejong isn't in there. May I know where I can find the controller for Sejong sir? or is there another way to change this leaderhead?

Hi,

1st, Zappara left several years ago and has not returned.
2nd, what version of RoM are you playing?

JosEPh :)

If someone would strip REV from RoM2.92 it would be a stable version. And then add K-Mod to RoM2.92 it would be twice as good as it could've been. And then could be Called RoM3.0 and achieve the Final version status Zappara was aiming for.

JosEPh

Isn't "all" that is required to do that just replace the dll? Or is there python and such like in the K-mod? Zappara did no dll changes he just included the Revolutions one and merged the revolutions python into what ever version of BUG he was using.

@DH,
I had not really realized that RoM's DLL was basically REV and BUG. As for K-Mod I'm pretty sure it has a Custom DLL because of all the AI work karadoc did. But I'm Not Python or SDK literate either.

JosEPh

Top Bottom