[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Does this mod play with windows 7?

I download this mod but it doesn't play. What version must I choose? I have : DELL Inspiron N7110
Windows 7 Pack 1

Evaluation de performances : 4,9 (6,6 graphiques de jeu)
Processeur : Intel® Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz
RAM : 6.00 Go
Système d’exploitation 64 bits

Screen 1600x900
32bits
60HZ

I download this mod but it doesn't play. What version must I choose? I have : DELL Inspiron N7110
Windows 7 Pack 1

Evaluation de performances : 4,9 (6,6 graphiques de jeu)
Processeur : Intel® Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz
RAM : 6.00 Go
Système d’exploitation 64 bits

Screen 1600x900
32bits
60HZ

Since you can't play RoM or C2C it suggests that maybe you don't have version 3.19 of Beyond the Sword. See here for the patch.

Yes, the patch will help.

We have a connection problem when playing this mod... When we play standard BTS there seems to be no problem, but when we play the mod we go out of sync after a couple of turns.

Any help on this topic will be appreciated!

Thank you

7zip for 2.92 didn't work when I follwed Zappara's directions. It gave me a diagnostic which said 4 files couldn't be unzipped. IZarc said I couldn't write to that directory so I tried merging old and new folder (I've known this to work for another mod) but now many of AAranda's religious buildings i.e. Asatru temple, Scientology building, ect.)are missing from the civlopedia (my computer made me aware when it said that the TAG was not valid as part of a series of XML errors). I'm not completely sure but I think I had version 2.71 before downloading 2.92 (from atomic gamer not the torrent). I tried installing the 2.92 on its own but then the civilopedia didn't come up at all. BTW I am up to 3.19.

I have no programming/python/xml experience please help. :(

specs

Vista Home Premium sp2
HP a6030n
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4800+
2 Gb RAM
32 bit

Do you still have RoM2.71 in the BtS\Mods folder? This can cause conflicts thru the .ini file. If so just Move RoM 2.71 to a folder outside the CIV IV BtS path. Also the 1st time you Load 2.92 hold down the shift key to clear the cache.

JosEPh

Hi everybody, just wondering if it would be better to use this mod or A New Dawn. Thanks!

This mod is no longer in development. A New Dawn (and Caveman2Cosmos) are the "successor" mods.

Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn is a successor the mod A New Dawn is something different.

Yeah, forgot about that one. In my mind, I always equate ROM-AND as AND, and the one that someone else named AND is forgotten. My zipped files on DVD are just called A New Dawn, so that's why I often forget.

Hi everybody, just wondering if it would be better to use this mod or A New Dawn. Thanks!

I would have to say try both. RoM is the Base for RoM-AND. So play the base Mod get a feel for what Zappara did and then try some RoM-AND to see what Afforess did with Zappara's base.

JosEPh

I'd extract to a folder outside of the game 1st and then copy paste to the BtS/Mods folder. That way you can check to see if there is a AND folder with another AND folder inside. If there is, use the inside folder. This has been reported before.

JosEPh

Top Bottom