[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

If you're talking about bombards, they began being used around 1350-1400 and were often used alongside heavy swordsmen. Aquebusiers (spelled right?) weren't used until a little later when better cannons were invented. such as culverins.

Managed to play a bit more this mod, although the frequent crashes made me roll back to 2.2.

I don't know but 2.3 isn't just stable for me, doesn't really matter much if i disable revolution mod or keep it. I found myself needing to save almost every turn to be able to progress.

Anyway, i really like some of the new features although in my opinion you need to balance up some things to make the game more difficult. I found myself having really little problems even at deity difficulty when i still need to win a game in vanilla bts at that level.

If you want, zappara, i can try to make a list of things you should try to polish for 2.4, hoping you can fix the stability aswell ;). It may be a long list tho, so asking in advance before wasting a . .. .. .. . load of time.

When i get to the later times like industrial, and have huge or bigger map, everything runs smoothly except for when i scoll out to see the whole world, it will crash? Is this a known issue or just me. My pc is good so it shouldn't be a problem. E8400 @ 3.7GHZ with 4 gigs ram with a 9800GTX

When i get to the later times like industrial, and have huge or bigger map, everything runs smoothly except for when i scoll out to see the whole world, it will crash? Is this a known issue or just me. My pc is good so it shouldn't be a problem. E8400 @ 3.7GHZ with 4 gigs ram with a 9800GTX

RAM is a bigger issue than anything, especially to do with crashes that often result from cIV's poor memory management issues. Regarding such crashes, your awesome rig will probably fare no better than my T7500 @ 2.0 GHZ, 2GB RAM, 8600M GT laptop. That is, unless you have Vista 64 or some other OS that can actually use the 4GB RAM. I've not had a crash upon zooming out before with RoM, but I've never tried larger than a large map.

I am using vista 64, therefor i am utilizing the the whole 4 gigs... :( just curious to see if other are having the same issues...

I've yet to be able to finish a game with ROM. It seems whenever I get to tanks the game CTD. Several games... always around the same time. I'm like you though where I have vista 64 and 4gig ram.

I found another problem with the Great General. He can build multiple National Courrier Systems(In different cities). While not perhaps as big as the Secret Army Base glitch, this means that after building 4(Constructing 1 and using GGs on the other 3), you get -100% Anarchy Duration, as any civ.

I found another problem with the Great General. He can build multiple National Courrier Systems(In different cities). While not perhaps as big as the Secret Army Base glitch, this means that after building 4(Constructing 1 and using GGs on the other 3), you get -100% Anarchy Duration, as any civ.
This has been fixed already for the next version. I'll try to make small patch this week (v2.31) that fixes few reported things from v2.3. You can post feedback and bug reports from v2.3 in this thread. I'll post update notes there too.

Current patch notes:
Spoiler :
Version 2.31
-----------

Python
------
- Changed: pickle optimization (should reduce wait time between turns)
- Updated: RevolutionDCM to v0.951
- Fixed: Fluyt was mispelled in CvRandomEventInterface

Promotions
----------
- Added: Spy promotion lines (Super Spy mod component)
- Fixed: Air refuel was 2 times defined, removed duplicate

Mod components
--------------
- Updated: Better BTS AI 0.36
- Updated: Dresdon's unofficial BTS Solver patch 0.19.1
- Added: Super Spies 1.23

Unit combat types
-----------------
- Added: Espionage unit group

Units
-----
- Fixed: Great General can no longer force build national wonders but it can still build the same wonders when requirements are met
- Changed: Caravel units no longer have RESERVE_SEA AI option, this should limit AI players from building too many of these units
- Fixed: Arabian War Elephant graphics switched back to Middle East War Elephant, unit buttons should work now normally

Woops. Edit: No, you really are using Sevopedia 2.3.1. *Ahem* Well, there is a 2.3.2 if you want it, which I'm guessing you didn't, but whatever lol. A mention in the Sevopedia credits line of your mod would be nice however, as you wouldn't otherwise have had a BtS version of it with cool new features all this time. ;)

Your Education and Healthcare civic categories are closely based (names icons and effects) on mine from my briefly-released MongooseMod, so again, a credits mention would be nice, though this is minor and will probably make me come across as whining. :p

Woops. Edit: No, you really are using Sevopedia 2.3.1. *Ahem* Well, there is a 2.3.2 if you want it, which I'm guessing you didn't, but whatever lol. A mention in the Sevopedia credits line of your mod would be nice however, as you wouldn't otherwise have had a BtS version of it with cool new features all this time. ;)

Your Education and Healthcare civic categories are closely based (names icons and effects) on mine from my briefly-released MongooseMod, so again, a credits mention would be nice, though this is minor and will probably make me come across as whining. :p
Current version might be actually now 2.3.2 or a combination of 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 because sevopedia is part of BUG mod which is now merged to RoM and I've updated files when I've seen newer file modification dates. I'll have to check what version BUG 3.0 is using now ;) There was couple small bugs in sevopedia 2.3.1 that I've fixed on the newest RoM version: Building pages weren't able to show corporation requirements for building (if the building had corporation prereq.) and Improvement pages didn't show modifiers for roads/railroads. I'm not sure if those have been fixed for sevopedia 2.3.2 so you might want to check those fixes.

I checked credits list on this thread's first post and indeed your name was missing from sevopedia authors list (Sevo, Vovan, Progor, Gaurav, Fitchn was mentioned there) so I've added you to that list now - I'll add it to mod's readme file and pedia pages as well to the next RoM version. :)

About civics in this mod - originally those Healthcare and Education categories were merged from some other modpack to RoM, I'm not entirely sure from what mod since it was so long ago but most likely it was Sevomod or Visa - though RoM's current civic list is combination from at least 4 different mods that have changed civics plus there has been many additional changes that I've made. I'd assume your civic changes were merged to one of those mods as I wasn't aware that you had originally made them.

Next RoM version (2.4) will have completely revamped civic system and we are currently discussing the changes in this thread. For those who like to join that civic discussion, please note that Lawrie is making his own little minimod for RoM that will change civics for his personal use and the changes I will make to RoM 2.4 might be slightly different than what has been discussed in that thread. Currently all the civic category choices are already set except Future civic options. So far the civic choices look like this (hopefully I took them from the correct post :D):

Spoiler :
Government
Chiefdom - State ruled by a chief or a number of chiefs.
Despotism - State ruled by a dictator.
Monarchy - State ruled by a hereditary king or emperor.
Republic - Broad definition, but essentially the state is ruled by a government not ruled by a monarch but where the people themselves installed the government.
Democracy - Representative democracy. The people elect rulers to either defend their Constitution or to carry out the peoples' wants.
Fascist - State ruled by a totalitarian government with the intent of benefiting the country as a whole.
Communist - State ruled by a totalitarian government with the intent of creating a classless society.

Power
Aristocracy - State ruled by the noble class.
Patrician - State ruled by the wealthy class.
Bureaucracy - State ruled by many specialized departments.
Vassalage - State ruled by the ruler and the people he makes contracts with (e.g. knights)
Parliament - State ruled by a council which is a fusion of legislature and executive.
Senate - State ruled by a council that is strictly legislative, with the executive branch having lesser power.
President - State ruled by one ruler and his/her advisers that is strictly executive, with the legislative branch having lesser power.

Society
Tribal - Society values tribal life.
Proletariat - Society values benefiting the working class.
Bourgeois - Society values benefiting the upper classes.
Feudal - Society values a rigid social structure (such as Medieval feudal serfdom).
Liberal - Society values giving all or most of the people liberty.
Nationalist - Society values their country as more important than any other goal.
Marxist - Society values trying to achieve equality.

Economy
Barter - Economy without currency and runs on exchange.
Slavery - Economy using barter or currency that uses slavery as a base for production, resource gathering, ETC.
Mercantile - Economy with the intent of exporting more than importing.
Laissez-Faire - Economy with a lack of government intervention. So a capitalist or market economy.
Planned - Economy that is planned by the government.
Keynesian - Economy that uses government intervention with the free market to maximize economic growth and weaken recessions. Essentially a mixed economy.
Corporatist - Economy that relies on many protectionist policies and government regulations put in place to benefit the corporations rather than the consumers.

Religion
Prophets - Religion spread by non-partisan disorganized preachers.
Divine Cult - Religion run by government and includes worship of the ruler as a god.
Free Church - Religion run by a private-run church with immense political power.
State Church - Religion run by a government-run church.
Intolerant - Religion run by a church that is intolerant of other religions.
Secular - Religion is run by a private church with no political power.
Atheist - Government decision or cultural consensus makes the state religion "atheist"

Welfare
Charity - Unorganized private welfare.
Church - Organized welfare run by the clergy.
Private - Organized welfare run by private organizations,
Subsidized - Private welfare combined with the government giving money to the poor (subsidies).
Socialized - Government supplies free welfare to all citizens.
Public Works - Government invests a lot of money in public works such as transportation, utilities, ETC.
Corporate - Government gives welfare to corporations.
Once the Future Civic category choices are set, we can discuss about the modifiers for each civic so there's plenty of stuff left to discuss. ;)

First of all - GREAT MOD. I love it.
And second - is there a possibility to disable "global warming" effect.
It is a bit annoying that every several turns I have this "global warming" (althought i haven't been using IBCM's or nuclear power plants)

Thanks for replay and sorry for my english :)

Thier are other buildings and other reasons other than ibcm and nuclear power plants that cause "global warming" on the planet lol

One more things, this is a great mod. But I'm having a hard to believing that anyone can play this mod on huge or gigantic maps? I'm using a E8500 @ 3.7GHZ and 4 gigs or ram with vista 64 and still get crashes when i scroll outward to see the whole planet in later era's? Anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

Thier are other buildings and other reasons other than ibcm and nuclear power plants that cause "global warming" on the planet lol

OK, but how to disable this effect?

One more things, this is a great mod. But I'm having a hard to believing that anyone can play this mod on huge or gigantic maps? I'm using a E8500 @ 3.7GHZ and 4 gigs or ram with vista 64 and still get crashes when i scroll outward to see the whole planet in later era's? Anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

I'm playing this mod on gigantic map, and everything is ok. I don't have any crashes. I have also E8500 but without overcloacking, 4Gb RAM, Vista 64 and 9800GX2. I have ended game in this size of map 3 times - without any problems with crashing

Patch v2.31 released:

Download Rise of Mankind patch v2.3->2.31

Version 2.31
Spoiler :

Python
------
- Changed: pickle optimization (should reduce wait time between turns)
- Fixed: Fluyt was mispelled in CvRandomEventInterface

Promotions
----------
- Fixed: Air refuel was 2 times defined, removed duplicate

Mod components
--------------
- DLL Updated: Better BTS AI 0.36
- DLL Updated: Dresdon's unofficial BTS Solver patch 0.19.1

Units
-----
- Fixed: Great General can no longer force build national wonders but it can still build the same wonders when requirements are met
- Changed: Caravel units no longer have RESERVE_SEA AI option, this should limit AI players from building too many of these units
- Fixed: Arabian War Elephant graphics switched back to Middle East War Elephant, unit buttons should work now normally

The included DLL also supports Super Spies mod component's functions but you'll have to wait for v2.32 patch for those Spy promotions as I need more testing time for that system.

I suppose 2.3 savegame works after patching to 2.31? :)
Haven't tested but it's possible that they still work as this patch doesn't make huge xml changes.

Ehm..this wont fix the end game CTDs
There's no fix for them in this patch as it's still unsolved what exactly causes them (ie. CTDs caused by other reasons than MAFs). I haven't been able to mod at all for several weeks now but I'll get back home tomorrow and then I'll have more time to spend with modding again.

Why is that Barbarian State and Minor Nations leader looks like Sid Meier? :confused:
Wasn't it like that in regular BtS? I do remember seeing Sid's face in the game but I certainly haven't enabled it in this mod so it must have been there always :lol:

Thanks for the patch Zappara, I have cured my CTDs anyway so this bug fixes are most welcome.
Btw it's sad to see how many people can't really bother to read the thread here before posting. ;)

Top Bottom