[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

could anyone explain me what it means by "1 :) per 20% :culture: is?
if a city is producing 50 culture, that would be 10 :)?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question... but what is the counter for the Templar Knight?

That particular Knight comes SIGNIFICANTLY earlier than the era of gunpowder, and whats more, they are STILL stronger than Arquebuses! (11.25 strength, vs. 12)

Pikemen are laughably weak against them (9 strength, vs. 12), and if it wasn't for the fact that my Pikemen (The Holy Roman UU) were in a city with 86% city defence, then I would be dead right about now... even as it was, an army only twice the hammer size of mine, after being smashed to bits with my auto-firing trebs and catapults, still managed to kill nearly a quarter of my army (Before being picked apart)

The 3 units I can imagine are counters to them are (Assuming the TK are attacking, figures in brackets are values if they are attacking a city):

*Pikemen (9 (10.8) vs. 12): Similar era, but still weaker...
*War Elephants. (9 (9.9) vs. 12): These guys come miles earlier, and lose the +50% vs. melle TK have... but don't get defence bonuses...
* Arquebus': These guys come after TK... but still only pull off (11.5 (12.4) vs. 12). Meaning they are *marginally* better in cities, but not significantly so. The +25% is just too small. They also require sulphur.
* Longbows: (4.8 (9.9) vs. 12): Again, much earlier, but more available.

[Edit]Found my answer... Heavy Pikemen (Available with Political Philosophy). They are still quite weak, but thankfully, they are 13.5 vs 12 (14.4 vs. 12 when defending in cities)... which is... enough.[/Edit]

The +50% Templar Knights get vs. melee make pikes... mostly useless against them... the only sure-fire way to defend against them pre-Heavy Pikemen, is to hole up in your city, and let the Templar Knights get damaged from Oppertunity fire...

Hmm, maybe give the longbowmen a significant bonus vs. knights? You could even introduce a new tech, bodkin arrows. Used en masse they where extremely effective vs. heavily armored enemies, and should give as much as a 100% bonus vs. knights (and their substituts) only.

Is it intentional that Golden Ages in epic speed are only 10 turns? I found that miserably short. Otherwise good mod. Gotta play religious next time to foll around with civics a bit ;-).

golden ages in epic are only 10 turns in standard BTS. i only play epic are they longer in RoM2 for the other speeds?

When I start the game,following components on/of,four of them are RED...StartsAsMinors,Stack Attack,Battle Effect,Archer Bombard.Is something wrong?
And what shall I do to load Rise of Mankind 2 mod everytime when i start BTS.

Hi all!

OMG! I love this mod (2.502beta) but MAF is often problem! What can i do with this? I play Giant map with 10 enemy nations. In modern age will be MAF problem (but not always) :(((

INCREDIBLE! Loaded Rom 2.4 w/2.41 and so far so good. I've been putzing w/RoM 2.0 so this is a huge re-learning curve. Not sure where to start so I loaded Rome on a Large map - I'm fearing crashing issues on anything bigger but I'm so tempted to go to the next size up (Giant?). Love the new graphics, but I wish that tribal huts were easier to see in a forrest (I walk right passed some of them); as well as the coastal seas and desserts (maybe a bit lighter shade?). I went straight for Monotheism to get Judaism and got it; then Oracle; then my fisrt new city; sent a Jew there to spread, then a Trader (?) to help build a wall. All looks happy, but am on the lookout for trouble (Revolution/unhappiness). Love the fact that I can build a Spearman w/o Copper, great new feature.

Q. If any other religion spreads to one of my cities, do I need to eradicate/purge it? And if so, how would I do this?

Best regards to Zap and ALL WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE!

Somewhere I noticed a thread for Civics development - not sure where (?)

Love the changes, counterchanges, and possible future changes. If not already considered, I wonder if there is a way to incorporate a way to factor in the extremes of Centralized to De-centralized but in this fashion: In a totally de-centralized state (ie Confederation, City States, or weakened Monarchy with Dukedoms), the other cities beyond the capital would do their own thing. Maybe build what they want to build (AI?) within parameters and move some units on their own. Havn't thought it all through, but the gist is that a player would lose control of some functions in those cities, the more de-centralized a state was. For example in a weakened monarchy, the King did not control all the army - the Barons/Dukes of the territories controlled them and they in turn swore loyalty to the King, and sent forces in time of War. Not sure how this would work. Spreading the King's sovereignty (or the Central Govt's authority) to the other cities would then become paramount.

Regardless - great mod 2.41 and kudos to all!

Quick comment:

The Hittite (I think...) UU is overpowered. As I am 90% chance to be wrong about the civ, I am talking about the calvalry UU with

15 :strength: 2 :movement:
+50% vs. Seige
Flank attack vs. Cannon and below
Attacks Seige first outside cities.

If it were up to me, I would nerf this (creative!) unit, to just 9 (!) strength.

The ability to entirely wipe out an offensive forces seige units is just insane... you try attacking a 60% cultural defence city without seige!!

9 strength will give it 11.25 strength vs. cannon (Which is enough, when you remember about flanking). As is, this unit can take on ARTILLERY and still be obscenely powerful. It's range lasts from Bombards to Artillery... which is impressive. Reducing it's strength like this will mean that it only lasts until the age of cannon is over...

That said, that is a very creative unit, and I like it :goodjob: Much better than the BtS Ballista Elephant!

Quick comment:

The Hittite (I think...) UU is overpowered.

There are a number of overpowered UUs, such as Landsknecht (from my personal experience.) Since UUs are meant to be stronger I think it is OK, though, I really don't know what UU you are talking about :confused: I don't mean offense but I'm sure you could have spared a minute before posting to let us know which unit you are talking about.:)

To Zappara,
I wonder if you have ever thought of including "financial derivative" as a tech. Financial derivatives have literally multiplied the amount of wealth on earth and it had a significant impact on the economic success of the western world. It's very intangible technology but it had such a huge impact on our civilization that I hope you would give it at least a few consideration.

Did something change with workers ? Just downloaded the 1.4 -> 1.5.x beta and my workers no longer can build roads (Playing as holy roman empire)

Did something change with workers ? Just downloaded the 1.4 -> 1.5.x beta and my workers no longer can build roads (Playing as holy roman empire)
Roads cost 2 gold so you'll have to plan a bit where to put roads in early game ;)

I started playing Egyptians yesterday, but looking at the tech tree I recognized that there once great UU is close to useless. Same goes for Persia iirc. You have too research AH + Chariotry whilst the counter unit is available with as first row or even starting tech. You can even upgrade your starting warrior in a minute. :eek:

@zappara: You probably already know this but if you install the more civs mod it breaks 2.5 :) (to the point it doesn't even load :)

Top Bottom