[BtS] Rise of Mankind

I think Nuclear fallout is overdone - I used three nukes, and had fallout appearing all over my empire for decades. Can it at least fall as 'fallout' rather than desertification?

I have to disagree .. in real life fallout is lasting a long long time, especially with modern high yields nukes (as opposed to the crappy ones in WWII) .. hell look at Chernobyl or any of the nuclear test ranges. If it was up to me I would make Fallout last even longer (10 to 15 turns). I also agree with the desertification.

I was struggling with the memory allocation error and I found playing in window mode will reduce time you wait for CPU to proces, and reduces the chance you get memory allocation error and shuts down the program. also reducing graphic quality has a significant effect too.

Rise of Mankind 2.0beta test started. :)

If you want to try beta version see the thread above for download link. Please keep beta discussion also in that thread only so I can keep track of founded issues/bugs easier.

am I totally mistaken or have I seen RoM 2.0 somewhere on this forum and am now just to stupid to find it? Or do I have to get some holidays, since I apparently have hallucinations?

am I totally mistaken or have I seen RoM 2.0 somewhere on this forum and am now just to stupid to find it? Or do I have to get some holidays, since I apparently have hallucinations?
You're not totally mistaken. 2.0 is currently on beta test phase and if you wish to try it you can check Rise of Mankind 2.0beta - thread.

Thanks zappara this is a real nice mod, i have played a few games now and i love it

however i found that whenever i upgrade my units, their exp. point dropped back to 10, also universal antidote and contracting still suffer:mad: when the AI are in emancipation/public health care

awesome mod really, but do you know if there is a way to have more than 18 civs using your mod and a custom generated map, I mean without loading another mod ? thx ahead.

You can get DLL file that adds support for 34 Civs from here. Download Alternate Build (V4.0e) ie. the last download link on 1st post. Unzip it somewhere and then copy CvGameCoreDLL.dll to ..\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets -folder (overwrite old DLL file if it asks for it). Now you can play custom game / custom scenarios in Rise of Mankind with more than 18 civs.

For Rise of Mankind 2.0 I've included support for 34 Civs and there is also Huge Earth map included with 28 preset Civs. See the 2.0beta thread. At this time no other custom scenarios have been made yet (maybe someone will make few ;)).

With the largest map sizes it just takes too long to move all those workers around. (I hate automating them).

zappara

I was just wondering would it be possible for me to switch off Global Warming without ruining the mod? I tried the usual way and either it dosn't work at all or causes CTD.

Hi, when I start a game and select my setler I cant see the icon to build a city but I can use hotkeys to do it. how can i get the icons to show up? :D

zappara

I was just wondering would it be possible for me to switch off Global Warming without ruining the mod? I tried the usual way and either it dosn't work at all or causes CTD.
Not sure if that is possible. Haven't checked ever how Global Warming is defined so don't know answer...

Hi, when I start a game and select my setler I cant see the icon to build a city but I can use hotkeys to do it. how can i get the icons to show up? :D
Unzip the following attachment to folder "..Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Python\INIParser\" and overwrite the old CvPath.py when it asks for it. Let me know if this doesn't solve your problem.

Attachments

• CvPath.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 377
@Zapparra

I found a gitch in 1.0.3 concerning the ATS unit that replaces Humvees in the future age. Whenever I try to fortify the unit it does not cycle to the next one, but instead it stays there until I press Skip Turn. As a result I have to hit Skip Turn every turn for these units making them a real nuisance since upgraded 20-something Humvees. It also seems to mess up the city screen if you go into it while a ATS is selected.

@Lomion

Fallout is overdone. On my game 3 cities got nuked on the opposite side of the map from my empire, and I've already had 4 cases of fallout in the following 8 turns. I wasn't even the one that did the nuking, that's what's really annoying:mad:

Attachments

• Unlimited-Am1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    910.6 KB · Views: 92
I think algorithm for fallout should be changed to affect nearby tiles instead of somewhere on the opposite side of the planet. while it is true that the effects of nuclear explosion can be planet-scale, one or two isn't enough. however fallout could be carried by a wind, so it makes sense to affect adjacent tiles. if you want to make fallout to occur on the opposite side of the planet perhaps you want to set a trigger to 20 explosions or something.

@Zapparra

I found a gitch in 1.0.3 concerning the ATS unit that replaces Humvees in the future age. Whenever I try to fortify the unit it does not cycle to the next one, but instead it stays there until I press Skip Turn. As a result I have to hit Skip Turn every turn for these units making them a real nuisance since upgraded 20-something Humvees. It also seems to mess up the city screen if you go into it while a ATS is selected.
This might be the same bug as with couple units in RoM2. Don't know exactly what is causing it but I think it's the animation files for that unit. Tried to search here on forums for this unit's thread but couldn't see it anywhere. So I couldn't check what animation files it was suppose to use. If I can't find the animation info, I'll probably have to swap graphics for these units to fix this bug.

Top Bottom