[BUG] Civ not properly defeated / unable to liberate

SatanasOz

Chieftain
In my recent game I encountered a not properly defeated Siam. I'll add two saves to explain:

The first save is 1/2 turns before Siam defeated. His first 2 cities (capital + Si Satch...) got taken by the Iroquois. After you capture the last city, Siams defeat message pops up.

Several turns later, I saw this weird message which I should have taken a screenshot form, but anyway. There was a "declaration of war" message with the symbols of Siam an Japan. The text red that "japan has declared war on !" exactly like this, with the whom it was declared on text missing.

Some time later, I got attacked by the Iroquois (and Japan, but unimportant) and went to war with him. I captured his first city, witch was once siams second city, but got only the three standard options (sorry, no save or screen either).

The second is right before taking the old Siam capital from the Iroquois. As you can see in the screen, there is no "Liberate" option - but as you can also see in the diplomacy overview, Siam is not around. Therefor there should be the liberate option.

Spoiler :

Maybe there is some Siam city around wich I don't see, but then there should be better feedback about it - the way it stands is that i am stuck with a city I don't want :p

Spoiler :

EDIT: Sorry, the version is 1.0.0.20 (Boxed [the black one :p], non-digital deluxe)

Attachments

• Ghandi_2.Civ5Save
    927.2 KB · Views: 96
  • liberate_bug_test.Civ5Save
    956 KB · Views: 101
  • civbug8.jpg
    civbug8.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 248
  • civbug9.jpg
    civbug9.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 252
Ok, it bothered me a bit to seem that lazy. I did the few turns from the first save up to the point were Obu declares on Ghost-Siam. As a bonus, there is another save with the message active.

To recreate, just load the first save posted above, kill siam above an hit end turn until Turn 145

Attachments

• civbug10.jpg
    civbug10.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 232
  • declare-bug.Civ5Save
    947.4 KB · Views: 69
You can't liberate any of the original capitals ... don't ask me why, probably has something to do with the conquest win and AI

The war on the ghost ... well, I've seen it as well. Can't explain why it happens.

You can't liberate any of the original capitals ... don't ask me why, probably has something to do with the conquest win and AI

I have never heard of such a problem. Do you have a link or save?

It still is not the point here. The option to liberate wasn't there for the other (Siams 2nd) city either. And, as far as i know, as long as a civ is dead, you get a chance to liberate them every time you conquer one of their original cities.

I've only seen the liberate option when I captured a city (e.g. Beijing when China had long been conquered) that was a former capital. I had captured multiple other former Chinese cities prior to that and never got the liberate option.

And I did notice that ghost message too at one point; I got like 6 messages about "!" - I forgot when or how sorry, but I'll post it in a future game if I see it again.

Was you that gave the killing blow on siam? If so, I don't think you can liberate them.
Otherwise you should be able to liberate them by taking any city that used to be theirs, not necessarily the capital.

Complaint #536: there should be a way to see whether a city was a previous capital like you can with conquered city states. Some are obvious - Washington, Beijing, Kyoto, etc. Some aren't - there's not exactly a Bangkok, for example.

Was you that gave the killing blow on siam? If so, I don't think you can liberate them.

Yes it was me, as described above. Why should it not be allowed to defeat and then liberate a civ?

Otherwise you should be able to liberate them by taking any city that used to be theirs, not necessarily the capital.

I know that, it didn't happen, as I described in my first post. That is the BUG that I am complaining about ;)

Could someone please load the saves and confirm this behavior?

Could you explain that, Do you have a link?

And should i report this as 2 bugs, Japan attacking a ghost civ and liberating broken or is it ok like this?

Short explanation:
If you ask a civ to go to war with you on another civ, there is the option to say "I need 10 turns to prepare" (or similar).
If you wipe out your enemy before the 10 turns are over, the other civ you asked for help will still declare war on it.

So a part of this bug is known, but it seems that the diplomacy options are not reseted after liberating a civ, but this could be intentional.

Short explanation:
If you ask a civ to go to war with you on another civ, there is the option to say "I need 10 turns to prepare" (or similar).
If you wipe out your enemy before the 10 turns are over, the other civ you asked for help will still declare war on it.

Ok, then this part is another confirmation of a known bug. But it was just another weirdness I thought could explain the core problem.

So a part of this bug is known, but it seems that the diplomacy options are not reseted after liberating a civ, but this could be intentional.

No, there was no liberation. That is the whole problem. In short:

1. Iroquois and me wipe out Siam (with me serving the final blow).
  2. I raze the last city of Siam (current capital)
  3. I attack Iroquois and re-capture the 2 Siam cities, including their old capital
  4. liberate option is missing with both cities captured

Top Bottom