1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BUG Hunting

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by ruff_hi, Jul 8, 2008.

1. mystyfly

mystyfly Knight of Cydonia

Thank you sir :salute:

2. Liquidated

Liquidated Goofed Up on Cough Syrup!

my bad, It was a whopping 2 megs of server space compared to 8 megs of total SG saves hehe. since it had 2 views on it I figured you had grabbed it seeing as I cannot fathom why anyone else wold want it :lol:

Cheers!
    -Liq

3. mystyfly

I understand this. I was (mistakenly) under the impression ruff would play first (must be the roster he posted) so I didn't download the package as my harddisk space is really limited...

I couldn't play this far. I played a few turns but forgot to save every turn :hammer2:, this is very unusual. I'll play in ~12 hrs though.

4. Liquidated

well ruff set us up the bomb I must admit hehe. Worker spent half the turnset sitting there while we chased the stoneless henge :lol:

if you want to half way play this sorta seriously let me know :)

Cheers!
    -Liq

5. mystyfly

I'd love to :rolleyes:

I played 20 turns, till turn 80.

Glanced at the settings. Note to self: Tell this ruff dude my laptop can't handle huge maps. Oh well..

Another note to self: Tell this ruff dude that I played with the official release 3.0 and ask whether it's oke.

Notes to self while playing: Archipelago maps are boring, esp on epic. Tell liq dude I built two WBs to scout. Didn't meet neighbors. Tell him to stop prechopping. Tell him we have copper on our starting island. Tell him settler is due in a couple of turns. BW finished > sailing. No idea what to build from now on. Settlers to mass spam cities once galleys are built?

Also tell this ruff dude that it's possible I forgot to save one or the other turn. Also add that there was no CTD so far when opening the turn log.

Please say when I can clear that zip from my space - I'm running short.

View attachment BUGHunt saves till turn 80.zip

6. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

I've got it - report soon. you can remove that zip file. No vanilla BtS CTD yet. Are you guys using reminders, alerts, etc?

7. mystyfly

I have everything turned on but didn't use reminders so far.

RE reminders, am I right that the reminder is removed if I reload CIV? I think I once had some sort of crash and opened again and the reminder was gone. I think I also missed one once when I played on sometime later, closing civ willingly. I know, it doesn't seem like I really NEED them :lol:

8. ruff_hi

Teched sailing and the wheel (now our worker has a default action instead of just looking at the water). The very very first turn ... met an AI: Pacal II of the Native Americans. And on turn 83, met another: Frederick of the Maliese.

Had a forest fire event that cost us 10g but saved the forest. And had lots of fun for a triple death settler whip - currently growing back :D. On turn 101, Bede declared that we where 'the Fine' with regards to Culture (3rd!).

And would you believe it ... I didn't save when I quit the game :duh:. Here is the latest auto-save that I have.

Roster
    Liq

Attached Files:

9. ruff_hi

The reminder should be saved with the save. That is one thing that I would like to test.

10. mystyfly

So, liq, expect a message like "Hi there, hope you have fun!" on t1 :lol:

BTW where are those AIs?

11. Liquidated

oh you have no idea the hijinks liq plans with reminders :lol:

Tho you letting the cat out of the bag kinda spoils it.:p

have to head out in a bit so expect the turn around in 12ish.

Why a huge map :eek:

Cheers!
    -Liq

12. ruff_hi

pacal is to the E, Freddie to the W.

13. alerum68

alerum68 Priest of Hiroshima

Ruff, did you have someone start a game using BUG too? I may have missed it, but I think it's when games are created with BUG that it was causing the problem.

14. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

I've had LK series games suffer the corrupted log with CTD. I don't even have BUG installed. Starting with BUG isn't the problem...

15. Liquidated

Basic problem is that there's a ton of idiots out there using way outdated bug versions such that no matter how clean the latest version is, someone is gonna cart out a bad BUG and sour the name all over again.

Might want to rename the eventual clean BUG (liq is an optimist) like BUG+ or BUGS or wtf ever so an SG host can clearly state no old bug versions.

Anyway, Liq is a huge fan of BUG as it really helps one keep track of so many mm prone areas of the game and really does make you focus more on important details.

Cheers!
    -Liq

16. mystyfly

I think not going from v2.3 to v2.5 or so but to v3.0 should do. I don't really know how you determine the numbering.

@LK: I'm pretty sure when you got problems with BUG, the current version was the one pre-2.3 and the CTD was supposed to be fixed later I think.

17. ruff_hi

no - I'm pretty sure the in-game log CTD bug was still in 2.3. We ran a SG to test it and it stilled showed up.

18. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

It was a pure 2.30 install that gave the CTD? Remember that the CTD was somehow linked to the "many colors" XML ( right? ) and that file will not be removed by a simple 2.30 install over the older version of BUG.

19. ruff_hi

That is a good point. We really must insist on a clean customassets pre install.

I'll put that file back and see if I can create the crash.

Edit: does anyone have a copy of the offending file?

20. Liquidated

ok something came up such that really not a ton of time to spam the photo shop

we met vicky real close sw of us and uh one of the brown civs to the SE. :lol: met Bismark way to the SW as well. Lot of effing Europeans hehe.

Assumed it was pascal then realized there's two brown civs hehe.

Oracle was built in a far away land etc think they took mc and our surrounding land is nil. Our starting area is completely delimited by ocean from 9 o clock clockwise to about 4 o clock. To add insult, most of the islands we do see are super fragmented. There's an area to the west that needs scouting and probably colonization if only deny it to vicky but well I barely managed to pop a bloody settler hehe.

I made sure to call back the galley but it got some scouting done before being needed back.

Forgot to manually save 2 turns as that workboat scouting was getting exciting!!!!

This would have been a really ugly game on a real difficulty hehe.

No whip anger btw!

Cheers!
    -Liq