Bug Report

poderpil100 said:
Be sure to use the latest updates (posted here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=163217&package_id=185640&release_id=443112)
This should solve most of the bugs, that has occured in this gr8 mod ;)

Patch 2.1.3 worked fine for some time. But on the turn finishing Lindberg's flight - another crash:( . I took a look into CIV4BuildingInfos.xml and replaced inside the "Lindberg" tag
ART_DEF_BUILDING_SHINTO_TEMPLE (or _SHRINE:confused: - just forgot it...)
by
ART_DEF_BUILDING_CONFUCIAN_TEMPLE
as I wasn't able to find the "SHINTO" string in any other of the xmls, and the crash vanished. Maybe you could fix this with the next patch.

alb

after very busy week i am back and can continue on mod ( i hope )
so now it is time for answers:

@RickAucoin, storm6436
this look like problem with direct2drive version of warlords: can you send your registry keys related to this instalation? (because i don't have d2d version, i cant' test installer for this - in vanilla civ there was same values for D2D and DVD version)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Warlords - there is install path and game version (if you install game for all users)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Warlords - version of game if you install game only for current user

@mrmistophelees, poderpil100
it is my mistake - i forget to update this part of code when optimizing other...
will be updated in next patch/release

@alb
this part was taken from rogerBacon flying mod and it was not checked - will be updated, thank you for report

@phobos_mk1
EDIT: :)

Sent the requested key to bugs.totalrealism (at) gmail

Hopefully it's something easy in the installer. Only reason I got Warlords at all was because at that time it looked like the non-crashing Total Realism mod would be working on it before the vanilla version, lol.

RickAucoin said:
Sent the requested key to bugs.totalrealism (at) gmail

Hopefully it's something easy in the installer. Only reason I got Warlords at all was because at that time it looked like the non-crashing Total Realism mod would be working on it before the vanilla version, lol.
hmm..this look like D2D version is set to 2.00 - so until new version of installer, please create key in registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Warlords\1.00.0000
this is checked in TR installer

Mexico said:
hmm..this look like D2D version is set to 2.00 - so until new version of installer, please create key in registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Warlords\1.00.0000
this is checked in TR installer

Hahah, that's some funny stuff. What's sad is that I'm at work now... what's more sad is I have Civ4+warlords+TR on this laptop for "emergency use" ... lol. Will throw it on here and see how it works.

install hacked out... going to kill the reg key when I'm done to prevent any kind of patching mixup

I'm not sure if this is the right thread,but first you guys did a great job on this mod. I just have a ? about the siege units they seem very strong I was able to almost wipe out all units in a city with one shot I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Technically this is the wrong thread, but the rules around here sem to be pretty lax...

Are you using warlords or the vanilla (normal) version?

WarKirby

WarKirby said:
Technically this is the wrong thread, but the rules around here sem to be pretty lax...

Are you using warlords or the vanilla (normal) version?

WarKirby
Thanks Warkirby
I'm using vanilla with 2.1.3 but I just downloaded the warlords mod.

WarKirby said:
You need warlords to play it. Do you have that?
Yes I have the warlords expansion I'm playing a game with the warlords beta TR mod.I've noticed one thing so far I can't stop city production so I've been deleting the units.

CTD problem in the Warlords version. Can't tell what caused it, but after CTD during a "waiting for other civilizations" turn wait, if I try to launch Civ with the Civilization 4 Warlords with Total Realism for Warlords 2.0 desktop shortcut, it crashes After it brings up the initial status screen where it normally would show "Loading XML" and whatnot. Bang, program terminates.

RickAucoin said:
CTD problem in the Warlords version. Can't tell what caused it, but after CTD during a "waiting for other civilizations" turn wait, if I try to launch Civ with the Civilization 4 Warlords with Total Realism for Warlords 2.0 desktop shortcut, it crashes After it brings up the initial status screen where it normally would show "Loading XML" and whatnot. Bang, program terminates.

Someone helped me with this awhile back and this is the information given to me. This seems to work for me when I have a crash to the system. Hope it helps you.

Delete Folder \MyDocuments\MyGames\Civilization4\Custom Assets\ or something like that. Next time you look at it the Folder and Sub folders will be there again but with no files. You probably should also delete everything inside \MyDocuments\MyGames\Civilization4\Mods\ and you should clear Cache, found on C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\MyGames\Civilization4\Cache or something similar.

This was for the Civ4 TR MOD.....I had the same thing happen in Warlords and I subsituted the warlords directory instead of the civilization4 directory.

hey guys.

just started playin total realism a few days ago, everything went fine with my arab empire, and then suddenly at turn .... guess 380 or something, when i finish the turn the game crashes

.... any glue???

by the way ... one thing was strange. when i was hacking my way through east and southern africa i constantly got attacked by german axeman???? i guess it shouldn't be that way? german's are supposed to be in germany .....

Greedy_Raccoon said:
by the way ... one thing was strange. when i was hacking my way through east and southern africa i constantly got attacked by german axeman???? i guess it shouldn't be that way? german's are supposed to be in germany .....

more likely he was exploring, AI does have units that are exploring. since you were at war with germany, he was likely redirected towards your units in south africa.

or maybe the axeman was taking a nice warm break.:lol:
war is tough:lol:

With the total realism beta2. I was "browsing" the collection of units. I was basically entering worldbuilder and laying them across the map. I crashed with one of the infantry units. I am not sure which one though, but maybe you could check it out.

Wow houman you added alot of ethnic units:goodjob:

Top Bottom