Bug Report

Infinite loop happens after ending turn. Latest SVN (5234)

Attachments

• kinkk AD-1671-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4 MB · Views: 169
Same thing happens again, ending turn -> infinite loop (turn won't end). 5234. (different game)

Attachments

• kinkk AD-1402.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 262
5234, game crashes after ending a turn. (Early game..)

Attachments

• kinkk BC-1030.CivBeyondSwordSave
    659.8 KB · Views: 173
CivEikka, thanks again for posting those! Sorry for taking so long to have a look at them, but I had no technical possibility of doing so until I was finished with the recent commit. So, regarding the saves you posted:

1) This is a vanilla Civ 4 bug with unit grouping. I can't fix the bug itself, but I fixed the save for you, so you can continue it if you want to (just keep the same revision).
2) Couldn't figure out the exact problem with this one. Narrowed as far as Austrian rebel civ, but without wiping it out completely, I couldn't fix the infinite loop.
3) This one allowed me to fix a bug (or rather a peculiarity - it should work as intended, but there's something strange in Civ 4 engine) in BarbCiv. You can continue this save with the same revision without a CTD if you use the python file attached (obviously it will be incorporated into the next revision, but it will be incompatible with 5234 that way).

Attachments

• fixed stuff.7z
    3.2 MB · Views: 179
CivEikka, thanks again for posting those! Sorry for taking so long to have a look at them, but I had no technical possibility of doing so until I was finished with the recent commit. So, regarding the saves you posted:

1) This is a vanilla Civ 4 bug with unit grouping. I can't fix the bug itself, but I fixed the save for you, so you can continue it if you want to (just keep the same revision).
2) Couldn't figure out the exact problem with this one. Narrowed as far as Austrian rebel civ, but without wiping it out completely, I couldn't fix the infinite loop.
3) This one allowed me to fix a bug (or rather a peculiarity - it should work as intended, but there's something strange in Civ 4 engine) in BarbCiv. You can continue this save with the same revision without a CTD if you use the python file attached (obviously it will be incorporated into the next revision, but it will be incompatible with 5234 that way).
Forgot to thank you.

About a new bug(s?)
There is some minor bug relating to forts. As I am attacking Persia/France (alliance) there was units sitting in a fort, with immortal unit. (1900-save, inlcuding autosave aswell..) After destroying the fort with missile, the fort bonuses stay still.
Also another thing. It seems that the unit cycling does not work properly, (I've noticed it works sometimes, other times it does not work). I have not changed any settings. Only way to end turn is to press shift-enter.
Newest revision 5241

Attachments

• kinkk AD-1900-April.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 194
  • AutoSave_AD-1899-July.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 177
Revision 5242

As seen from pictures, I can declare war against franks, even though they're dead. I do not know what happens, so I do not dare to declare war against [].
May not be a bug, but interesting nontheless.

Attachments

• kinkk BC-1270franks.CivBeyondSwordSave
    529.7 KB · Views: 106
  • franks1.PNG
    franks1.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 199
  • franks2.PNG
    franks2.PNG
    2.9 MB · Views: 175
Hello, I've got a potential bug to report. I was using some of the RI artwork for my personal mod. The French Infantry unit caused a crash. When I looked at the Art Define file I saw that this unit has a comma at the beginning in the button entry.

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_INFANTRY_FRANCE</Type>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/infantry_ww2_france.dds</Button>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/Unique/France/French_infantry/Infantry_fx.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Unique/France/French_infantry/Infantry_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>0.9</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

Forgot to thank you.

About a new bug(s?)
There is some minor bug relating to forts. As I am attacking Persia/France (alliance) there was units sitting in a fort, with immortal unit. (1900-save, inlcuding autosave aswell..) After destroying the fort with missile, the fort bonuses stay still.
Also another thing. It seems that the unit cycling does not work properly, (I've noticed it works sometimes, other times it does not work). I have not changed any settings. Only way to end turn is to press shift-enter.
Newest revision 5241

The fort thing I can't really hope to solve on myself, unfortunately. Thankfully, it's a rather late-game situation, and not very game-breaking. As for unit cycling, I'm not even sure if it isn't a vanilla bug.

Revision 5242

As seen from pictures, I can declare war against franks, even though they're dead. I do not know what happens, so I do not dare to declare war against [].
May not be a bug, but interesting nontheless.

Well, it is kind of a bug, but since it can only be invoked intentionally, I feel fixing it isn't very urgent. And yes, I tested the save, and you can declare a war on a dead civ. I'm not sure if it counts for you being at war for the purposes of war weariness, but my bet would be on not - as I know the game generally doesn't clear the diplomacy of a dead civ. So technically you're perpetually at war with every civ you ever destroyed in a war.

Hello, I've got a potential bug to report. I was using some of the RI artwork for my personal mod. The French Infantry unit caused a crash. When I looked at the Art Define file I saw that this unit has a comma at the beginning in the button entry.

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_INFANTRY_FRANCE</Type>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/infantry_ww2_france.dds</Button>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/Unique/France/French_infantry/Infantry_fx.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/infantry/Infantry.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Unique/France/French_infantry/Infantry_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>0.9</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

Eh, the Civ 4 engine doesn't care too much about these commas. They're quite plentiful in vanilla Civ 4, and they are definitely not crash-worthy. So your crash is likely happening due to some other reason, such as a typo in an ART_DEFINE elsewhere. I'd recommend CivChecker - it's great for hunting those.

Eh, the Civ 4 engine doesn't care too much about these commas. They're quite plentiful in vanilla Civ 4, and they are definitely not crash-worthy. So your crash is likely happening due to some other reason, such as a typo in an ART_DEFINE elsewhere. I'd recommend CivChecker - it's great for hunting those.

Ok, thanks. I will say that removing the comma fixed my crashes. With the comma, the offscreen unit icon was pink in world builder tests and crashed the regular game. I noticed other modded buttons did not have the preceding comma. I’m just a guy mucking around with xml mods, I don’t know much about the underlying code :lol:

Yup, just check the basic (and obviously working) ART_DEF_UNIT_WARRIOR for an example of a comma. I don't know why, but it seems to work in some entries. But glad you could fix your issue!

Latest svn 5269. (autosave from turn before) text says ge, but I get gm.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-0624.CivBeyondSwordSave
    854.4 KB · Views: 251
  • GE-GM bug.PNG
    GE-GM bug.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 335
5282, can't attack barbs for some reason.

Attachments

• cant_fight_barbs.PNG
    cant_fight_barbs.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 342
  • kinkk AD-1583-July.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.5 MB · Views: 283
5282, can't attack barbs for some reason.
This bug affects the serfdom/slavery rebels, as rebel slaves/serfs just teleport away. So I made peace with barbarians, by them getting a big juicy city in another continent => barbarian cant get to get a new civ => the barbarian itself is a civ which has no leader => only way to war with barbarians again is to search barbarian CITY and then attack it.

In other words, barbarian is a civ without leader.

3.5 or SVN?
SVN, rev5282

Edit: seperate issue, same version:
Getting a text issue in combat odds listing. I'm trying to attack a Kensei (japanese unique unit, the sword saint), who has a +100% defense against gunpowder units, with a gunpowder unit (african irreg). The combat odds show it as a bonus against melee instead of gunpowder.

Last edited:
Hi again.

Been a while since my last RI game, but actively spectated development and now had time to start a new game with 3.5 being almost out. Great work!

Playing as Roman on world map large with monarch difficulty in warmongering style:
Really awesome entertaining game so far. Everything seems well balanced and working properly. KI is strong and allows no severe mistakes^^ The game is very dynamic and you have to plan your approach carefully to succeed.

Miserably I've encountered a bug with Monasticism civics enabled:
I cannot build missionaries in my cities (state religion present, even in holy city, no monastry build in city). If I remember correctly this used to work before...but can't be sure because in other games I always build monastries first.

I can look for the bug myself if you give me a hint on where to start :D

Oh, I did not realize it has been released officially. Need to check the forums more often :)

Currently I'm on SVN r5282. Thanks for your support!

EDIT:
Damn, I did not research respective tech which enables the missionary unit itself.
Sorry for all the trouble. Everything fine :)

Attachments

• test2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Top Bottom