Bug Report

Again, please try answering the questions I asked.

1) Does the size of the installer file match the one I posted?
2) Delete everything in Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/CustomAssets
3) Please try toggling all the graphical options in-game and see if it changes.
4) Please check if Mods/Realism Invictus/Assets/RealisticTerrain.FPK is present and is 53 189 976 bytes.
5) If none of the above helps, please try deleting the file from 4. See if it works without it.

Sorry :(

Here is the size I have for the file... 1.84 GB (1,983,601,158 bytes) installed... and it was (820,475,133 bytes) from the installer download file.

CustomAssests folder has been deleted (sadly had no effect).

I have tried everything in the options, was at this for an hour, no effect, I even turned off steam overlay, nothing.

Realistic Terrain FPK is there and is 53,189,976 bytes.

HOWEVER... deleting that file has reverted the textures back to the OG configurations and now it runs with basic old school textures!

upload_2018-2-6_9-30-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-6_9-19-55.png
    upload_2018-2-6_9-19-55.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 196
Yeah, for some reason it wasn't reading your terrain fpk file. Have you tried restoring it back and launching again? The fpk itself should work; it must be some quirk of Civ 4 engine at your side. But if it doesn't work, you can play with either vanilla terrain or you can now install Blue Marble or any other terrain pack to use along with RI.

I have reinstalled the mod clean download and deleted and restored the file, had no effect :/ I am just glad I can play it thought, this is one of the best mods out there, love what you had made! If I figure something out that works I will post back to share my findings because I know a number of other people have had this same issue sadly.

Your first screenshot actually looks very much like shader problems. I accidentally replicated the thing with white borders today when I broke the Civ 4 shader responsible for borders. You could also try updating your video drivers. I know it's kind of a generic advice, but still...

Well I did just update my drives the other day, maybe that broke it? But the old mod still works fine lol. I sadly don't know enough about the game on how to mess with the shader files to see whats going wrong and why its happening to me.

EDIT: Maybe an idea to try is pull the texture files out of the old version and put them in this one?

They are practically unchanged since the last version, only a few little changes here and there. So if you take them from there, they will definitely work with this version.

"Well I did just update my drives the other day, maybe that broke it?"

I think this is correct.
I posted that I had a problem like this 2 years ago. Sry, forgot to post what I found. It was the Nvidia drivers.
I went to their website and there were several posts all over their forums by people who used the Nvidia automatic driver updates and started having problems. I reverted to an older driver version and it went back to working fine again. Then I realized that effected other programs negatively. Torn between deciding which of 2 programs I wanted to work well and which I was going to sacrifice quality on, I got so frustrated, that I ended up buying a Radeon video card the R7360, and the problem never occurred again. Newer cards are probably even better.
I believe it ended up being some kind of conflict issue with AMD cards on Intel processors.
Since I had the Raydeon card (made by AMD) working perfectly, when my motherboard finally went on me after 17 years, I bought a new one, an AMD Ryzen 7 chip and 64gb of RAM. I haven't had a problem in this new configuration either.

Second turn after hitting end turn.

BugEventHandler CTD

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-1650.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
I can try updating and see if that resolves it.

Edit:
5174 immediately ctds on load.

Last edited:
Почему-то у меня не получается сохранить игру. Не путать с проблемой загрузкой сейвов, известную как проблему МАФ. У меня просто не создаются сохранения, когда я пытаюсь сохраниться, кидает на стартовый экран. Вальтер, подскажи пж)

Crashes on when pressing enter, about to research Barbed Wire.
Sucks, as it was pretty intense game so far.

Attachments

• kinkk AD-1811-July.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.3 MB · Views: 157
I don't really know why this type of CTD happens, but it occurs on naval combat. Simply deleting the ships in question prevents it. Here's the next turn save, everything is as you left it (except for a few Greek ships). Seems to work well afterwards.

Attachments

• kinkk AD-1812-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.3 MB · Views: 162
SVN crashes late game. I think it is the AI ships (again..). Latest SVN 5233. Game is pretty much in the bag, but if this bug can be solved, it's one less bug.
Crashes when I end turn..

Same thing (end turn and crash the game) happened turn before, but I was able to do diplomatic threats against AI (and sunk a ship with WB...) and after those things the game didn't crash turn before.

Attachments

• kinkk AD-1919-October.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3 MB · Views: 237
Thanks for providing those! It's a different bug in a different component, and if it weren't for you, they wouldn't be fixed (the ship bug was fixed for good a couple of SVN commits ago). This one is an elusive bug I've long been trying to catch in the Rev component, and I think I've nailed it for the upcoming revision (you should be able to continue your save without complications once you update).

Glad to be help for this mod.
If you want couple of turns save before the crash here it is. (Is there a possibility of two bugs).

Attachments

• kinkk AD-1919-July.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3 MB · Views: 154
Top Bottom