Bug Reporting

No, the control thing that alters the tilt and zoom that is not in the normal bug version.

BUG was already installed as a mod. I simply overwrote the files like the instructions said.

Ah yes, the Field of View slider. That works fine for me. The resource flags stick to the correct plots. I actually recommend uninstalling the previous BUG before installing a new version. You should be fine without doing that, but better safe than sorry I figure.

If you don't have anything else installed in CustomAssets, just delete the CA folder and install BUG anew.

zappara - Can you please give me more information? I've never gotten an error there with the Strategy Layer, and I just verified that it works with the city screen up (if that's a good thing, I dunno, but it doesn't break). Can you repeat it? If so, can you please post the steps to reproduce the problem?
I'll try to run few tests once I get home and try to repeat it and then write down the steps to reproduce it.

Now I've managed to merge SVN version to my RoM's next version but I have to admit that I had some problems with BugPath.py file again since it was different than in BUG 3.51 and the new version didn't seem to find the BUG's config xml files when it was loaded with the mod and not as custom assets. No problems though after I modified BugPath and added few more search path options there... though there is small bug in that file that you should fix: there's line Import CvModFolder and another line after that one but there wasn't such file included in the SVN rar. Noticed this when I got that code part triggered during loading. I think the line should be: Import CvModName (which holds modFolder string).

Sevopedia has few small bugs: unit combat lists should show Air range and air combat strength for air units instead of strength and move values. Building pedia page can not show requirement icon for corporation if building requires corporation (there's no such building in normal BtS but can be in mods ;)). And last bug was.. hmm, I think it was in improvement page: if improvement gets extra bonuses from route types, those are shown twice (if I recall it correctly, I had fixed this in RoM long time ago).

There's line Import CvModFolder and another line after that one but there wasn't such file included in the SVN rar.

The CvModFolder module was needed when you installed BUG as a mod, but that file should no longer be needed by the latest SVN. See this page for instructions about the module. It is located in the BUG Mod folder with the help files.

I'll take a look at the Sevopedia issues. Thanks for those.

The CvModFolder module was needed when you installed BUG as a mod, but that file should no longer be needed by the latest SVN. See this page for instructions about the module. It is located in the BUG Mod folder with the help files.
Ok, that explains it. Thanks for the link :)

One more thing, this time about those new max/min commerce rate buttons: When you're in city screen and the city has buildings which give happiness from culture (colosseum) and you increase culture rate there appears happy faces after the culture rate amount and with high rate + happiness faces the text element overlaps with the commerce change rate buttons.. Sorry I don't have now screenie that would explain it...

I noticed this. The only real suggestion I have is to remove the max / min buttons from the city screen.

Same and same.

@zappara - Would you mind creating a bug for these items in our Bug Tracker at the SF.net site in my sig so I don't forget these. I have a gazillion things on my plate right now.

Ok, I tested again strategyoverlay feature (BUG mod in custom assets and no other mod loaded) and here are the steps to reproduce the error:

1. build 1st city
2. go to city screen
3. hit alt+x to activate strategy overlay
4. Place one dot on city plots (see pic)
5. Move mouse pointer away from the plot and then back to it -> result is python error

Disabling and re-enabling strategy overlay has no effect. Python error occurs also on main screen when mouse pointer is moved to plot with red dot.

Edit: added bug reports to your Bug Tracker...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0099.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0099.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Civ4ScreenShot0100.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0100.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 103
  • Civ4ScreenShot0101.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0101.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 164
I also experienced a small error with the strategy layer: I put a cyan dot on the capital tile. When I toggeled the strategy layer again later, it was magenta :confused:. I didn't check any error log so far but will do that.

Also, is there a way that you can always see your dotmap without having "the layer active" meaning without the color bar on the left and the dot-maker thingie cursor?

Ok, I tested again strategyoverlay feature (BUG mod in custom assets and no other mod loaded) and here are the steps to reproduce the error:

1. build 1st city
2. go to city screen
I don't think strat layer should be accessible from city screen. It is really aimed at placing cities (dot mapping) and that doesn't make sense in the city screen.

Move mouse pointer away from the plot and then back to it -> result is python error

Thanks for that. That's a very strange bug. Does doing the same things outside of the City Screen cause the same problem? I'll track down the problem later today. Also, thanks for posting the other bugs to the tracker. I'll get to them eventually.

I also experienced a small error with the strategy layer: I put a cyan dot on the capital tile. When I toggeled the strategy layer again later, it was magenta :confused:.

Hmm, are you sure? Can you write up steps to reproduce it reliably like zappara above? Keep in mind that if you place a dot on a city itself, when its borders expand the first time, your cultural borders will lie exactly over the BFC strategy layer borders, making the color look funky.

Also, is there a way that you can always see your dotmap without having "the layer active" meaning without the color bar on the left and the dot-maker thingie cursor?

CTRL + X toggles visibility of the layer.
ALT + X toggles edit mode.

I'm going to add another option to toggle the visibility of dots on existing cities. I like to leave dots on the map when I settle them for future planning and as a reminder of the type of city it is. However, it can sometimes get a bit crowded.

I would love multiple layers for differing plans, but I doubt I'll be able to get to this any time soon. :(

I have a problem: Hannibal wants to gift me a city but I cannot accept or decline his offer?

Attachments

• Suryavarman II AD-0360.CivBeyondSwordSave
    311.7 KB · Views: 69
sounds like a known issue with the logger and diplo messages. I am pretty sure that these are fixed on the latest version of BUG.

Correct, this issue is fixed in the SVN version of BUG. We'll be releasing 3.6 very shortly. In the meantime, install the nightly snapshot so you can continue your game.

Pressing escape allowed me to continue. Is there a thread I need to subscribe to in order to be alerted to 3.6's arrival?

@EF:
I am sure the color changed. It might have happened while the borders popped, but it's not that I didn't recognise the color I initially used; I marked my (mayan (!)) capital with cyan, later it's magenta.

I can probabely find saves before and after or so but have no idea how to generally reproduce it. Oh and I still have those error logs I have to upload sometime :blush:

Please try to reproduce these bugs again after the 3.6 release, as they don't break for me. I agree that the dotmapping tool makes no sense when the city screen is up, so I may try to disable it then.

I don't think strat layer should be accessible from city screen. It is really aimed at placing cities (dot mapping) and that doesn't make sense in the city screen.
That's what I was thinking first but I had to try and see what happens if player tries to use it in city screen ;)

Thanks for that. That's a very strange bug. Does doing the same things outside of the City Screen cause the same problem? I'll track down the problem later today. Also, thanks for posting the other bugs to the tracker. I'll get to them eventually.
I'll check it early next week - my weekend is now filled with birthdays... :lol: See the 3rd pic from my earlier test, that's taken from mainscreen, though the error in it appeared after the steps I mentioned.

One other thing about. I did try to merge Abandon City / Raze building python component to CvEventManager and it was supposed to activate by alt+d in city screen but the game didn't seem to register those buttons so I suspect that strategy overlay code made the game ignore other button presses in city screen (I had Abandon city code working before I had merged strategy overlay). Not sure if this helps you in anyway, just thought I should post my findings. I discarded Abandon city code for now but I can run more tests with it later if you need more info...

The Strategy Layer listens for its keyboard shortcuts just like all the other BUG components, so it shouldn't interfere with some other shortcut-enabled mod.

Top Bottom