1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by alerum68, Sep 2, 2007.

1. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

No problem :D

2. ·Imhotep·

·Imhotep· Legendary Builder

Though there are some other Icons missing too - at the wonder movies and in the city screen (health, trade, etc.) ...

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Tried again to install 3.6, lost my interface??

4. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

Please answer all of these questions:

1. Uninstalled 3.5.1?
    2. Followed all the directions? Which ones? Renamed CustomAssets folder?
    3. Single or multipleyer install?
    4. /AltRoot?
    5. OS?
    6. Standard, Gold, Complete?
    7. Read the FAQ?
    8. Other mods installed such as BlueMarble or your own?

5. Phorever Phalanx

Phorever Phalanx Chieftain

Tried BUG for the first time based on the front page notice, using the single player (first) option. Got the "buginit - cannot find XML file for mod init" error. Using Vista and BTS 3.17, no other mods installed. Was able to get it sort of working by a workaround four or so page ago, to copy CustomAssets files to the main Assets folder.

BUG and BAT seem like something I would enjoy, so I uninstalled everything, reinstalled Civ IV, BTS, and the 3.17 patch, then installed BAT 1.1. Still getting the "bugint..." error.

One note I haven't seen before is that the Civ IV loading screen is actually still in the background at game start, although it closes when switched to.

6. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

You shouldn't copy the BUG files over the core game files if that's what you meant. That would work, but you wouldn't be able to turn BUG off without reinstalling BTS. But it looks like you did reinstall which is good, so let's go from there. :)

BAT 1.1 includes BUG 3.5.1, so don't install both together or they will clash. We will update BAT with BUG 3.6 soon, though.

Can you please turn on logging in the CivilizationIV.ini file by changing "LoggingEnabled" to 1? Then start up BAT and exit. Post the two files called PythonErr.log (no 2 in the name) and PythonDbg.log. We had some Vista issues before, but 3.6 should work fine with Vista.

Did this happen before installing BUG/BAT? I've never seen or read about that.

7. Phorever Phalanx

Phorever Phalanx Chieftain

Thanks for the help

Logs attached
    View attachment logs.zip

Interesting that the DBG file refers to Warlords. I did not add it with the reinstall (although I did have it the first time).

The loading screen is hard to catch; when I alt-tab back it closes, at maybe 80% done.

8. strategyonly

Could not get that to work either.
    used the exe file, completely deleted Custom Assets folders inside prior to using 3.6
    Single
    AltRoot??? have no idea what that is
    Win XP Home
    Standard
    Always
    no other modifications installed. But am making my own mod, yes. NWA.

9. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

Is your mod installed in the Mods folder? And when you try to run BUG, are you running the normal game (and thus BUG since it's in the CA folder) or are you running your mod? In other words, are you merging BUG with NWA right now or running BUG alone?

Can you post your PythonErr.log and PythonDbg.log files please?

10. strategyonly

Yes same area as AfterWorld etc. BtS, in CA folder directly from exe, didnt mess with anything else. Running my mod after your exe has been installed,o merging(wish i could). Deleted it after no interface so logs are gone, sorry. I had on python error on but no errors were present, just no interface.:rolleyes:

11. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

If I understand you correctly, you merged BUG with your mod simply by overwriting the BUG files with those from your mod, right? That's just not going to work. You have to properly merge them if they both contain Python files. I have posted detailed documentation to the SF.net wiki site in the Modders' Corner.

If you could post the logs, I might be able to help. But without that, I have nothing to go on. You can't tell the doctor that you're "sick" and need some "medicine" and hope to get better! :(

12. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Hm, that's very odd. Do you have a screenshot?

13. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

Even odder, check out this Tech hover text that only shows up borked in the trade window. Everywhere else that you can hover over a tech looks fine.

Also, the capital and religion icons do not show up in the Religion Advisor next to each city, yet those same icons show up fine on the map. :confused:

14. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Hm, I've done something, but I'm not sure what. I'll take another look when I get in this evening.

15. mystyfly

mystyfly Knight of Cydonia

It's not a bug like civ crashing or so, but, if you're at war, and your opponent refuses to talk, a message from BUG comes like "XX would sign a Peace Treaty" or "XX is willing to capitulate". This is hidden information and not available to the player at that time.

I'd rather see "XX is willing to talk again".

16. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

Unfortunately, whether or not the AI will talk is not exposed to Python by the core game DLL. BULL exposes this and adds a ! to the scoreboard if they won't talk, but BUG will require BULL to get that feature. :(

The only other option is to disable the alerts about peace/capitulation for BUG without BULL, and I may just do that to maintain UGness.

17. Roland Johansen

Roland Johansen Deity

Wow, what a high number of abbreviations in this post. If I were new to this forum or even this Mod, I would have absolutely no idea what you were talking about. :lol:

18. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

It seems that Foreign advisor screen gives python expection when you go the screen in the start of the game and before meeting any other civs. Otherwise v3.6 seems to be excellent :)

19. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

Can you please post the exception you see? I just started a new game, opened the Foreign Advisor (haven't met anyone yet), and switch among all the pages without any errors.

20. mystyfly

mystyfly Knight of Cydonia

BTW I haven't faced the bug I mentionned earlier again after updating BUG mod (was already before 3.6).

@Roland Johansen: Somehow I just thought the same ;) Especially since all are somewhat similar (BUG -> BULL -> DLL ... UGness is a great neologism tough :p).