Bug Reports and Technical Issues

WAIT!

I found it, I took a closer look at properties, and the shortcut is in C:\Mannin Family\Desktop\Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword\

Either that or it's another dead end, but hopefully not.

EDIT: lolnope nevermind. Doesn't work.

As to the teamviewer thing, what's that?

Who in their right mind would install a game on the desktop? :crazyeye:

Teamviewer is a program that lets people temporarily take control of another person's computer over the Internet in real time. This would be a lot easier than throwing out ideas and then waiting a few minutes to receive data from screenshots.

Orthodoxy does eventually autofound, but it should end up in an independent city. Do you have a save from before the religion is founded?

There was one Independent city nearby. Maybe it aimed at Kolkata and missed?

Let's see if I can get Turn 145 uploaded for you.

Attachments

• Orthodoxy Weird Found-Iron Age Turn 145.CivBeyondSwordSave
    411 KB · Views: 105
Thank you.

Who in their right mind would install a game on the desktop? :crazyeye:

Teamviewer is a program that lets people temporarily take control of another person's computer over the Internet in real time. This would be a lot easier than throwing out ideas and then waiting a few minutes to receive data from screenshots.

Forget what this message previously said; how does teamviewer work? Would I have to download it?

Yes, though I think you can choose between a one time temporary install and a regular one. Basically when you run it you get a code or something, and you send that code to the person you want to take a look, i.e. me. I enter that code on my end, and I get to control your computer until either of us ends the connection.

Orthodoxy does eventually autofound, but it should end up in an independent city. Do you have a save from before the religion is founded?

Same here, do you have the 1390 save?

here. I did upload but my quota was full.

Attachments

• Sobieski AD-1385 Turn 405.CivBeyondSwordSave
    826.3 KB · Views: 31
Hello and thank you for the great mod!
But I have to say that the new version 1.14 doesn't work correctly for me at all. Basically I have the same issue as Crimean Lord mentioned before. The autoplay doesn't start at all, I have a warrior and a settler, 0 techs, and everything requires 1-2 :hammers:,:gp: or :science:

here. I did upload but my quota was full.
Thanks.

Hello and thank you for the great mod!
But I have to say that the new version 1.14 doesn't work correctly for me at all. Basically I have the same issue as Crimean Lord mentioned before. The autoplay doesn't start at all, I have a warrior and a settler, 0 techs, and everything requires 1-2 :hammers:,:gp: or :science:
Okay, I have an idea of what is happening now.

Can you paste the content of the PythonErr.log file in your Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs folder? Alternately, enable Python exceptions (see opening post) and screenshot the error message that comes up when you start the game.

I have two 'log' files in my folder, hope they can help.

Attachments

• PythonErr.zip
    16 KB · Views: 45
Here are the python error messages. Sorry, if they are not in particular order.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.zip
    377.3 KB · Views: 37
Thanks, I think I have what I need.

and there was no any messages

just game shut downed :(

only my computer happen this ? lol

please someone check my savefile

i m wonder does it work next turn or not :(

i can't play it anymore bcuz of shut down of game

Attachments

• Frederick AD-1888-January Turn 1160.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • Victoria AD-1755 Turn 986.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
Hi everybody!
I'm back to say i hate Leoreth!!! :lol:
I had almost completed version 1.12 and now i have to restart everything with this new version 1.14. :cry: :D

A suggestion: please add version number in directory name and path of the maps, so different version can co-exist.

And now some data: played with Babilonians, Egypt, the new Indus guys, and Phoenicians.

Result:
Lucky win with Babilonians: found Writing in a hut. :D
Good win with Egyptians: something different from previous version, because i was able to train chariots and defeat those roman legions.
Easy win with those Indus rive guys: just build settlers ad one worker

And now the big surprise: i got an incredible score of +100.000 with Phoenicians.
Why?
I played a simple game.
1) Sail to Carthage to found capital
2) Found second city in Spain
3) Research Elephants.
4) Train 10 Elephants.
5) Get rid of Rome using Elephants.
6) Research money
7) Build glassmaker in Carthage
8) Make moneys in every city
9) Got 2 GM

Why this score?

A suggestion: please add version number in directory name and path of the maps, so different version can co-exist.

And now the big surprise: i got an incredible score of +100.000 with Phoenicians.
Why this score?
You can always change the names of your folders.

The score system was changed, now it takes into consideration your starting date, so later spawning civs have bigger scores.

You can always change the names of your folders.

I did it! ;)
You have to change the pathname in the map file too.

The score system was changed, now it takes into consideration your starting date, so later spawning civs have bigger scores.

Ok, but i'm afraid this score is too big in this way, for some civs.
+100.000 points to get Phoenician UHV with 1 wonder, 2 techs, 4 battles, 2GM and 15.000 money. Does not fit!

I started playing as china then played russia after it spawn. No problems until thet point

I'm aware of the problem, it's probably easy to fix, I just didn't have any time at all to touch the code this week. I plan to take care of this and several other issues (hopefully) over the weekend and then release another more stable version of 1.14 which will probably receive the version number 1.14.1. Sorry for the delay.

Top Bottom