Bug Reports and Technical Issues

that red circle

it happens sometimes

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 276
Can you give me a list of buildings in New York? Your current era is Renaissance right?

I am also seeing that red artifact, except it is folded across Constantinople in lines (in the 600AD start).

There is something strange with new version (1.14)
All civs including neutals and barbarians have cheap technology - 1-2 turn for one tech! The same situations with production and great people's points:)
When I start my game as England - neutrals already have tanks and modern fleet:)
I failed histiorical goal about MODERNIZATION in 2000 BC:)))
Also I start only with one catapulta in Arctic continent
The End:)
Hello and thank you for the great mod!
But I have to say that the new version 1.14 doesn't work correctly for me at all. Basically I have the same issue as Crimean Lord mentioned before. The autoplay doesn't start at all, I have a warrior and a settler, 0 techs, and everything requires 1-2 :hammers:,:gp: or :science:
Hey, can either of you download the attached archive and unpack it into your Assets/Python folder (overwrite the existing file), and then tell me if it fixed the problem.

Also, what is your system language? Am I right in assuming that you usually don't use a latin font? I'm pretty sure it's related to that but I find it hard to fix because in my latin system the error does not occur.

Attachments

• DynamicCivs.rar
    11 KB · Views: 59
Hey, can either of you download the attached archive and unpack it into your Assets/Python folder (overwrite the existing file), and then tell me if it fixed the problem.

Also, what is your system language? Am I right in assuming that you usually don't use a latin font? I'm pretty sure it's related to that but I find it hard to fix because in my latin system the error does not occur.

I have just tried. Unfortunately, it just ended in the same situation as before, with the only exception it caused many more error messages showing. I attach the 'log' files in hope they can help.

Yeah, my system language is Russian and it uses cyrrilic letters. I also play a Russian localization of the game by '1C'.

Attachments

• PythonErr2.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 85
Looks like I fixed one thing and broke another. But this looks like progress ... you should have run into the old error before triggering the new one. Please try this attachment.

Changing the system language to English might help, I have no idea how that affects how the game selects its font though. In any case I don't really want to force you to do that, and it worked before so it's just a question of getting it right.

Attachments

• DynamicCivs.rar
    11 KB · Views: 79
Looks like I fixed one thing and broke another. But this looks like progress ... you should have run into the old error before triggering the new one. Please try this attachment.

Changing the system language to English might help, I have no idea how that affects how the game selects its font though. In any case I don't really want to force you to do that, and it worked before so it's just a question of getting it right.

Wow, you are my hero. It works fine now. The only strange thing is this cute little 'ь' in the scoreboard, but it doesn't affect the game at all and changes to 'Rashidun Caliphate' when I settle Mecca.

Spoiler :

I am going to play the game later and will report you if anything goes wrong. Thanks a lot for your help!

Awesome! Thanks for reporting back to me, I would've had no idea how to fix this on my own.

The 'ь' in the scoreboard was forced in there to test if it works, the final code with the proper initial names is once again attached. Of course it will become part of the updated release of 1.14 (which also fixes a couple other bugs), so if it doesn't bother you you can also just wait.

Attachments

• DynamicCivs.rar
    11 KB · Views: 44
What is your language? Have you tried the last file I uploaded?

When playing with a Debug DLL and starting a scenario I get a ton of "Assert Failed" error messages after which the game crashes. A Release DLL I created with the exact same files, that is the completely unchanged source files of DoC, works perfectly fine as far as I can tell.

Well, when playing Arabia in 600AD and Russia in 1700AD there is a bunch of Assert Faileds, with Egypt in 3000BC it's only one, but it crashes afterwards all the same. Also except for that first one about cardinal directions or whatever, the only one that showed up for 3000BC Egypt, all asserts repeat a bazillion times, making me click Ignore Always instead of Ignore Once to see the next one.

I have attached screenshots of all unique error messages I got when trying to start a game as Russia in 1700AD.

Attachments

• talkaboutdeBUG_1.png
    talkaboutdeBUG_1.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 57
  • talkaboutdeBUG_0.png
    talkaboutdeBUG_0.png
    374.9 KB · Views: 97
  • talkaboutdeBUG.png
    talkaboutdeBUG.png
    329.9 KB · Views: 79
  • talkaboutdeBUG_2.png
    talkaboutdeBUG_2.png
    326.7 KB · Views: 55
  • talkaboutdeBUG_3.png
    talkaboutdeBUG_3.png
    280.5 KB · Views: 53
  • talkaboutdeBUG_4.jpg
    talkaboutdeBUG_4.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 50
Yeah I also got them but never took the time to investigate.

Why would it crash with a Debug DLL though? I understand error messages for issues that never cause any trouble in practice, but consistent crashing before a game can even start?

The debug setting causes a bunch of code to be executed that normally isn't ... who knows where something like a null pointer has been introduced by some random change.

Not directly related to DoC, but does anyone else have problems with their CivilizationIV.ini file not being written properly and being truncated (and therefore not being able to actually edit the settings there)?

The following coordinates are marked as part of Central Asia in terms of religion spread, though they should be part of India:

X:88, Y:44
X:89, Y:43

In addition, here's some coordinates that should be part of India in terms of religion spread, but are marked as part of Persia:

X:85, Y:39
X:86, Y:40
X:87, Y:42

Finally, the coordinates X:77, Y:43 doesn't belong to any area in terms of religion spread, despite being a possible city location. Given its location, I'm not sure whether it should count as part of Persia, Anatolia, or Mesopotamia.

I don't know if this is a bug, so I'll just ask. Should it be unusual for European and Independent civs to have mechanized infantry deployed in the early 18th century (Turn 329) in Regent games? I was playing Egypt on a 3000 BC load, took things into the early modern. When I finally got around to sending a caravel thru the straits of Gibraltar, I found English Independent cities garrisoned with mech infantry; the Germans were just conquering the Dutch with them; and the French, who had recently respawned were also armed with mech inf.

I don't know if this is related, but Independents were the first civ to discover Liberalism in that game, and though I didn't note what turn they discovered it on, it seemed very early, maybe around the time of the Ottoman spawn.

To repeat, this was a Regent game, not Paragon or anything like that.

Top Bottom