Bug Reports and Technical Issues

By the way, I just recently pull from the repository although I haven't checked it. Do I still need to reinstall?

Do you mean reinstall DoC or BTS as a whole?
The mod only, maybe something went wrong during your git pull and files are missing.

The mod only, maybe something went wrong during your git pull and files are missing.

By the way, I have tested after git pull and the game runs normally now (Yeah!) But now it's back to the old problem. When I run Chrome in parallel (for this) it could barely run a turn and then crash. If I close the Chrome it can run 2-3 turns until it crashes. I've seen the logs and I see nothing different from before. Just event lists (no exception) and "can't find module" of map generators.

The 600AD scenario isn't working for me. I reinstalled the mod and tried again and it still wasn't working, so it doesn't seem to be a problem on my end

Git version? Please refer to the FAQ in the Welcome to DoC thread.

Git version? Please refer to the FAQ in the Welcome to DoC thread.
I'm on the latest git version.
I have identified the problem: When I download the map, for some reason the 600AD file doesn't have any enters in it.. making it unreadable for the game.

Yes, that is what the FAQ entry is about.

Hi there, when installing the mod I get some errors. For instance, I can't install the file for Berber and Andalusian heavy infantry. I saw that someone else in this thread had the same problem. Is it because the names are too long, or something, as someone else suggested? I love this mod, am a long-time fan. :)

Hi, I've been a fan of this Mod for a long time. However, I couldn't find it on my computer the other day when trying to play it, so I'm trying to install the new version, 1.14, and I keep running into an error when it is installing. It's on the Units/arab/berber andalusian heavy infantry.dds file and it says

''An error occured while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:
MoveFiled failed; code 3.
The system cannot find the path specified.''

Am I doing something wrong or should I download a different file? I'm just downloading from the linked website under the general, newest thread.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/dawn-of-civilization-an-rfc-modmod-by-leoreth.361905/

which takes me to

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/dawn-of-civilization-v1-14.14674/

which takes me to

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dawnofciv/files/Install Dawn of Civilization.exe/download

Thank you for your help, and for making this mod :)

View attachment 466399

This is the problem I'm having.

Yes, this usually happens to Steam users, the directory Steam installs the game into already has quite a long path and certain modules, especially Varietas Delectat also comes with some long file/folder names. Windows has a limit on the number of characters in its file paths, which is causing this error. I'm planning to address this soon (reducing the length of certain file names if possible), but if you don't want to wait you can also try to install to a different path instead.

There's a fake Byzantine civilization in game.
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG

Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG

I have no idea how that could have happened. Do they control any cities?

I think that is a leftover from vanilla RFC. In the 600 AD scenario, the non-playable Byzantine occupy the Celts slot. I see that the Celts slot still exists in the 600 AD scenario of DoC, but it is not used. The Byzantine in DoC have their own slot, like all other civs and do not use the Celtic slot like they do in vanilla RFC. I suppose the Celtic slot is still converted to "fake Byzantium" in DoC, like it does in vanilla RFC and shows up as "fake Byzantium" when you turn on the "show all civs" BUG option.

Marine reserves cannot be built by workboats, probably not in their build list.

Spanish ships are losing UP the navigation bonus when upgraded

Attachments

• Spain.jpg
    Spain.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 109
Here's a bug that's been around for ages but no one talks about: there's a fresh water lake in the Philippines.
Spoiler the great Lake Philippines, named after King Philip II of Spain (•ิ_•ิ) :
Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG

Last edited:
I know population can be calculated in two ways: with linear weights or cubed weights. However I don't enjoy this discrepancy and supposedly neither do you. Can we stick to just one way instead?
Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG

Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG

Last edited:
No, I think sometimes "real" population is more appropriate than population points and vice versa.

So which one in the screenshots uses the "real" population and which one uses population points?

Top Bottom