1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Yeah, all terrain type specific bonuses require no feature on the tile.

1SDAN likes this.
  2. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Because it said so in the corporation advisor?

3. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Can you upload the save?

4. Fresol

Later when I get back home in the evening. You can WB a 1700 AD scenario easily though.

Leoreth likes this.
  5. Fresol

Check the city of La Habana.

Attached Files:

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Thanks, I'm not at home at the moment but I will look into it during the next couple of days.

7. Fresol

I just WB tested reformation, and met this recurring bug that Catholicism supposedly should leave reformed cities but actually stayed.
    Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG

Addtionally the reformation :gold: should scale with game speed but currently does not.

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  8. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

It's normal for Catholicism to remain in large cities. I'm pretty sure this is documented.

1SDAN likes this.
  9. Fresol

I guess then there shouldn't be messages saying "Catholicism has disappeared from Paris", which is visible in the screenshot.

1SDAN likes this.
  10. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Oh, I missed that. In that case I need another save from before the Reformation.

11. Fresol

I WB'ed myself Academia and founded Protestantism in Paris. Click End Turn and embrace reformation and you can see the text bug.

Attached Files:

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  12. Kojinesha

Kojinesha Chieftain

HI,

Playing as Canada on the most recent git version, I have Montréal connected to Vancouver all the way by railroad, but the game is not recognizing it.

Attached Files:

13. Fresol

One tile between Winnipeg and Moose Factory is not covered with your culture.
    The same mistake is often made when one tries the Russian UHV.

Kojinesha, Leoreth and 1SDAN like this.
  14. Kojinesha

Kojinesha Chieftain

Ah, I didn't realize my culture had to cover it. Thanks.

15. Alexius08

Alexius08 Chieftain

Some more things I've noticed:
    • Augustus rarely, if ever, gets to take over Rome. DynamicCivs.py requires less than five cities (which is never satisfied when the time for Augustus to take over comes) and switching out of Republic (Julius Caesar's favorite civic).
    • The Hanging Gardens doesn't require flood plains, considering that its bonus only applies to such terrain. I've seen Greece build it somewhere in its core area, so it needs to be restricted to cities with at least one flood plain tile in its workable radius.
    • Somewhere in Central India (map coordinates are at 90,35, to be exact), a rice resource is supposed to be replaced with tea in 1700 AD. However, this isn't reflected in the 1700 AD scenario, and I doubt that the corresponding part in Resources.py works (if it does, there'd be no need for a function to remove a pre-existing resource like what's being done to Egypt's copper to give way for iron). I suspect that it belongs elsewhere since the accompanying comment (which has existed for as long as I can remember) says that it's intended to spawn in West Bengal (AKA India's eastern coast).
    • In the 1700 AD scenario, isn't the copper in Egypt supposed to be replaced with iron?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    need my speed and 1SDAN like this.
  16. Jipsu

Jipsu Chieftain

I got "+1 You liberated our cities" when barbarians captured Samarkand from Mongols, I took it and gave it back in a peace treaty. Feels undeserved, save attached (it's the git where rebalanced tech costs appeared).

Mongol war declarations are a bit funny. This time I make contact as Russia, they declare war but give peace dialogue, then immediately afterwards war dialogue. More a cosmetic issue really. Similar to how war declaration messages sometimes show "France has declared war on !" when you presumably don't have contact with the target. Or when civs declare war on themselves in capitulation/defensive pact madness loop.

Attached Files:

1SDAN likes this.
  17. Fresol

The "declare war on !" text happens mostly to respawned civs as far as I can tell. Mexico, Austria and Iran are some examples.

ales_ likes this.
  18. Fresol

Amsterdam starts with bank but not market?
    Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG

1SDAN likes this.
  19. Fresol

I know I have reported this and you think it's working fine, but since you're releasing 1.15 I want to report it again:
    Vassalage does not reduce unit upkeep in anyway so it's not working.

20. Fresol

The text for Persian UHV 1 should be adjusted to 7% to be in accordance with the actual requirement.