Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Have you installed the VD module?

How old is your installation? I uploaded a new version where I fixed a crash yesterday.

Sure! Save files remain compatible, the issue was only with missing art assets.

In the current UHV you have to found Moscow on the exact starting spot.
It would be better to have more choices.
For example something like this: Control railroad from Pacific coast to Baltic coast via your capital city.
Sure, great idea.
You can always found a crappy Moscow just for UHV1 before the deadline, as long as there's not a city in the adjacent 8 tiles.
I've found Moscow in the neighboring tile because I wanted to found Nizhny Novgorod. It's quite big town for Russia, over 1 million people. The only tile for it is neighboring with the starting spot. But OK, just won't settle there next time.

P.S. Why do you call Moscow "crappy"? :p

Last edited:
Sure, great idea.

I've found Moscow in the neighboring tile because I wanted to found Nizhny Novgorod. It's quite big town for Russia, over 1 million people. The only tile for it is neighboring with the starting spot. But OK, just won't settle there next time.

P.S. Why do you call Moscow "crappy"? :p

No he means if you founded your capital elsewhere you can found a brand new Moscow as you near the UHV date. It would have very few buildings and not be able to work any tiles because of the cities around it, hence crappy.

Oh no. I downloaded the latest version of the mod so the problem with VD is not an issue. But I still have the crashing bug occuring after a while AI plays its turn. Tried to load a few turns back to do things differently, but it's a no go. Hope you can solve this crash :please:

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar AD-1648 Turn 470.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Noted. Sorry that you're so unlucky with these crashes.

Crash upon ending the turn. Interestingly, it seems to be the exact same turn of the last auto-save. So it crashes after the AI turns finishes?

See attached,

playing v.1.15 with VD modules, downloaded yesterday.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1432 Turn 416.CivBeyondSwordSave
    855.2 KB · Views: 31
I was playing a HRE/Prussia game from 600 AD & didn't have any crashes until installing the VD module. After install it crashed repeatedly—directly after autosave. Tracked it down a couple times to ENG ships & barb units.

Working on the VD crashes. More saves help.

Oh no. I downloaded the latest version of the mod so the problem with VD is not an issue. But I still have the crashing bug occuring after a while AI plays its turn. Tried to load a few turns back to do things differently, but it's a no go. Hope you can solve this crash :please:
I have fixed this crash, still need to take some time to check the other reports related to VD so I can roll them all out together.

I have fixed this crash, still need to take some time to check the other reports related to VD so I can roll them all out together.

OK, nice, thanks! Can you tell me with plain english what did you do? Do I need to download the DoC-core all over again AND if I understand correctly you try to fix all the bugs releated to these crashes before uploading new files?

OK, nice, thanks! Can you tell me with plain english what did you do? Do I need to download the DoC-core all over again AND if I understand correctly you try to fix all the bugs releated to these crashes before uploading new files?
He already has a fix. However, he has to fix many other bugs. When he releases the fix for the bug you found, he'll bundle it with fixes for bugs others have found.

The English Great General art was missing, leading to a crash when a GG is created and the game tries to render the unit. I think the easiest way for a quick fix is to go to Assets/Modules/Varietas Delectat/XML/UnitArtStyles&CivInfos/VD_England_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml and remove the following entry:
Code:
<StyleUnit>
    <UnitType>UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL</UnitType>
    <UnitMeshGroup>
        <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_GENERAL_EUROPEAN</EarlyArtDefineTag>
        <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_GENERAL_MODERN_ENGLISH</LateArtDefineTag>
        <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_GENERAL_MEDIEVAL_ENGLISH</MiddleArtDefineTag>
    </UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>

Once the fix is released you would have to do a complete reinstall though.

The flood plains in California are supposed to spawn at 1850 AD according to Resources.py, but they are in every scenario from the beginning.

I feel there is something wrong with stability checks in 600 AD scenario. I am trying starts for two nations, Byzantines and Moors and even after 30 turns my stability is always shaky (0) with 0s in all areas. And I had civics switching, city razing, war ending and starting... civics are often compatible and incompatible.
For comparison I started a quick game with Polynesia 3000 BC and got some values (different than 0) in Stability areas soon after some revolution. Same when playing Byzantines 3000 BC start in the past - I actually got to high Stable value there IIRC.
Latest GIT all the time. Save with Byzantium enclosed (dont judge it, the last turns were just sleepy tries to get stability check :) ) .

Attachments

• Justinian I AD-0840 Turn 308 stability shaky.CivBeyondSwordSave
    403 KB · Views: 52
OK, I played a few turns more to get some logs and in turn 36, AD 888 (Epic speed) the values finally changed there in all boxes. I just (very slowly) discovered Feudalism the same turn and also got some more contacts with western civilizations + Russia emerging before and this turn.

In a 3000 BC Prussian game, there was no Catholic holy city. After finishing the game, I learned that it had been Magdeburg, which was removed upon my spawn to make space for Berlin. Not sure if intended or how to solve.

Maybe related, probably not: Protestantism failed to appear at all. Catholicism appeared in 1400 in the Holy Roman Empire, maybe they had Academia already, I don't know.

Top Bottom