1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Rodnok

Rodnok Chieftain

I lost a ship :(. Playing as Byzantium, moved my War Galley close to Spain in Eastern Med. to explore and the next turn she disappeared without any message or notice. I am not in any war (only with independents) and even then there would be a message about units joining the enemy in the war of liberation.
    1.15 newest version (thanks for it! looks great).

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  2. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Afaik the initial spawn flip always happens and does not come with a notification. But I will look into it. (Glad you're enjoying 1.15)

1SDAN likes this.
  3. Rodnok

Rodnok Chieftain

Hmm, no spawn reported. I actually noticed a missing ship dozens of years later and went on to search for survivors. There were spawns (Spain and France) but these happened several turns after this.

Seems like exploring is dangerous, as Bilbo said:
    It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off

4. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

1. Since the 20% culture rule doesn't apply to water tiles, culture expansion gets screwy sometimes. Maybe increase it to 30% or so?
    Spoiler :

2. This is happening with all civs willing to trade wheat. And wheat isn't even needed for any corps. Why?

Spoiler :

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Not sure what to do about it. Why do you think a threshold change would help?

AI civs value resources according to their gain versus your gain. If you are stronger (or just have more cities) than them, they require additional gold in compromise. I'm aware that AIs are currently asking for too much and want to balance it better. The whole algorithm should probably be simplified and still give better results.

6. Akbarthegreat

Another issue that needs to be dealt with is Catholicism on 3000BC starts. I've seen multiple games now where Catholicism was either not founded or founded after all the European civs were born. The game tends to get very screwed up in this scenario, with Orthodoxy dominating Europe. You could add a date (say, 600AD or so) by which, if the conditions for founding Catholicism aren't met, it is automatically founded in Rome/any random Roman city.

A higher threshold would mean a more natural-looking culture spread, so in such scenarios at least one of the land tiles adjacent to the clam is likely to be owned by me.

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

But it would undermine the effect of the whole system.

8. Akbarthegreat

Yeah true. An easier fix would be to not allow "culturally isolated" tiles i.e. any tile that belongs to me must have another of my tiles adjacent to it, else it reverts to whoever has the next most amount of culture on it.

9. Rodnok

Rodnok Chieftain

I forgot last night I can examine things with Worldbuilder and right, there was a Moorish spawn that turn in southern Spain, some 4-5 tiles away from that ship. Carthaginian ship close to it was probably also lost.

Sorry for spam, then. Still, perhaps there could be a message about that. Not even the Moorish spawn was reported.

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah, better notifications would definitely improve things.

1SDAN likes this.
  11. h0spitall3rz

h0spitall3rz Grand Vizier of Your Mind

SoI has spawn notifications, specific for each civ. Maybe we can have something like that too?

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  12. Akbarthegreat

Spoiler :

This happened. Sometime early in the autoplay, I also got a message saying that "America had converted to Catholicism". Maybe this had something to do with that?

13. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yes, America is not hardcoded to Protestantism. They always are of the largest denomination in the world. If Catholicism wins out in the reformation, you get Catholic America.

14. Rodnok

Rodnok Chieftain

Help says you cannot build cities on hills. I think it was there in 1.14 too. Is that a bug? Because it is possible.
    I thought it would be a smart change actually.

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Cities can be built on hills. Where does it say that? A screenshot if possible please.

16. Qiu

Qiu Chieftain

Crashed before new turn. I tried to open an another Canadian game, it crashed again.
    version:1.15

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    Leoreth likes this.
  17. Rodnok

Rodnok Chieftain

Can do in the evening. It is in F12 - Terrain features (or Base Terrain?) - Hill. There is the same message "cannot build cities here" like for coast, ice or peaks.

Leoreth likes this.
  18. Akbarthegreat

No you missed the bug. Check out the scoreboard. My SR is Protestantism, but I still received a Catholic missionary.

19. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Oh, okay. Text helps sometimes ;)

need my speed and 1SDAN like this.
  20. Rodnok

Rodnok Chieftain

Attached Files:

• hill.png
      hill.png
      File size:
      914.3 KB
      Views: