Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Afaik the initial spawn flip always happens and does not come with a notification. But I will look into it. (Glad you're enjoying 1.15)

Hmm, no spawn reported. I actually noticed a missing ship dozens of years later and went on to search for survivors. There were spawns (Spain and France) but these happened several turns after this.

Seems like exploring is dangerous, as Bilbo said:
It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off

1. Since the 20% culture rule doesn't apply to water tiles, culture expansion gets screwy sometimes. Maybe increase it to 30% or so?
Spoiler :

2. This is happening with all civs willing to trade wheat. And wheat isn't even needed for any corps. Why?

Spoiler :

1. Since the 20% culture rule doesn't apply to water tiles, culture expansion gets screwy sometimes. Maybe increase it to 30% or so?
Spoiler :
Not sure what to do about it. Why do you think a threshold change would help?

2. This is happening with all civs willing to trade wheat. And wheat isn't even needed for any corps. Why?

Spoiler :
AI civs value resources according to their gain versus your gain. If you are stronger (or just have more cities) than them, they require additional gold in compromise. I'm aware that AIs are currently asking for too much and want to balance it better. The whole algorithm should probably be simplified and still give better results.

Another issue that needs to be dealt with is Catholicism on 3000BC starts. I've seen multiple games now where Catholicism was either not founded or founded after all the European civs were born. The game tends to get very screwed up in this scenario, with Orthodoxy dominating Europe. You could add a date (say, 600AD or so) by which, if the conditions for founding Catholicism aren't met, it is automatically founded in Rome/any random Roman city.

Not sure what to do about it. Why do you think a threshold change would help?

A higher threshold would mean a more natural-looking culture spread, so in such scenarios at least one of the land tiles adjacent to the clam is likely to be owned by me.

But it would undermine the effect of the whole system.

But it would undermine the effect of the whole system.

Yeah true. An easier fix would be to not allow "culturally isolated" tiles i.e. any tile that belongs to me must have another of my tiles adjacent to it, else it reverts to whoever has the next most amount of culture on it.

Afaik the initial spawn flip always happens and does not come with a notification. But I will look into it. (Glad you're enjoying 1.15)

I forgot last night I can examine things with Worldbuilder and right, there was a Moorish spawn that turn in southern Spain, some 4-5 tiles away from that ship. Carthaginian ship close to it was probably also lost.

Sorry for spam, then. Still, perhaps there could be a message about that. Not even the Moorish spawn was reported.

Yeah, better notifications would definitely improve things.

SoI has spawn notifications, specific for each civ. Maybe we can have something like that too?

Spoiler :

This happened. Sometime early in the autoplay, I also got a message saying that "America had converted to Catholicism". Maybe this had something to do with that?

Yes, America is not hardcoded to Protestantism. They always are of the largest denomination in the world. If Catholicism wins out in the reformation, you get Catholic America.

Cities can be built on hills. Where does it say that? A screenshot if possible please.

Yes, America is not hardcoded to Protestantism. They always are of the largest denomination in the world. If Catholicism wins out in the reformation, you get Catholic America.

No you missed the bug. Check out the scoreboard. My SR is Protestantism, but I still received a Catholic missionary.

Oh, okay. Text helps sometimes ;)

Attachments

• hill.png
    hill.png
    914.3 KB · Views: 97
Version 1.15, Inca

Crashes the turn after the Protestant Reformation. I've reloaded a few turns before several times and it crashes each time after PR. Save file included.

Attachments

• Huayna Capac AD-1575 Turn 296.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
Top Bottom