Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Right. So I have this problem with crashing turns. We have already talked about it (with Leoreth). These new observations might be useful for you. Like I explained before I had the ultimate start with the Romans after autoplay, and the first time the game crashed was cirka 1280AD and the struggle kept going. I decided to start all over again with that old save turn1. Naturally things happened differently.

But the crashing error came about the time as in previous game.

I again randomly deleted all the navy units at sea (like we talked about it). This got me going a few turns more. But the crashing just keeps coming.

Summa Summarum: Same starting save - different playing style - still had the error about the same time - lots of curse words and banging the keyboard:badcomp:

I have MANY saves available.

I'm sorry, my time working on the mod is limited at the moment, and dealing with crashes takes a lot of it, so I postponed this for now. I will get back to you as soon as I know more.

Does the RFC 600 AD scenario work for others? I have latest GIT, tried to recreate the whole clone again and once again I got the message "failed to read worldbuilder file". I checked: the file is there, looks pretty similar to other scenarios (which work), attributes, folders, file name, and extension are ok... I dont know what else could be a problem. Still got a lot of space on the disk.

Attachments

• 600ad_scenario.png
    600ad_scenario.png
    207.5 KB · Views: 68
Have you tried the solution in the FAQ in the first post of this thread? It's the last entry.

Is the version 1.14 more stable?
Got another appcrash playing for Russia. :sad:
Maybe there are some advices to make the game crashing not so often?

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    99.2 KB · Views: 29
  • AutoSave_AD-1160 Turn 360.CivBeyondSwordSave
    596 KB · Views: 47
  • AutoSave_AD-1180 Turn 364.CivBeyondSwordSave
    609.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 26
Officially released versions are always more stable. Please be aware that whenever you are using a Git version or a preliminary release candidate, bugs and crashes can occur.

I am aware of these problems and will address them when I have the time. Until then you either have to put up with it or revert to 1.14.

Officially released versions are always more stable. Please be aware that whenever you are using a Git version or a preliminary release candidate, bugs and crashes can occur.

I am aware of these problems and will address them when I have the time. Until then you either have to put up with it or revert to 1.14.
OK, thank you.

Playing as Rome on paragon & marathon:
Cleopatra founded Islam 394BC, even before Orthodoxy. Probably by discovering Ethics.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    280.6 KB · Views: 56
Other observations:

I started two English games (3000bc/epic) and in both cases Catholism was not yet discovered. Similar situations are nowadays very common. I assume there are some new "technical stuff" with the new preversion1.15 and techtree cause founding dates for religions are now so much more polarized than before.. :confused:

-----

How about those 100% tolerance civilizations with state religion? No more secular civs except me in my games. Thoughts?

HI,
seems like a bug with the 1 goal of Russian UHV.
I've built a railroad from Moscow to Vladivostok, but in 1920 got a message about failing a goal.
Why could this happen?

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1920 Turn 608.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 38
  • AutoSave_AD-1916 Turn 604.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 43
Did you have the green check mark before?

HI,
seems like a bug with the 1 goal of Russian UHV.
I've built a railroad from Moscow to Vladivostok, but in 1920 got a message about failing a goal.
Why could this happen?
Either your railroad has a part that is not covered by your culture(not OK for the purpose of UHV 1) OR a python exception occured and reset your goal check, in which case you can manually tick the goal through WB.

No, in which case you report it so I can fix it.

In his case he simply did not place all railroads inside his cultural border though.

Maybe it should be explicitly stated in the UHV condition. Players new to the Russian UHV often do not know this.

In my current Japan game, Buddhism hadn't been founded when I spawned. Despite this, both Korea and me had Buddhism as a state religion, which doesn't make much sense.

(In general I would suggest not making Japan Buddhist at start, since they start with deification and we never see Shintoism in the game as it is.)

Either your railroad has a part that is not covered by your culture(not OK for the purpose of UHV 1)
Played another time, now to the 1920 all the railroad was inside my borders, butt still goal failing occuring.
Maybe it's happenning because of plaicng Moscow not excactly in starting cell?
Or I should build a "straight" railroad, not from city to city?

in which case you can manually tick the goal through WB.
Couldn't find where I can do it.

Attachments

• Peter AD-1920 Turn 608.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
In the current UHV you have to found Moscow on the exact starting spot.
It would be better to have more choices.
For example something like this: Control railroad from Pacific coast to Baltic coast via your capital city.

You can always found a crappy Moscow just for UHV1 before the deadline, as long as there's not a city in the adjacent 8 tiles.

Top Bottom